[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"People always told me, 'Oh you gotta watch Bill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 300
Thread images: 17

File: norm_macdonald.jpg (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
norm_macdonald.jpg
136KB, 800x600px
>"People always told me, 'Oh you gotta watch Bill Hicks'. So I go to see on the youtube...2 hours, I don't laugh." - Norm MacDonald

So who is in the wrong here?
>>
Bill Hicks is a hack praised by 15 year olds who just started smoking weed
>>
>>85552617
fpbp

Hicks was an unoriginal douche who thought he had figured everything out because he tripped on mushrooms.
>>
>>85552569
Bill Hicks wasn't even funny. In fact if he was alive today he be like Stefan Molyneoux a nu-philisopher.
>>
>>85552649
This.
hallucinogens tend to make narcissists worse than usual.
>>
>>85552662
Did he REALLY not know who Bill Hicks was before youtube or just didn't care?
>>
To be fair, I find it incredibly hard to laugh at Norm too. I just don't get it, is it one of those "American humor" things where he isn't funny so that's supposed to be funny? Anyone who isn't British really shouldn't even attempt high-brow comedy, you lads clearly don't understand even the basics.
>>
>>85552569
literally who is this
>>
Bill Hicks was never funny. Just some ranting lunatic who appealed to edgy kids that are pissed Denis Leary is still alive.
>>
>>85552569
I'm not a fan of Bill Hicks. I really tried but he just didn't seem as original as his fanbase claims.

Doug Stanhope is best comic. I really dislike when people compare him to Hicks.
>>
>>85552824
>le funny walk is considered high brow comedy in """"""""Great"""""""""" Britain
>>
>>85552824
>Not understanding Norm MacDonald.
That's sad, insanely sad.
>>
Norm is the cream of the crop, the best of the best.
>>
>>85552824
He's canadian.
>>
>>85552824
God I fucking hate britfags
>>
>>85552617
Holy fucking shit based comment.

You're right.
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (47KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
47KB, 625x626px
>>85552824
>>
Bill Hicks got a resurgence of popularity 15 years ago when people realized all his political shit against Bush and Clinton still worked with Dubya.
>>
>>85552887
>sketch shows are high-brow comedy now
Maybe in America, where every kid thinks SNL was great up until they hit 15.

>>85552893
What is there to "get"? He makes unfunny jokes, and his timing is all over the place. I don't have some irrational hatred of American comedy, but you guys really haven't got a clue about stand-up.
>>
>>85552824
please stop posting
>>
>>85552991
Canadian
>>
>>85552824
Let me guess you are eurofag right? I've never seen anyone outside of yurofags whine about american comedians.
>>
File: halflife 3 confirmed.png (292KB, 752x400px) Image search: [Google]
halflife 3 confirmed.png
292KB, 752x400px
>>85552569
he is for not liking alex jones early work
>>
Reminder that Carlin is also not funny
>>
>>85552824
>american humor
He's a 'FUCKING LEAF' who hates canada.
>>
File: le water filter sales man.png (733KB, 648x900px) Image search: [Google]
le water filter sales man.png
733KB, 648x900px
>>85553043
for reference some of bill hicks more recent work
>>
>>85553046
Carlin had jokes. Hicks came off as preachy.

Carlon was preachy too but he wasn't just preachinh in a funny way. He always had somewhere funny he was going with it. Plus he put out alot of material. One of the og observational comics as well. You can't just lump carlin into one basket.
>>
>>85552569
No one. You can still like Hicks and respect Norm's opinion of him.
>>
>>85553124
Of course he came off as preachy, he stole his shtick from Sam Kinison who was a former preacher.
>>
>>85552870
Edgy kids of 80s and 90s are still so much preferable to the tranny sensitive effeminate snowflakes we have today.
>>
File: Richard_Jeni.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Jeni.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
Actual good comedians?
>>
>>85553241
>literally bombed so hard he killed himself

nigga pls
>>
>>85553241
There's nothing funnier than blowing your brains out.
>>
Bill Hicks was a hack
>>
>>85553214
What is Kinison's appeal?
>>
>>85553314
He shout loud and it funny.
>>
>>85552824
Kill all Brits. Worst Euro country.
>>
>>85553314
His act doesn't hold up either, the late 80s early 90s was the attitude era of comedy. Andrew Dice Clay is another one that got by on sheer attitude only to eventually break down crying like a little bitch on the Arsenio Hall show.
>>
>>85552569
Hicks a cunt, but Norm is wrong on being a racist.
>>
>>85552824
I bet you would laugh if he told the exact same jokes while wearing a dress.
>>
File: 6504504.gif (950KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
6504504.gif
950KB, 500x280px
>tfw feel when I find Hick and Norm funny
>>
>>85552569
Some comedy has a shelf life
Hicks has been copied so much since his death his shelf life expired.

