[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ahahaha, he survived a nuclear blast in a fucking fridge.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 5

File: 960.jpg (56KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
56KB, 960x540px
Ahahaha, he survived a nuclear blast in a fucking fridge.

Bravo Lucas.
O
M
B
>>
This scene was the climax in the original script for back to the future, but was cut for budgetary issues
>>
>>85619338
According to science, and depending on the make and model of the fridge, it's actually possible.
>>
>Indiana Jones pulls off a crazy stunt in an Indiana Jones movie
who writes this garbage
>>
>>85619501
It isn't at all
>>
>>85619540
Lucas was trying to push the boundaries of what was believable though and went too far
>>
>>85619743
Are you familiar with Operation Castle? Some types of structures and materials can indeed withstand nuclear blasts, at least the nuclear blasts of the era we're talking about. Certain refrigerators could possibly have preserved a human life. Don't google this, just believe me. Google will only give you a bunch of clickbait SEO sites and I'm giving you true information.
>>
Friendly reminder that Spielberg was proud of this scene because it gave brith to "nuking the fridge" as a legitimate alternative to "jumping the shark"
>>
>>85619995
You're giving me shit you fucking fool.
>>
>>85619805
This movie fucking sucks but this is pretty far down the list on reasons why.
>>
>>85620110
Yeah, you're right. Can't think of anything redeemable about it at all.
>>
>>85619805
Remember when the man got his face melted off because he drank from the wrong cup

yeah fuck off senpai
>>
>>85619338
Britbong I see
>>
>>85620144
Fantasy
>>
>>85620168
Are you watching it too?
>>
>>85620144
thats actually pretty realistic though
>>
>>85620197
>a man getting his face melted off from drinking a cup is fantasy
>in the same universe a man hiding in a fridge to avoid a nuclear blast is not fantasy, but an affront to realism and REEEEE

you fucking autist
>>
This never bothered me, a lot of other shit in the movie did... but, Indiana survived a lot of really dumb things through really dumb means.
>>
>>85620234
who /bbc1/ here?
>>
>>85620246
According to science, a fridge might just protect you from a nuclear blast, though. It's possible. Do not google this
>>
>>85620246
You're right, it's not.
>>
>>85620309
I googled it.
I'm very conflicted right now.

You seem trustworthy anon, I'll believe you.
>>
>>85620144
The cup was laced with arsenic you simple minded fool.
>>
>>85620309
>according to science
stfu you pleb
>>
But jumping out of an airplane in an inflatable raft and surviving is super realistic, though.
>>
>>85620360
I wish your cup was laced with arsenic you simple minded fool

please no rly drink arsenic, live a full and happy a life as you can <3
>>
>>85620383
who said it was?
>>
>>85620246
/thread
>>
>>85620383
SHUT UP, IT'S ONLY AN ISSUE WHEN SOMETHING STUPID HAPPENS IN CRYSTAL SKULL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yeah but seriously the crystal skull is still a terrible film
>>
and yet no one complains about him, a kid and woman jumping from a plane on a lifeboat and landing on a mountain without injuries or dying
>>
>>85620445
THEY LANDED ON SNOW REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85620445
Yeah they do, you fucking cock snogger
>>
>>85619501
Being right at ground zero though? Even if he survived the bomb he wouldn't survive being tossed around in it nor the radiation poisoning.
>>
>>85620445
People have survived much worse stuff IRL.
>>
>>85620495
Like your mum riding them
>>
>>85620495
There's a major difference between surviving something and being totally unharmed.
>>
>>85620482
He had a strong immune system.
>>
>>85620246
>>a man getting his face melted off from drinking a cup is fantasy

It's literally magic, in the story.

>a man hiding in a fridge to avoid a nuclear blast is not fantasy

Exactly. It's reality and we know something about that, unlike the ark. They even make it a plot point that it's lead lined, as if that's the reason he'll survive the radiation.

Posit instead the aliums had shot an EVIL LIGHT BEAM from the sky and Indy survives in the fridge, and it's fine. The script doesn't pretend it's follows science, it doesn't introduce some real world logic to it, so it's okay.

>>85620445
>yet no one complains about him, a kid and woman jumping from a plane on a lifeboat and landing on a mountain without injuries

Yes they did. But even though it's extremely unlikely it's possible. The script doesn't try to introduce Indy waxing the lifeboat to explain why it does so well on snow. He doesn't put special aerofoils on it. He just gets lucky from improvisation.

