[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he just bring his family to work with him? >gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Rogue-One-Mads-Mikkelsen.jpg (38KB, 744x353px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue-One-Mads-Mikkelsen.jpg
38KB, 744x353px
Why didn't he just bring his family to work with him?

>gets wife killed
>puts daughter into hiding
>still goes anyway
>>
>>85589502
Because the script demanded "dramatic backstory".
>>
None of it made much sense.

Apparently he was also extremely tight with Black Guevarra but not tight enough to hide from imperials?!

And they also gave him an important position of power and even trusted him after Animal Kingdom killed his wife in front of him.

I mean the entire thing could've been far less contrived and bizarrely plotted.

They could've just had Bugs be a random rebel girl infiltrator with her crew of rebel top men and they get shit done but it turns later on in a twist her dad is the head imperial scientist but in a double twist it turns he's a good guy.
The plot literally writes itself there, no need for these confusingly inept character motions.
>>
>>85589502
>I will only do it if you bring my family
>Okay
>>
The writing was awful. An entire movie was based around a single sentence. I don't blame the writers, it was hard to do when corporate comes in and tells you to do to write an entire story based on one line. At least they had Star Wars as a basis to work from.

Rouge one didn't need to exist, just as the prequels didn't need to exist. That is the biggest problem with Star Wars as a whole. Too much goes into explaining things that don't fucking matter.

Did we really need three movies to explain what happened to Darth Vader? No. Was Darth Vader's mystique ruined by three movies explaining that he was an angsty teen? Most likely. Did we really need a colorful diverse cast to steal the death star plans? no.

Personally, I hate any sci-fi prequel that is made years after the original running. Take Star Trek for example. TOS and the new movies are supposedly taking place at the same time yet the movies look so much more advanced. While Enterprise wasn't the best, at least they fucking tried making it feel like it took place in "the past." The new movies, and Discovery, look like they surpass TGN, DS9, and VOY, despite all three being in the future. Even the time federation from a couple hundred years later pales in comparison to to the new movies.
>>
Why did they park their spacecraft like 4 miles away from his house
>>
>>85589502
I think you guys are mistaking the character making shitty choices with the writers making shitty choices. The guy was clearly conflicted and didn't know how to handle the situation which resulted in his family being torn apart. This is what's known as a "tragedy".

Clearly he intended to either leave and have his wife and daugther both get rescued by Black space man. Or he was hoping the Empire would let him go.

In fact, if any character acted foolishly in this scene it was his wife.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.