[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are aliens in films always so dumb? In this film and in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: arrival-poster-venezuela.jpg (1MB, 1500x2340px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-poster-venezuela.jpg
1MB, 1500x2340px
Why are aliens in films always so dumb? In this film and in general.

>Have the intelligence to master faster than light travel.
>Don't think about how to communicate with humans before they arrive
>Don't realise that appearing all at once will create panic
>Don't have the intelligence to contact the UN and send a single diplomat who speaks English to introduce themselves.

>If they come to destroy the earth they fall for the stupidest tricks in the book and get defeated.
>>
>xenos scum
>intelligent
pick one
>>
>>85650927
>he's so retarded he couldn't even understand babbies first "complex" story
The aliens were seeing if they were worthy of learning the language. Also I'm pretty sure they were incapable of speaking english.
>>
They needed a translator. Same happened in Stargate. After years of trying, eventually Danel could read and speak Goa'uld
>>
File: dwmr048_davros_1417_cover_large.jpg (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dwmr048_davros_1417_cover_large.jpg
137KB, 600x600px
>>85650927
If you want intelligent aliens listen to this audio drama which is great and if only Doctor Who now had scripts like this then it would actually be good but rather the new series has a lot of shocking episodes.

Russel T. Davies was a mastermind whilst Moffat fucked so much up.
>>
>>85651110
How long does stargate take to get going? I liked the movie but after watching one episode I already feel bored.
>>
File: ocs_iss_0.jpg (2MB, 3319x2116px) Image search: [Google]
ocs_iss_0.jpg
2MB, 3319x2116px
>>85650927
Why cant we effectively communicate with dolphins?
>>
>>85651191
They rape all the translators.
>>
File: 1498483395007.png (258KB, 513x499px) Image search: [Google]
1498483395007.png
258KB, 513x499px
>>85651010
delet this
>>
>>85651082
>The aliens were seeing if they were worthy of learning the language. Also I'm pretty sure they were incapable of speaking english.
? They confirmed that in the future humans save them. And just because they couldn't speak english doesn't mean they couldn't learn the language enough to write a message.
>>
>>85651179
It's the best sci-fi series ever created
>>
>>85651191
Because dolphins are primitive, small brained creatures. There are numerous languages in the the human race not to mention other forms of communication.

And if we for some reason had to communicate with dolphins, we would do so by mimicking their language/sounds. We wouldn't expect dolphins to learn ours.
>>
>>85651191
Looks like perfectly effective communication to me famalam
>>
the plot was ridiculous. why would aliens suffer from human amnesia? even if they did then it is pretty unlikely that amy adams would recover from it and remember that she was an alien just in time to save the day.
>>
Why did Jeremy Renner leave his daughter after he found out she would die of cancer? I mean, I get being mad at Amy Adams for not telling him, but why abandon your daughter in her final years?
>>
>>85650927
The book is a shitty ripoff of a Frank Herbert novel. It's a shame because herbert is a master.

What i hated the most is the most idiot trope of all.
>Aliens are real
>Everyone riot
>>
>>85650927
>Have the intelligence to master faster than light travel.
Nope. An I'm not even going to read the rest OP its clear you're an idiot.

>>85651321
>They confirmed that in the future humans save them
Nope.
>>
>>85652941
Which Herbert novel? I've recently begun reading hiss stuff beyond Dune. Destination Void and it's sequels were phenomenal, and I loved White Plague.
>>
>>85651191
Because the translators start taking psychedelics and giving the dolphins handjobs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.