the guy was a huge talent though, had a brilliant stage presence and did pissed off and angry better than anyone.

did pissed off and angry better than anyone
>>
>>85553342
im not british but if the UK and the EU were to suddenly declare war and invade eachother with everything they had, the UK wins 9 times out of 10
>>
bill hicks non-political/dudeweed stuff was good
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (71KB, 1390x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
71KB, 1390x1080px
>>85553241
>>
wait I thought bill hicks was the bulldog/black wife guy who got hates his life now guy? Who am I thinking of?
>>
>>85554154
yourself
>>
>>85552569
Bill. It baffles me how he became a successful comedian.
>>
>>85552824

I got a joke for you

>a muslim walks into a school, rapes a bunch of kids and gets away without even a slap on his hand

The joke is britain
>>
I've see Norm on TV before, and I wasn't really feeling it. Can someone recommend me his best material please.
>>
>>85552824
"british comedy is 50 years behind ours, we understand irony, they don't understand it how we do, they think irony is sarcasm. They'll say things like oh really you did this and now say this ahuh-ha. Thats not irony to us - we don't think that it(sarcasm) should constitute your ENTIRE HOUR on stage." - patrice o neal.
>>
>>85552569
>So who is in the wrong here?

You for caring what Norm thinks.
>>
>>85552662

If he was alive today he'd sound like Alex Jones because he is alive today and he's Alex Jones.
>>
>>85554346
Saget roast
>>
>>85552569
Unfunny people talking about unfunny people.
>>
>>85553428
>the late 80s early 90s was the attitude era of comedy.

The beginning of the shock shtick.
But really, at the time though you could put literally anyone on stage and they would sell out. The stand up comedy bubble back then was fucking hufe.
>>
Heh all those mad burgers ITT
>>
>>85553811
>Golly gee I swear by thee I'm not under her majesty's rule
>Brittania rules the waves
Meanwhile in reality britbongs have an army arguably shittier than Frances.
>>
>>85554543
is this irony?
>>
what's so funny about bill hicks anyway
>>
>>85552824
Norm is only really funny if you buy into his act of playing of the fool. The act worked a lot better when he was younger though
>>
>>85554346
>I've see Norm on TV before, and I wasn't really feeling it. Can someone recommend me his best material please.

Norm Macdonald: Me Doing Standup (2011)
Norm Macdonald Live Stand Up At the Improv 2016
>>
>>85554837
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>85552991
any list of the best standup comedians, by literally any critic, of any sensibility, would be overwhelmingly american. there really aren't even that many great british standups.
>>
>>85552617
Agreed.
>>
>>85552569
Bill.
>>
Norm is clearly being contrarian, like he always does to get a rise out of people. However he does a good bit about "Important comics saying important things" in one of his podcast episodes which is spot on- Hicks was a pretty decent comic (not spectacular) but him trying to shoe-horn is hacky political opinions or philosophies was just awful, especially when you watch it and aren't a teenager
>>
I thought Bill Hicks was hilarious when i first watched him in around 2010.
Recently rewatched him and didn't laugh once.
I'm not sure what changed.
>>
>>85552736
Obviously he just ddin't care. Why would you think he hadn't heard of him?

>>85552824
Odd, I'm British and I'm suprised you can't see how influenced Norm is by British comedy he saw growing up in Canada. His whole way of seeming to enjoy his own malice seems very reminscent of Peter Cook to me.
>>
>>85555100
As a briton I agree with this, Our funniest people weren't ever really stand up comics. I think the UK has produced some of the best comic minds (Peter Cook, Spike Milligan, The Pythons, Peter Ustinov) but very rarely a phenomenal stand up (you could argue for Stewart Lee but his appeal is very limited, you could argue for Bob Monkhouse but 'joke comics' are not really appreciated these days)
>>
>>85556244
No he's not, Hicks was trash. You've just said yourself that Hicks was "not spectacular", why would saying that he's not funny be "contrarian"? Why do people like you think that "contrarian" means "evincing independent thought"?
>>
>>85556311
Well because to say that he was outright not funny, which the quote essentially does, is clearly not true and I don't think that's Norm's opinion. But he's stretching it to annoy Hicks fans because that's the sort of thing he loves to do.

