[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post movies we don't "get" and other anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

ITT: We post movies we don't "get" and other anons attempt to explain them. Pic related
>>
>>85619239
Is Master and Commander good?

My wife saw it and said it was shit. I have yet to see it.

Is it true women don't get it?
>>
>>85619292
I'm a woman and I enjoyed it. it's a good movie, just really slow and not at all about action or melodrama. it's about brotherhood and holding on to hope in the face of hopelessness

I know the meme is "films women will never understand" but I think with Master you must have had a sibling or close friends that suffered through some shit with you at some point in your life for it to really click. without that, a lot of the fundamental themes in the movie would go over your head
>>
File: v1.jpg (25KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
25KB, 206x305px
But then again I'm not white and I watched it before I started puberty
>>
>>85619292
>Is it true women don't get it?
yes
>>85619515
>I know the meme is "films women will never understand" but I think with Master you must have had a sibling or close friends that suffered through some shit with you at some point in your life for it to really click.
you didn't get it
>>
>>85619292
>My wife
>>
>>85619239
My wife and I watched this on a sail yacht together and it was excellent. She definitely got the film.
>>
>>85619239
What's there to "get"?
It's a pretty straightforward movie about a british captain pushing his ship and crew to their limits in pursuit of a french ship during the napoleonic wars. There is nothing "2deep4u" about it, maybe some general themes of brotherhood and honor, but that's all pretty clear and in no way abstracty presented.
>>
>>85619292
It's good, great character development. The "women don't get it" is a meme.
>>
>>85619515
>"I am a women who has never suffered any real obstacles in life so I need to see pain in others to get a close experience"
the memes prove themselves right once again
>>
>>85619845
Watching a movie on a boat at night sounds comfy af
>>
>>85619961
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.