[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this movie so forgotten despite being superior to both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: The_Equalizer_poster.jpg (60KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
The_Equalizer_poster.jpg
60KB, 300x445px
Why was this movie so forgotten despite being superior to both John Wick and Jack Reacher?
>>
>>85635913
Because people are over Denzel.
He wend kinda off the grid and left too much time between movies so people forgot.
>>
>>85635913
>superior to both John Wick and Jack Reacher
No. I liked it but you are wrong here dude
>>
>>85635951
Watch out everyone we have true cinema connoisseur here.
>>
>>85635951
The only advantage that those two movies might have is action. The protagonists are retarded, one-dimensional, and boring as fuck Jason Bourne rip offs.
>>
File: the-equalizer.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
the-equalizer.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
>>85635913

It is just another action movie, good, but nothing special. Denzel is a strange actor when it comes to his career. When he was young he avoided action roles and did stuff like shakespeare. Now that he is old he does action movies with Seagal tier brutality.

TV-show it was based on was also pretty good, even if it was quite different and had very different lead actor. It had one of the best themes of 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAei6YFGlDQ
>>
File: 1500425600238.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500425600238.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>overpowers guy with submachine gun
>has to deal with several other bad guys
>doesn't use the submachine gun
>uses a nailgun instead
>>
Chloe box office bomb Moretz
>>
>>85636089
Yeah, this Denzel Equalizer guy just had so many dimensions dude, they should have made at least a trilogy out of him. So deep action guy
>>
Ending was really bad and dragged on.

Plus he has even less of an reason to kill a bunch of Russian guys than John Wick. Literally because Chloe was a teen prostitute who went to the same diner as him iirc. Though this is the first movie I took a girl out to so it might stir up bad feelings. But I did like the shoot out in the Home Depot.
>>
>>85636321
>Yeah, this Denzel Equalizer guy just had so many dimensions dude, they should have made at least a trilogy out of him. So deep action guy

It is based on old TV-show and there plenty of depth of character in Robert McCall.

>>85636379
>Plus he has even less of an reason to kill a bunch of Russian guys than John Wick.

Act of atonement for his own sins. Basically he is an ex-CIA operative that has fucked his own life in more than one way and now that he is retired and he tries to do something good for once.
>>
Because it wasn't.
>>
>>85635913
They are doing the sequel

John Wick was better

Tom needs to make Collateral Origins
>>
>>85635913
Because racism
>>
>>85638093
kys
>>
>>85635913
because it has the most unrealistic story ever, I can understand trying to protect and save a young exploited prostitute if she was extremely attractive and worth risking your life, maybe get something in return at the end if you know what I mean, but Chloe ?! too unrealistic
>>
>>85635913
I haven't seen Reacher so I can't speak to that, but come on, better than Wick? You're delusional. And I say this as a person who liked The Equalizer a lot.

The only problem I have with the film is that Moretz is woefully miscast.
>>
File: 1363342346244.jpg (209KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363342346244.jpg
209KB, 682x600px
>>85641357
>realism
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.