You can be not spectacular and still be funny (see Emo Philips)
>>
>>85556297
>appeal
Why is this important? What matters is artistry. America's shit stand-ups massively outnumber and outearn their decent ones.

Also, Peter Ustinov wasn't a comic mind in the way the others were, he was an actor/writer/director who told stories well and could do funny stuff if asked.
>>
>>85556393
Emo Philips is absolutely unbearable
>>
>>85556393
You seem not to understand what a sense of humor is. I can quite believe that he didn't find Hicks at all funny.
>>
gilbert godfried is literally god
hence his name
he is both christian bales in the prestige
that is how on point he is
>>
>>85556515
that's not his name
>>
>>85556515
His real voice is funny...
>>
>>85552824
British Office god tier American Office A SHIT , burn in hell Trumpmericans
>>
Bill Hicks was the greatest comedian of all time, and if you disagree you're probably just dumb.
>>
Hicks ended his famous special with a rant about how America should take all military funding and feed the world. An opinion echoed by Silverman towards the Vatican.

The problem of the former suggestion by Hicks is that a country that diverges all defence funds to feeding other citizens from other countries renders the American territory and protected territories vulnerable to attacks from any number of enemies.

What he was essentially advocating was for the temporary feeding of Africans so that America, Japan, Phillipines, etc could be vulnerable.

See there's this really low level thinking that some people have that there's a magic pill solution to poverty, but they're either trying to cause more poverty and death or they're just completey out of their depth by offering political economic military strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vumnu0Ok8sI
>>
>>85556704
No, he was a toilet.
>>
>>85556804
It's incredible to me that most "credible" American stand-ups do about twenty to thirty minutes of pure adolescent political ranting per set. I mean, Margaret Cho still gets applause for saying that gay people have rights to her audience of mostly gay people. It's so odd, are Americans really that stupid?
>>
supposing they keep to one what schedule is it? Does a new episode come on a particular day?
>>
>>85556841
They're just preachers preaching to their choirs. There's no real difference between the priest and the rabbi pontificating to people who already agree with them. The comedian like the preacher gets paid by the audience because they think he'll become destitute without their donations, never minding he owns multiple homes.

And what's with lefties always being obsessed with exploring space? It's such a common trope, it's got the consensus of reddit by far. Like are they hoping to meet and build friendships with aliens?
>>
Real comedian coming through. No agenda, no narrative, just comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmWE72PR44
>>
>>85556807
Dum Dum.
>>
>>85552569
Hicks is so in the wrong that he's been dead for over twenty years
>>
>>85552824
I've never understood how the country responsible for the Carry On films could have such a superiority complex when it comes to comedy.
>>
>>85552991
>I don't understand and enjoy one comedian who isn't even American, God you fucking Americans are all fucking imbeciles. I am a genius just for being British, even though I am presently arguing my lack of understanding and my limited sense of humor.
>>
>>85554543
I'm a massive racist and I really miss Patrice, that's how good he was.
>>
>>85556925
>space
It's just another fantastical pipe dream made up to claim that normal life is an insult and that you've been robbed of some magical destiny by whoever seems to be bothering you at the moment.
>>
>>85552824
How dare you! He's a brilliant and deadpan humorist with a flair for the off-beat and the absurd. In short, Norm Macdonald is a living legend. Be sure to pick up a copy of his book, Based on a True Story: A Memoir, available wherever books are sold!
>>
>>85554140
Hahaha, alsjeblieft zeg. Die gast is de minst grappige nederlandse cabaretier ooit
>>
>>85556273
You grew up. Now you're probably sophisticated enough to appreciate the comedic genius of BANE? and WE WUZ KANGS N SHEEEIT
>>
>>85552824
>le comics comic
>>
I don't think I've ever really been satisfied with a stand up comedy performance. Often I'll laugh here and there but in general it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>85553342
>Burger hates the only white country in the world

Why amI not surprised.
>>
>>85559030

if you watch standup sober you're doing it wrong
>>
>>85559249
bit degenerate
>>
>>85552985
When people realized he was Alex Jones*
>>
>>85553046
Carlin gets less funny as you grow older.
>>
>>85552649
People hate on Hicks I don't get it he was awesome. The hack is that one stoner comic Doug Benson, now thats a hack!
>>
>>85552569
Bill Hicks is like George Carlin: A very high ratio of political soapboxing to actual comedy
He did get pretty funny once he entered his Alex Jones period though
>>
>>85552899
kek
>>
>>85558900
>le comics comic

My thoughts exactly. In a just world, Norm probably would have never gotten attention outside of small clubs where people stare at him confusedly while he reads the paper or guts a fish onstage or some stupid other experimental Bobcat Goldthwait shit while one actual comedian who came to the show is fucking dying in the background shouting about how the plebs don't GET his comedy, maaaaan.