The fact that autists on /tv/ can't understand this difference is alarming.
>>
>>85620641
Its called fiction you dunce, there is a difference between it and reality
>>
>tfw a Cold War adventure could have been awesome for the series if it involved the Tunguska event and other weird Soviet shit
>>
>>85620641
OK so we know that a man hiding in a fridge to aboid a nuclear blast is reality and not possible.
What about the fact that the entire franchise is built on a lecturer who raids tunnels and is chased by boulders after he takes treasure.
Do you really think this is what archeoligists do?
No. The whole thing is fantasy and you are autistic to get so hung up on the fridge.
>>
>>85620283
Not when that shit's on.
>>
Everyone would defend it if it was in Rick and Morty
>>
>>85620383
>>85620445
That's believable as an absurdly unlikely but possible thing, if the angle were just right and the speed were just right and they got really lucky.
Getting blown sky high by a nuclear blast inside a fridge, crashing hard into the ground and just walking out of it is 100% impossible without a supernatural justification.
>>
>>85620960
implying i watch that fucking cartoon shite
>>
>>85620964
No, if you think about it, it could happen under the right circumstances.
>>
>Shia La Boufe was hinted to be the next India Jones

What went so wrong?
>>
>>85620964
What about the bit where they're about to get crushed by two walls. Is that believable or is it fantasy. You know, like the entire Indianna Jones universe. Jesus fucking Christ the autism of people who demand realism in their fictional fucking stories about teachers who steal treasure whilst people have their hearts ripped from them never ceases to amaze me.

It's a fucking fantasy adventure film, Crystal Skull is terrible but not becuase of muh realism REEEE
>>
>>85620964
it was a holy ghost fridge from that government warehouse, duh.
>>
>>85620964
he still had some lingering effects from drinking from the holy grail
>>
>>85619501
even the physical damage from being inside the fridge as it's thrown 50 feet into the air and lands again on hard ground?
>>
>>85621141
We've all been there - that dude Jesus is a fucking drinking machine, can't keep up with the cunt. Always with his wooden fucking cuo
>>
>>85620915
I rarely actually watch tv live anymore, I can only hope that the past 3 weeks have had the other Indie films. It is the only excuse for playing this POS - they can't have just decided to randomly throw it on, can they?
>>
>>85619338
Imagine if he came out looking like this?
>>
>>85620713
>Its called fiction you dunce

It's actually screenwriting choices and what's permissible under the chosen genre and setting, but go ahead and vomit forth your rage induced spittle.

>>85620781
>What about the fact that the entire franchise is built on a lecturer who raids tunnels
>No. The whole thing is fantasy

Fiction isn't a 0/1 state you fucking autists.

It has a setting and context. The conceit of Indy is the adventure serial. But you fucking retard redditors act like you can't comprehend the difference between "our hero knocks out a bad guy" and "our hero talks directly to the screenwriter and a cartoon hand comes down from the sky and crushes the bad guy".

It's as if you just can't comprehend what the fuck screenwriting rules are, or what a genre is.
>>
>>85621268
>I'm autistic the post

>The conceit of Indy is the adventure serial except from when I arbitrarily decide how realistic the adventure serial is allowed to be

Just euthanise yourself you fucking retard
>>
Has anyone ITT even set off a nuclear bomb and climbed into a fridge to test the science?
>>
>>85619338
>Ahahaha, he survived a nuclear blast in a fucking fridge.
i laughed at that too but later figured it was probably a nod at those "put a newspaper above your head in case of a nuclear bomb" advices
>>
>>85621380
Not yet. Going to North Korea in October to try it though
>>
Part Time
>>
>Japanese guy survives 2 nuclear bombs and lives to old age
>Indy survives a test bomb
>WOAH THIS IS UNREALISTIC! IN THIS FRANCHISE WHERE GOD IS REAL I DRAW A LINE HERE!
>>
>>85621380
>Has anyone ITT even set off a nuclear bomb and climbed into a fridge to test the science?
isnt that what elon musk wants to commercialize?

he does that FridgeX project
>>
>>85620482
What if the holy grail water gave him a permanent immune boost?
>>
Remember when FUCKING GHoSTs came out of a holy Ark and melted anyone who looked at them?

Yeah. I do to.
Fucking retards.
>>
I love that in Fallout New Vegas there's a fridge with a fedora-wearing skeleton inside it hidden in the desert somewhere
>>
>>85621766
Again; the thread is not about that. No one is defending it, you fucking imbecile.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>85621827
>>
>>85620781
Sounds like you need to go read up on what antiquatians were.
>>
>>85621894
Antiquarians*
>>
>everyone forgetting the submarine scene from the first movie
>>
>>85621827
Do you?
>>
>>85621894
Oh yes, antiquatians - the famous archaeology lecturers who collected treasures and punched nazis whilst teaching in their spare time
>>
>>85619805

One of the things that makes Lucas seem Jewish is his forays into (((cartoon physics))).
>>
>>85622006
What do you think happened to him in the early-mid 90s?
>>
>>85619338

>Ahahaha, he survived a nuclear blast in a fucking fridge.

