[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was such trash. Prometheus was 10x better than this schlock.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: AC.png (691KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
AC.png
691KB, 600x831px
This was such trash. Prometheus was 10x better than this schlock. Though I must admit it's pretty amazing that they managed to fit in an Oscar-worthy performance from Michael Fassbender into such a shit flick.
>>
>>85646304
I wouldn't call it Oscar worthy, but yea, he was the best thing the film had going for it.
>>
This movie is fuckin weird. It's like if Malick directed a Friday The 13th sequel.
>>
File: 1499720099984.gif (3MB, 242x214px) Image search: [Google]
1499720099984.gif
3MB, 242x214px
>>85646304
>Schlock
>>
File: 1491762633451.jpg (356KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
1491762633451.jpg
356KB, 959x639px
I liked everything on the spaceship, sorta liked when they landed (characters acting dump notwithstanding), and then the mausoleum was pure mitigated trash.
>>
RUN
>>
>>85646966
It's like if Ridley Scott wanted to make a sequel to Prometheus but the studio made him do a remake of Alien.
>>
File: 1426345236528.jpg (23KB, 237x251px) Image search: [Google]
1426345236528.jpg
23KB, 237x251px
>>85646304
>an Oscar-worthy performance from Michael Fassbender
>>
theres like 1/3 of a really good movie in there with 2/3 trash
>>
>meanwhile 5 years in the future

Alien Awakening was such a fucking shitfest, why cant they make good movies like covenant or prometheus anymore?!
>>
Nothing amazing about Fassbender putting in another great performance. He's consistently good. I think Prometheus and Covenant are equally dumb, but I gave Prometheus a little more leeway at first because I was excited for something that looked like an Alien movie again. Covenant had to deal with the fallout of Prometheus' bullshit story.
>>
>>85647206
You don't think the David talking to Walter scenes would have gotten him an Oscar in a better film?
>>
>>85647221
I liked Prometheus when it came out though.
>>
>>85647299
>Covenant had to deal with the fallout of Prometheus' bullshit story.
It would have had more time to deal with it if it wasn't so focused on being an Alien remake.
>>
>>85647299
>Covenant had to deal with the fallout of Prometheus' bullshit story.

If by that you mean made it a 1000 times worse by retroactively shitting all over any mythology/mystery the series offered and turning it into gay little robot with a daddy complex in space then yeah, that's exactly what it did.

Fassbender's acting was solid but the writing was utter shit.
>>
>>85647381

no. no I don't. it's a shit movie unworthy of any academy recognition.
>>
>>85646304
>>85646867
thats because this is his trilogy
>>
>>85647596
>it's a shit movie unworthy of any academy recognition.
I agree. I'm talking about his performance not the movie.
>>
>>85647693

I am including all the actors in my short review. it's shit, fassbinder is pedestrian.
>>
>>85647172

Well maybe the senile old prick shouldn't have been so wishy-washy on the "alien prequel" thing when Prometheus came out.

Either drop all references to Alien entirely or commit to making an Alien prequel. That's all he had to do. Instead he did this back and forth bullshit until nobody knew what the fuck it was. Then, after pussyfooting around years later, he decides it actually IS a full blown Alien prequel and the sequel will be an Alien movie.

If Prometheus had strictly done its own thing as a standalone sci-fi movie, Covenant would have been better. But that's not the studio's fault, it's Ridley Scott's.
>>
>>85647905
>If Prometheus had strictly done its own thing as a standalone sci-fi movie, Covenant would have been better. But that's not the studio's fault, it's Ridley Scott's.
It is the studio's fault though. Do you think Prometheus would have gotten made if it didn't have ties to the Alien franchise? No. That's the only reason it got funded.
>>
File: scott.jpg (150KB, 800x1018px) Image search: [Google]
scott.jpg
150KB, 800x1018px
David is the key to all of this.
>>
Why was James Franco even in this movie?
>>
>>85646304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

not oscar worthy, just like the rest of the film
>>
I liked Prometheus because I didn't understand it and it was mysterious and interesting. I hated Covenant because I understood it and it was fucking stupid.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.