But, nope, somehow Norm is a household name even though I really fucking enjoyed Dirty Work, so what do I know?
>>
I saw Bill Hicks live, he was great, but comedy shifts. Look at Charlie Chaplin. I could probably watch his entire output without cracking a smile but he had audiences at the time begging for more.
>>
>>85562886
Norm can make a room laugh. Just because he earns a ton of extra good faith from the audience due to having the approval of his professional peers doesn't invalidate the results.
>>
>>85554346
I've seen him live. His standup honestly isn't that great for the most part. He's at his best when he's on Conan, or his podcast episodes where he doesn't have any history with the guest (when he does know/respect them, they just spend an hour fellating themselves with boring stories).
>>
>>85552569
le depressed old man routine
>>
>>85563006
chaplin was a hack, keaton still brings down the house
>>
>>85552824
lmao at all the ameriturds getting flabbergasted at this post
>>
>>85552885
Same
>>
They posted a clip from the Seinfeld episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoSGPQ80Vc
>>
>>85552824
>smell my cheese!
>>
>>85552885
Hicks sucks because he didn't even attempt to tell jokes. it was all just psuedo-philosophy and bitching. Stanhope sucks because his jokes are shit
>>
>>85566827
>this is me pretending to be raped by the devil for ten minutes
It's because someone tried to sell me something
>>
>>85553046
Carlin was legitimately clever in his early years with his use of language and his observations but yeah he was never funny and his grumpy, arrogant old man shtick was unbearable.
>>
>>85566856
>GOATBOY!
I honestly think he would be embarassed about his routine if he were still alive
>>
>>85563006
No, Chaplin is still hilarious, and I'm younger than you. Hicks, on the other hand, is Brian Griffin: The Stand-Up.
>>
>>85556925
It's true.

The space thing is pathetic.
>somewhere in the universe there must be someone I wouldn't alienate
lol no, wrap the rope around your neck
>>
>>85565119
Is the joke that a Jew would never say business is going great 'cause they're greedy misers that always complain?
>>
>>85567158
Kinda. The joke is that a Jew would never say business is going great 'cause they're greedy misers that always complain, and a gentile would never think of that.
>>
>>85567200
Well, I'm a gentile, and I apparently got it. Then again, my stepdad is a classic jew so I have know just how true the stereotypes are.
>>
he had about 30 minutes of very good material. more than most stand-ups manage in a lifetime.

still, it is pretty cringeworthy now. and very funny that he died broke at 33 from cancer while denis leary is still fit as a butcher's dog and worth $25m.
>>
>>85552569
"I am a goat boy, I want to eat a 14 year olds butthole"

So funy
>>
>>85566856
And of course, being against commercial work is easy when you have no public profile that would make advertising companies want to approach you.

I heard he had either filmed or accepted an offer to film a commercial before he died.

It's also easy to be uncompromising in your material when you know you're terminally ill.
>>
>>85552887
Ironically enough, Norm loves Monty Python, he says so multiple times on Stephen Merchant podcast.
>>
>>85567290
Indeed. Like I said earlier, Norm is very influenced by British comedy he saw growing up in Canada. His whole air of buzzing amused contempt is pure Peter Cook.
>>
>>85556942
this is fucking trash
>>
>>85566856
>you're all a bunch of retards falling for marketing gimmicks!
>*inhales a pack of cigarettes in a single set*
the guy was such a fucking dipshit. I swear if I didn't know any better I'd say he was parodying preachy self-righteous hipster comedians but that's not really possible since he was among the first
>>
>>85552824
You're correct. Norm McDonald is a low brow C class comedian. None of his shows have ever panned out and he always gets cancelled. Only movies he was in were Adam Sandler-tier flicks. 4chan is the only place that likes him, and thats because of his political views
>>
>>85552617
You couldn't be any less correct
>>
Who are the best stand-up comics performing today?