That was Spielbergs idea (you know, the guy who actually directed this shitty movie), and he defends it to this day
>>
>>85622094
No, it was George's
>>
>>85622200

Spielberg:
>What people really jumped at was Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom-bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark". They now say, "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture."

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spielberg-Blames-Lucas-Crystal-Skulls-Proud-Nuking-Fridge-27548.html

It's not as if that was the worst scene in the movie, the drive-through-the-jungle-scene was the worst, suddenly I was watching a movie for 5-year olds.
>>
Okay, so if a human cannot survive a nuclear blast hiding in a lead-lined fridge, how much damage could one survive?

Can I climb into a fridge to survive a MOAB? What about a simple grenade? Anything in between?

How much armor does a fridge provide?
>>
>>85622417

>“It’s not true,” he told a New York Times journalist when it was claimed the idea was Spielberg’s. “He’s trying to protect me.” Apparently, Spielberg didn't believe in the scene and Lucas had to create an entire dossier on why it was a good idea.

>He claimed that if the fridge was lead-lined, if Indy didn't break his neck and he was able to open the door, he would survive. “The odds of surviving that refrigerator — from a lot of scientists — are about 50-50,” Lucas said.

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/george-lucas-admits-to-indy-fridge-scene

Now fuck off.
>>
>>85619338

>OH, MY MAGIC FRIDGE
>>
>>85622495
It's just just surviving the blast, it's the fact the fridge was launched what must've been miles through the air and Indy inside suffered no injury.
>>
>>85622516
HoOOOOOOOooO SHIEIIIIIEEEEET NIGGA THIS >>85622417 MOFUCKA JUST GOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

HAHAHAH LIKE NIGGA JUST LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN HAHAHAH NIGGA
>>
>>85622568
What were the most well-padded varieties of fridges available in that era?
>>
>>85622606
No idea, but why would a fridge be padded to protect a human inside?

I mean, I get that it being lead-lined may protect from radiation and that that film choose inform the audience this, doesn't really explain how someone managed to survive being smashed about in a metal box though.
>>
Look.
It's stupid on multiple levels. It has dozens of points of failure, not one.
- The acceleration would have killed him, one hundred percent
- The fridge would have blown to pieces in the blast
- The landing would have killed him
- He wouldn't have been able to open the fridge from the inside, the all locked back then which is why kids died in them
>>
>>85622516

An unnamed 'new york times journalist' stated that George Lucas told him it was his idea

Yeah, great fucking source...

On the other hand we have Spielberg admitting it was his idea in an actual INTERVIEW, where he lambasts George for other things.
>>
>>85622816
no one is arguing it isn't stupid and only autists care that it's stupid - the other 3 films had equally unbelieveable stupid shit bits in it but looked past it because the films were good.

Crystall skull is an awful film, muh fridge muh realism isn't one of them.
>>
>>85620137
Cate being hot AF.
>>
>>85619501
>>85619995
He'd be a jumble of broken parts from the physical shaking it takes.
>>
>>85622891
Seriously, you need to kill yourself immediately.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazine/george-lucas-red-tails.html
>>
>>85623048

That's obviously Lucas protecting Spielberg you dope
>>
>>85623297
>spielberg saying people blamed lucas but it was my idea is spielberg owning up
>lucas, the screenwriter, saying nah thats spielberg trying to protect me - I wrote the script is actually Lucas protecting Spielberg

You are a bit retarded ain't ya anon
>>
>>85619805
Yes, too far in few places
>>
>>85623367

You are taking this just a little bit too seriously friendo
>>
>>85620713
The nuclear blast was not from a magic bomb.
Is amazing how you completely miss the point.
>>
>>85623519
>I'm wrong so I'll accuse the other person of taking the agrument too far xD

you're still wrong
>>
>/tv/ so contrarian we're complaining about the immutable laws of physics
>>
>>85623519
He wasn't even the person that was arguing with you previously, I am, and you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>85623775
I'm the new anon that popped in to back up this anon and he's right. I'm another person.

>>85623519
you're still retarded and wrong
>>
>>85619805
It's kinda plausible though. The scene where Shia swings from the vines with the chimps is less believable (mainly because the effect looks like trash). For a movie about ancient aliens, I think the nuke fridge thing is fine. If you were extremely lucky (and drank from the holy grail beforehand), you'd probably come out fine.
>>
>>85619995
>Google will only give you a bunch of clickbait SEO sites and I'm giving you true information.
kekd
>>
Why do you consider Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull to be awful, anons?
>>
>>85624419
Shia
>>
File: 1431692313361.jpg (72KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1431692313361.jpg
72KB, 550x550px
>>85621882
>>
>swn control your mind and make you her pusyslave
jdimsa
>>
>>85624419
aliens
>>
>>85624419
Ayy lmaos. Shit CGI. Shit Characters. Boring plot.

I liked the religious themes in the originals, they were used well.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.