[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this movie fucking terrible like the latest 'Zilla was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: movieposter.jpg (24KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
24KB, 279x402px
Is this movie fucking terrible like the latest 'Zilla was?

I need quality kino to watch (legally, I am not a poorfag) tonight. Dont make me regret my rental.
>>
this board fucking sucks balls
>>
File: 2017-06-24_20-26-49.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-24_20-26-49.png
1MB, 1360x768px
It's better than the latest Zilla, has a sense of adventure and a couple of alright human characters. Dialogues can be pretty bad at times, but I enjoyed the time I spent with it at my local small cinema.
>>
It's pretty good. Nothing to write home about but some of the ideas and executions are really well done.

Also there are some quality kills.
>>
I enjoyed it
>>
>>85578306
Music was good, over filming was good, story was meh. It's like transformer watch it for the fun
>>
It was decent, don't really expect anything special just CGI monster fights and cheesy dialogue.
>>
File: cf7.gif (951KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cf7.gif
951KB, 500x375px
>>85578306
I liked it.

It was nice to have a King Kong movie that wasn't another rehash of the original where he's taken to New York City and runs amok. It felt completely unique from all other Kong movies.
>>
>>85578929
stop lying, g14 is better than this shit
>>
It's decent.
>>
File: 1497337596581.jpg (259KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
1497337596581.jpg
259KB, 1280x974px
Shin Godzilla is one of the best movies of this decade.
You must be american..
>>
It's "turn your brain off bro" kino. There's some really cool shit but it's not going to have much depth. Kong is in it from like the twenty minute mark and on.

I really liked Jackson, Goodman, and Reilly's performances but Larson and Hiddleston were just there.
>>
I liked it, a lot. Like stated before, not much depth. But if you like big monsters fucking each other up, then the lack of depth will go somewhat unnoticed. Some of the plot points feel randomly sprinkled throughout the movie which is meh. Decent characters and decent dialogue filler in between huge action sequences. Also another pro about this movie is the atmosphere/atheistic. A lot of flat colors that are used as set ups for the bright bold colorful shots, I found the movie to be very visually pleasing.
>>
File: jordan vorgt-robertstein.jpg (951KB, 1915x1071px) Image search: [Google]
jordan vorgt-robertstein.jpg
951KB, 1915x1071px
>>85578306
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Story, acting, music, and action felt like they were directed by a mentally handicapped Jew. If you are brain damaged and need something to stare at for two hours, you still shouldn't watch this and just go lay in the street.
>>
File: heh.gif (2MB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
2MB, 500x309px
Did he make a good job?
>>
>>85578306
Easily best kong film
>>
If it's a sequel to that other Kong movie, wouldn't they know that monsters lived on the island
>>
>>85581768
How much is that really saying tho?
>>
>>85581912
why do you exist?
just get out fuk
>>
>>85579519
hes not talking about shin you sperging autist, he is talking about the 2000s american godzilla movie
>>
It's trash, but it knows it's trash and has fun with it.
The last zilla thought it was good and tried to be serious, so it was shit.
>>
>>85578306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM

it's pretty fucking bad. a hair better than zilla 2014 cuz kong actually shows up in the movie
>>
>>85578306
Wasn't great, but it seems like it was made in response to Godzilla's general audience reaction, so you might like it.

People didn't like that Godzilla wasn't shown on screen very much, and there wasn't much humor, so Kong does a 180 on both those things, it shows Kong all the time and includes tons of Marvel-style quipping.
>>
>>85579522
>Larson and Hiddleston were just there.

Yeah they were the worst part of the movie, I like the actors but they just phoned in their roles and didn't really have any emotional depth to their characters. John C Reilly was pretty funny though.
>>
>>85578306
uma delicia
>>
>>85578306
It's Apocalypse Now with giant monsters. Take that as you will.
>>
>>85582253
But the dialogue was so LUCY in this film it was unbearable. Kong still didn't have enough screen time, and never did it feel like a kaiju film.
>>
File: 1477620586659.jpg (41KB, 1024x470px) Image search: [Google]
1477620586659.jpg
41KB, 1024x470px
Dont expect a wonder of modern cinema but it is a really fun movie, watch it if you liked the 2 new Zilla movies, Pacific Rim and things like that. I recommend it.
>>
>>85578306
The main character dies at the end, and Kong dies too
>>
>>85578306
The idea of a massive ape is retarded in the first place. It's not as if the source material was so delicate and finely crafted that it needs surgically majestic minds to portray it on screen.
I enjoyed the movie and think it served it's purpose very well. A trashy big budget cum stain that'll dry up and scrubbed from the memory.
Just as a a gigantic ape film should be.
>>
>>85578306

If you hated Godzilla (like I did), you will hate this movie. Unlike Godzilla, I had no expectations for this movie so the disappointment wasn't as bad as Godzilla.

The movie trailer made it seem like it would be a monster movie + Apocalypse Now. It was mostly comedy and boring.
>>
>>85578306
I don't expect depth but has not true tension, it shows half of the stuff too soon, and does not build up enough the rest.
Also the world-building is clunky.

Cannot recommend.
>>
I liked Godzilla and didn't care for the kong movie.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.