Is stand-up dead as a medium for humor?
>>
>>85567712
it's always been dead
>>
>>85552617

100% true. Bill Hicks fans are insufferable pieces of shit
>>
>>85556273
You've become a memester.
>>
>>85567712
yes, pretty much all stand up sucks. even normie boy is only really funny when he's fucking with people
>>
>>85567781
george carlin was never funny, he was philosophical, but never funny
>>
>>85556244
It's pretty clear when Norm is being serious and when he's just trying to get a rise out of people. He's talked about Hicks negatively more than once, he shares a similar disdain for Maher and as you said he pokes fun at comedians who take themselves seriously and try to be "important"

I think it's fair to say that he genuinely dislikes Hicks
>>
>>85568041
only a bumbling idiot would laugh at him
>>
>>85552728
banned
>>
>>85568186
Get out of here Mr.Bungle.
>>
https://youtu.be/Vn-vyWkc6w4?t=35m26s

Can't wait for the Bobby Lee episode. That's a very Norm-like technique..."now don't laugh at this next part..."
>>
Does /tv/ have an approved comedian list? Mine would be something like:

>Bill Burr
>Dave Attell
>Hannibal Buress
>Dave Chapelle
>Greg Giraldo
>Jimmy Carr
>Todd Barry
>Mitch Fatel (underrated IMO)
>Mitch Hedberg
>Patrice O'Neal
>Anthony Jeselnik (gets old quickly)

I am probably missing a bunch of people that I also like but these were some that came to mind quickly.
>>
>>85568786
that's reddit
>>
>>85568786
>Bill Burr

stopped reading.
>>
>>85568786
>Bill Burr
>Hannibal Buress
>Jimmy Carr
>Mitch Hedberg
UPVOTED FRIEND!
TAKE REDDIT GOLD!
>>
>>85567702
Well, he's 99% correct, but he's wrong in it being 15-year-olds when it's actually 14-year-olds.
>>
>>85568786
Bait or super reddit pleb?
>>
>>85568786
Wheres Sam Hyde?
>>
Not getting Norm is Reddit.
Thinking anyone cares that you don't get Norm is Facebook.
>>
>>85569450
shilling himself
>>
>>85568924
I genuinely can't imagine someone who was born in 2003 getting into Bill Hicks.
>>
DUDE TELLING JOKES REALLY SLOWLY WITH NO PUNCHLINE

Norm is fucking shit.
>>
A lot of people got into Bill Hicks because Tool has him on their Aenima album.
>>
>>85568848

Wow that opinion was like, so cool, man. I want to be like you.

What comedians do you like?
>>
>>85552824
>American humour

He's Canadian.

>implying your hilarity is predicated on where you're from.
>>
>>85552569
He did make clever jokes (Hicks) but I can't imagine if enjoy his material if I first watched him at my age now. When I was 16 and believed Socialism would solve the world's problems I thought he was amazing. Now he's just cringe.
>>
>>85552824
>all those delicious (you)s
Why are we so easy to trigger? This country is full of halfwits
>>
>>85552885

>Doug Stanhope
>people unironically think this autistic edgelord is funny
>>
File: hill wilson.jpg (28KB, 274x621px) Image search: [Google]
hill wilson.jpg
28KB, 274x621px
I like that Jim Jefferies or whatever that drunk cunt's name was. No opinion one way or the other on other comedians tb h.
>>
>>85554603
This.
>>
>>85553046
Carlin was funny because of his delivery, not his material.
>>
>>85570567
He's turned into a liberal fag.
>>
Hicks was an unfunny George Carlin
>>
>>85552569
I assume Hicks was really edgy or something at that point in time. He's not funny in the slightest, so people must have liked him for his political commentary instead. You can even tell when you watch one of his shows from the 90s that the audience spend a lot more time clapping than they do actually laughing. A stand up comedian harshly criticising right-wing politics is the furthest thing from original today, but maybe it was fresh back then, it's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>85552569
>the youtube
Cringe
>>
Are shaggy dog jokes the true pro comedian filter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6QzDrT_x8
>>
>>85569450
creating threads about himself every few days?
>>
>>85552569
Ask a Bill Hicks fan to show you single funny bit from him. They don't even try. That should tell you all you need to know about him
>>
>>85572519
The only joke of his I really liked:

I hate the beach, man. Everyone's got tan skin, white teeth. I've got white skin, tan teeth.
>>
File: IMG_3109.jpg (51KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3109.jpg
51KB, 600x475px
>>85552824
Reading this post reminded me of the
>British *******comedy****** threads
>>
>>85553043
>filename
Kek
>>
>>85552569
Why does Norm talk like a 5 year old?
>>
>>85552569
Norm is just an attempt at being edgy, it makes sense that all the underages on /tv/ love him.
>>
>>85573483
Name a non-edgy comedian
>>
>>85567770
I take it you're a Hicks fan then.
>>
>>85556841
Margaret Cho used to do racist impressions of her own mother making sexist comments about Gays (ass master). She also did a bit about listing the correct racial slurs for different Asians (gooks vs chinks).

