[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was /tv/'s verdict on this film? Personally I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: C2u1YvXm.jpg (42KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
C2u1YvXm.jpg
42KB, 750x750px
What was /tv/'s verdict on this film?

Personally I think it was a good movie but massively overhyped. critics kept saying "wow turn the horror genre on its head" but all I saw was a decent movie with a great soundtrack. Is there somethnig I'm missing?
>>
>>85569522

I liked it tbqh. There are little things which reward a repeat view or two.
>>
>>85569522
It's good.

Not great, but faggots like to take a lot of it's more symbolic/metaphorical elements literally as an excuse to nitpick it like crazy and call it shit. The inane "HURR WHY COULDN'T SHE JUST FLY AWAY TO ANOTHER COUNTRY CHECK MATE" or "THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST TRAPPED AND KILLED IT" nonsense is pretty annoying, and completely missing the point of the movie.

It's a pleb filter to mouthbreathing brainlets.
>>
>>85569522

Good movie
Great camerawork and concept, quite tense

Monster makes no fucking sense when you think for a minute about how you could easily eliminate it from your life forever or even capture it

I think it started all this 80's neo retro wave that has since grown into a full blown cancer like Stranger Things
>>
>>85569793
Examples?
>>
>>85569522
A good horror movie. The fact that such a thing is a rarity nowadays means people sucked its cock far too much.
>>
>>85570060
nigga what
horror movies are having a renaissance of sorts. Every couple of months there's a worthwhile horror movie now
>>
>>85569522
I loved it when it came out, now it's popular so I think it's pleb shit.
>>
>>85569955

It is not clear, on a first screening, exactly who the nude woman is that the heroine sees for the first time.

Upon paying attention, and watching a second time, it becomes clear that the nude woman is the boyfriend's mother. This is made clear by the position of her name in the ending credits, as well as by the heroine's being taken aback when opening the door, upon tracking the boyfriend down - she's seen 'this woman' before, but in a very different context. It's easy to miss the significance of this on a first go-around - exactly because the nude woman is never shown in close-up.

Further, the figure which emerges from the side of the beach house is also not shown in close up, but appears to have the guise of the first victim. There is also a bit of room for discussion about the beta "lemme smash" male friend and the weird little neighbor kid - physically they're similar, and the creature which busts into the beach house looks like it could represent either one of them (though apparently it's supposed to be the beta friend).
>>
File: 1493468231935.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1493468231935.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>85570139
You better back that shit up with factual proof.
>>
>>85570139
There's tons of horror movies but most of them are complete shit. It's mostly just rehashes of "creepy Asian women and children haunt white girl" or "American family moves into new home and gets more than they bargained for". This was actually a pretty solid original idea that was well executed. I mean it's not perfect, but it's a good movie.
>>
>>85569522
garbage
>>
>>85570194
not saying I liked them all, but

babadook was a movie about depression disguised as horror
don't breathe
conjouring 2
get out
it comes at night

all of them are at least good movies, even conjouring which is more of a regular kind of horror
>>
>>85569522
Good movie, but the soundtrack's overrated as hell, and the use of music in the movie was at times distracting and obnoxious and actually made some tense scenes less scary or not scary at all. I liked it though. But I'm a sucker for the 80s revival shit.
>>
File: 1492610104016.jpg (35KB, 488x432px) Image search: [Google]
1492610104016.jpg
35KB, 488x432px
>>85570467
Only one of those was a good movie, and one of them's not even a horror movie.
>>
>>85570534
whatever you say, pal
>>
>>85569522
it's a meme movie that was taylor made for reddit
>>
>>85570467
Actually I did really enjoy Babadook and Don't Breathe. You may be onto something. Perhaps 'renaissance' is too strong a term though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.