[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can't get mad or criticize them for trying to do something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ghostintheshell2.jpg (1MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ghostintheshell2.jpg
1MB, 2025x3000px
You can't get mad or criticize them for trying to do something different. Why don't more filmmakers try to create new worlds/universes like James Cameron for example. Everything is always capeshit and or murder kidnapping mysteries.

Where did audiences and studios sense of imagination and ambition go?
>>
>>85651975
I liked it. Probably gonna watch it again sometime in the future.
>>
>>85653556
Me too. Though I didn't quite understand scarjos interpritation of Major having a weird walk. I suppose her thought process was this is what a cyborg would walk like in terms of gait
>>
>>85653976
She wasn't comfortable/familiar in her new body. It didn't really make sense how she was then graceful as all fuck in the action scenes thouigh
>>
File: neck cracking.gif (1MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
neck cracking.gif
1MB, 450x252px
They cast a hot girl as Major, then make sure Major has no onscreen sex appeal because you can't do that in 2017.
>>
>>85655660
>hot girl
>>
>>85651975
Cameron has Battle Angel coming out with Robert Rodriguez. Filming wrapped in February, and it's supposed to cover vols. 1-4, with a big emphasis on motorball. I hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>85653556
Yeah, don't understand why everyone hates it.
>>
>>85653556
it was cool, the green screen was a bit distracting at times though. the whole time i was watching i kept thinking how easy it would be to line it up even more with the manga and animes in a sequel... that will never happen.
>>
>>85651975

For as long as they had to make the film, I couldn't believe how weak the story and script was. There was almost no attempt made to actually explain any of the characters, or who Section 9 even was as a group. Everyone is just there because.

I thought the "twist" was stupid. It was almost like they did it just to explain why they cast a white person and felt reactive to "white washing" criticisms. It also made the Major as a character feel silly, that she was just a runaway teenager. Why was the goal of the program to turn Asian people white? Seriously, I heard people laughed out loud in theaters during that scene.
>"Motoko!"
>"Hideo!"

The only parts of the movie that worked were what they ripped from the original movie. The "villain" was a dumb combination of the Puppetmaster and Kuze that felt useless. And the actual villain was just a random guy who had unlimited power because "muh corporations", and he never reported to anyone or seemed to interact with any characters in the actual movie outside of Aramaki.

I liked Batou, most of the visuals, the costumes, and the very slight personality you get from the major, but the script was awful. Why even have Section 9 characters like Togusa if he does fuck all? It made even less sense to add original characters with five lines of dialogue.

It felt like the ending was designed to be a weeb's wet dream. "I REALLY AM JAPANESE!!!" Hollywood is terrible.
>>
*disrobes*

>This is Major.
>>
>>85651975
POST THE OTHER POSTER
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.