While comedians like Cho should be offensive to Asian homosexuals, with the addition of the inherited "victim narrative", the lowest form of self-directed race based comedians can also freely direct their racism and sexism to Christian White Males (ie Sarah Silverman).
>>
>>85573530
I see the just for laughs shit on a lot, its funny, not edgy at all.

Norm just pops up, says something shocking or edgy, /tv/ laughs because they find shocking things funny.
>>
>>85573601
Please name a single modern comedian who doesn't do edgy humor.
>>
>>85573643
90% of the comedians from just for laughs, have you not seen it? Fuck, go to hahaha . com if you want a list of comedians who do it.

There is a difference between "edgy" comedy and shock value shit. What is funny about norm? Tell me, name me one funny thing that doesn't have to rely on shock value, a legitmate joke.
>>
>>85574038
Literally all of them do edgy humor in their normal standup routinies, you're fucking stupid. Norm's humor isn't even all that edgy. Just go watch his Weekend Updates.
>>
>>85574122
I dunno, calling Michael Jackson a homosexual pedophile is pretty edgy.
>>
>What is funny about norm?
/tv/ thinks he's a Republican. That's literally the only reason they shill this bland low effort "comedian" so much.
>>
>>85574397
This. Norm is so massively overrated. His jokes suck but his autistic delivery (I'm autistic and I really think norm has assbergers) is kind of goofy that he is able to fool people into believing his lame jokes are funny. An hour of his podcast only gives me at most 30 seconds of laughter. But I don't like any standup at all. At least he doesn't joke about le sex and le drugs and other normalfag shit
>>
>>85574514
>I'm autistic
>Here are my opinions on comedy
>>
File: 1501273048219.jpg (26KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501273048219.jpg
26KB, 599x800px
>>85552649
>tfw whenever I trip I just enjoy the experience and don't change my ideals or way of life
It's pretty nice being mentally stable desu
>>
>>85552887
this comment fucking killed me
>>
>>85573312
Even John Cleese himself says the silly walk was not funny.
>>
Bill Hicks is funny about half the time and obnoxious the rest
>>
>>85552569
I am so glad I lived to see the day when /tv/ turned on Hicks, Carlin and CK
>>
>>85575307
how are you this new?
>>
>>85575347
I'm old enough to remember /tv/ licking their buttholes clean
>>
I dont get his praise for Sam Kinison.

I understand that he was diffrent, but i just find him trivial. Maybe its hindsight, because all the things Hicks and Kinison said have become mainstream.

Also, how far up your own ass do you have to be have your special end in you being assassinated.
>>
>>85576495
OH NOOOO NO CRASH JOHNSON!!!!!!!
>>
>>85574038
Norm rarely ever does "shock value" jokes.
>>
>>85574038
I always feel bad for the homeless guys dog, you know the dogs thinkin "this is the longest walk ive ever been on"

that's just one joke, but even his famous 9/11 joke that is posted here a lot doesn't rely on shock humor. it's "edgy" because obviously it's about a terrorist attack but the punchlines themselves aren't "shock"
>>
Guys, where is the Letterman Top Ten from the latest Norm MacDonald Live?
>>
>>85576926
He cut it out of respect for Letterman 'cause he saw he was only doing it because it was Norm.
>>
>>85552824
>american
>>
>>85574514
>(I'm autistic and I really think norm has assbergers)

Norm is far too socially aware to be an aspie, which you can't recognize. He just doesn't give enough fucks about what other people think and lacks ambition, which has obviously hurt his career.
>>
>>85577316
That's a possibility. The other possibility is that his assburgers is the cause of him not giving a fuck and it makes him seem like he is "socially aware." Assburgers doesn't make you slobber on the ground while spilling spaghetti. Watch when he gets interviewed how he moves around and touches his hands on his pant legs.
>>
>>85552824
>get the sweet yous from triggered americans
their comedy isnt funny, but their thin skin is
>>
>>85554346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROyeJnGU_ZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvdWJmOT6g
>>
>>85577520
>"socially aware."
Norm demonstrates awareness of other people's emotional states, and alters his own to make them laugh harder. Again, you're autistic, so your opinion on this is worthless.

