[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4 yRRTgcE8 Is there a mor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: boyoyoing.jpg (246KB, 1700x947px) Image search: [Google]
boyoyoing.jpg
246KB, 1700x947px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH4yRRTgcE8

Is there a more patrician SNL sketch?
>>
how the fuck was that funny in any capacity
>>
>>85556793
All the jokes may have gone over your puny white head. It's okay
>>
>>85556845
feel free to explain them, burden of proof mate
>>
I used to be confused why SNL was so hit or miss. Then I listened to the WTF Maron episode with Lorne Michaels. He said they try to have a broad variety of comedy styles (highbrow, lowbrow, physical, satire, etc). It was then I understood that Lorne was an old man who should be retired and not running all of NBC's comedies
>>
>>85556703
Poor bitch, trapped on SNL forever by her inability to play anything but smug lesbians.
>>
>>85557168
It was always dreadful. The cast mythologize it, Michaels mythologizes it, but it's basically a bad idea for a show, an idea which guarantees that anything that happens on it is executed badly. The live element is a way of encouraging indulgence in the audience. As everyone who's ever appeared on it wants to go into movies, it would be a bad benchmark for live comedy anyway, as it implies that live comedy is a lesser form, and exists only to afford opportunities to audition for other media. But what makes it really suck is the way it normalizes mediocrity by making every performer and writer take part in an exhausted last-minute rush that won't improve the material - something Larry David and a few others rightly rejected - wasting energy and time on a process of throwing shit at the wall on which the final arbiter is an ancient square.

Get this - Lorne Michaels only found out that it was a bad idea to have *Milton Berle* as a host by actually having him host it.
>>
>>85557316
Damn it you guys, I'm over here enjoying this silly sketch, and you guys are shitting all over it.
>>
File: 1491329150469.jpg (35KB, 370x388px) Image search: [Google]
1491329150469.jpg
35KB, 370x388px
>be English
>watch SNL

I have no understanding of how this show is so well respected. It is on the level of youtube "comedians" posting LADY GAGA BAD ROMANCE (PARODY) videos. How is it still going? Why do people like it?
>>
>>85557410
It's a schedule filler, like The Price is Right, people think they might see the next Murray/Ferrell/whoever, and because of the self-mythologizing noted above.
>>
>>85556793
Do you not hate the french?
>>
>>85557410
It's fodder for normies. No self respecting human actually watch this
>>
>>85557656
No, and I don't imagine anyone in 2017 who doesn't get their culture from fucking network television does either.
>>
>>85557733
Actually you are right. In fact most people hate Germans more and the entire Joke would actually work better if they were Germans.
>>
>>85557770
You capitalized the word "joke" in the middle of a sentence, Cletus.

In 2017, a bunch of apparently progressive Americans are doing foreign stereotype material on national television. From every angle, that fact is pathetic.
>>
>>85557834
Sorry Hans but you are the most hated right now and you are famous for being soulless humorless robots.
>>
>>85558027
I'm not German, I'm just not futile either.
>>
>>85558049
I am not saying it would be amazing. But it would be better. I don't think this sketch really is salvageable.
>>
>>85557410
It's aimed at middle America. Aka pleb normies.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.