[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

watched the whole thing, tried to enjoy it but I just found it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

watched the whole thing, tried to enjoy it but I just found it boring. What am I missing?
>>
growing up in soviet russia
>>
stick to the video game
>>
>>85622405
>What am I missing?
your brain
>>
>>85622405
Your ADD medication
>>
>>85622405
bit of a brainlet t b h
>>
Is Tarkovsky a pleb filter?
>>
>>85623261
>>85623231
>>85623217
>>85623349
>>85623401
:/
>>
File: andrei.jpg (82KB, 856x482px) Image search: [Google]
andrei.jpg
82KB, 856x482px
>>85623513
>>
>>85622405
Look anon, you don't have to like it. Accept that you don't have to like every critically acclaimed film just because.

Though I heavily recommend you revisit Stalker in a few years again to see if you like it then maybe, in a cinema preferably, it is truly a great experience.
>>
>>85623640
well yeah im not going to pretend I liked it, because I didn't, but I'm just curious why so many people rave about it because im willing to admit I didn't "get" it
>>
>>85623696
here's the trick: if something is critically acclaimed or widely adored and you don't like it, just don't watch it and don't bother thinking about it. There's nothing to necessarily "get" that can be articulated in words - people certainly try, but they're not going to convince you here and now that it's a great film. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>85623696
Think of the film like visual poetry. You aren't meant to "get" a singular universal message from it, you are meant to experience it, feel something, anything.
Most people like Tarkovsky because of his visuals and the use of dreamlike non linear narratives, though it's pretty different with everyone.
>>
>>85622405
>What am I missing?
the manchildren's activities that keep you distracted
>>
You didn't miss anything. Tarkvosky is the biggest hack dirrector of all time and you would have to be a pseud to claim to enjoy it.
>>
not enough quips for you to enjoy i guess
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13564045/r

no body here likes this pretensious commie. We had a poll where he got BTFO by synder
>>
>>85623231
This. The video games have such a great atmosphere. I wish I could have liked the movie but literally nothing happens. I thought they were supposed to get super powers or something, what happened?
>>
>>85623493
Its pseud filter, as in those who pretend to like him are pseuds
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.