>Watch when he gets interviewed how he moves around and touches his hands on his pant legs
If it's not just a fidget, he might have some form of ADD. Lots of comedians do.
>>
>>85552824
British people aren't funny though
>>
>>85567329
t. reddit

wait until there's a subreddit glorifying LE NORM i mean LE PEPITONE so you can decide he was funny all along.
>>
>>85552824
>SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

also hey guys put me in the screencap
>>
>>85556942
This is better

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Trx6imNU6-o
>>
File: Who.jpg (34KB, 698x400px) Image search: [Google]
Who.jpg
34KB, 698x400px
>>85552824
Who the fuck is Norm? Is it short for Normies?
>>
>>85552569
Bill Hicks and Carlin have never been funny to anyone other than teenage edgy atheists with a superiority complex, Norm is 100% correct
>>
>>85574514
This is somewhat true. The thing that makes Norm funny is that he's a fucking weirdo and he thinks about weird shit and says it in a weird way. He's also got that thing about him where he can really draw you in because he's smilling and trying not to laugh while telling a story/joke, so you can tell he's been thinking about it and laughing to himself already. I can't help but laugh at most of his shit.
>>
>>85579541
>Carlin

http://tech.mit.edu/V126/N38/38norminterview.html

>NM: I really can’t act, but I’m good at stand-up. My favorite comedians are Richard Pryor and George Carlin, but the one guy I like now is Bryan Regan. It’s good to have a guy of my generation that I can idolize.
>My favorite comedians are Richard Pryor and George Carlin

What's that?
>>
>>85579541
>christcucks still getting butthurts over the opinions of dead men
grow some balls ffs
>>
>>85552617

First quote best quote.

I haven't heard one thing from him that other comedians didnt do better.
>>
>>85552617
This is so true it hurts.
>>
>>85580638

But California really does need to break off and sink into the ocean.
>>
>>85581423
learn to swim
>>
>>85560153
I liked Doug Benson when I was 14 and first smoked weed.
Now I'm 22, still smoke weed but fucking hate stoners and Doug Benson.
>>
>>85559093
>England
>White country

Are you retarded or just been living under a rock?
>>
>>85552824
you must be one of them gays
>>
>>85581579
>when I was 14 and first smoked weed.
enjoy your brain damage
>>
>>85568041
You need to watch his 70s shit before he got all political
>>
>>85559093
>england
>white
come now, its like sweden saying they are the most redpilled euro country... what was about that 15 yrs old girl who got raped 2 times by pakis?
>>
>>85581798
t. brainwashed imbecile
>>
>>85552569
I hope Norm MacDonald is funny. I paid good money to see him perform tonight!
>>
>>85552617
this

probably gonna get flak for taking it one further, but him and carlin are the same tier of "omg they are so right about society and people and stuff!" comedians who make people applaud in agreement more than clap

here check it out, im gonna make this up as i go along just read it in carlins voice

so ill tell ya what, all these politicians these old guys who all wanna be the president, i tell ya what, we get a big cage, throw em all in there, and whoever comes out alive gets my vote! how bout that?!

*thunderous baby boomer applause*
>>
>>85581823
Most of his later stuff wasn't political, just him bitching about people in general.
>>
>>85558672
you joke but actually this. He learned to not take life so seriously and found the pleasure in irony and absurdism instead of edgy comedians who "have it all figured out and im gonna tell it like it is maaan"
>>
>>85553342
Nice language you're using there. What's that called again and why?
>>
>>85552824
i bet you watch peep show faggot
>>
>>85581868
>t. brainwashed imbecile

t. uninformed retard

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930618/
>teens who engage in heavy marijuana use often show disadvantages in neurocognitive performance, macrostructural and microstructural brain development, and alterations in brain functioning

>Marijuana use in adolescence could have implications for academic functioning, as well as social and occupational functioning extending into later life. Maturational brain changes, particularly myelination and synaptic pruning, are occurring throughout adolescence, well into early adulthood [2]. These remodeling processes are purportedly linked to efficient neural processing, and believed to underlie specialized cognitive processing necessary for optimal neurocognitive performance.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/02/25/282631913/marijuana-may-hurt-the-developing-teen-brain
>Studies show regular marijuana use by teens — once a week or more — affects areas dealing with memory and problem solving.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160210135334.htm
>Starting age of marijuana use may have long-term effects on brain development

> marijuana use, and the age at which use is initiated, may adversely alter brain structures that underlie higher order thinking.

>Findings show study participants who began using marijuana at the age of 16 or younger demonstrated brain variations that indicate arrested brain development in the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain responsible for judgment, reasoning and complex thinking.
>>
>>85582005
that language Americans made better by making it not sound like faggy jiffy roody tooty bing bong yarble bosh nonsense
>>
>>85554543

Imagine thinking the words of a man who ate himself to death means anything

> be American
> be fat
> die

Top tier comedy right there
>>
>>85554543
holy fuck patrice was so based
>>
>>85580273
>anyone who dislikes some unfunny hack is a christian
all right

>>85579727
How does that refute my post? I didn't say Norm is correct all the time, I said he's 100% correct in his judgement of Hicks.
>>
>>85582104
if you think being fat and dying makes you bad, well I hope you're not a fan of jimmy saville, wait'll you hear what HE did!
>>
>>85582163
you were clearly triggered by the atheist material or you wouldn't have brought it up apropos of nothing
you're an open book
>>
File: what the fuck.gif (2MB, 370x335px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.gif
2MB, 370x335px
>>85568848
>someone actually bitching about people liking Mitch Hedberg
>>
>>85552824
>all these Americlaps triggered by British banter
Just proving him right lads
>>
Bill Hicks has a respawned popularity because Rogan constantly praises him, because Rogan's act is just a copy of Bill Hicks with more "but dude WEED"
>>
>>85582081
>dont enjoy your life cause you wont be the goodest goy
>>
>>85582104
Patrice O'Neal wasn't smart, he's just big and loud and will defend himself in all cases.
>>
>>85582920

oh yeah, because 14-year-olds have such a hard life that they need drugs to escape it...they live life on easymode.
>>
ITT

Burgers getting trolled
>>
>>85554543
sarcasm is genuinely a form of irony
You can say sarcasm is bad, and that's fine, but to say it's not irony is stupid, and more importantly, completely wrong
>>
>>85582296
Not him but you really are exactly the edgy teen he's describing. Are you about to teleport behind him?
>>
>>85583105
>Are you about to teleport behind him?
stop embarrassing yourself you meme-spouting faggot
>>
File: swear engine.jpg (70KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
swear engine.jpg
70KB, 500x281px
>>85554543
Do people actually think this nigger babble is profound or thought-provoking?
>>
>>85583026
>you need to have a hard life to want to have fun
>>
>>85582296
I'm atheist but you can believe what you want, I just wrote an accurate description of his fans and you're just proving my point
>>
>>85583222
no we think you are
>>
>>85583105
Right?? I bet he's fun at parties. /s
>>
>>85583331
>you need to do drugs to have fun
>>
>>85583498
>you can only have the kind of fun that i endorse for good goys
>>
>>85583362
And the people who hate Hicks and Carlin tend to be Christian conservatives who feel victimized by the words of dead comedians. It's why most of the criticisms tend to be about muh fedoras and gloating that they're supposedly burning in hell right now.
>>
>>85552569
Bill hicks can be funny when he's not ranting for 20 minutes about how the government is wire tapping everyone
>>
>>85554346
I still think dirty work is a criminally underrated comedy
>>
>>85554543
Based black Phillip sticking it to those limey bastards
>>
>>85582978
this.

I remember patrice oneal on tough crowd and he never really said anything profound or deep, nick dipaolo would always win arguments against him when it came to racial/political stuff.
>>
File: 0621065155.png (283KB, 397x484px) Image search: [Google]
0621065155.png
283KB, 397x484px
>>85579541
>George Carlin
>only liked by edgy teens
>ironically outing yourself as underage
>>
>>85583546
>implying mexicans and jews haven't profited off weed for decades
>>
>>85552569
Norm is a pussy ass faggot canadian. he doesnt drink or do drugs. also this curly hair pseudokike bitch thinks Don Rickles is funny.

/thread
>>
>>85583750
>if you do anything i dislike and the money sometimes flows to non-white conservatives youre living from

make sure you never eat, use electricity, get healthcare, buy clothes, buy computers, use a car, get stoned, use a mobile, use the internet, use petrol

>never consume or use anything unless you have a personal contract with the seller and you have certified they are white and conservative and they themselves will never consumer or use anything unless it is also from a white conservative

>otherwise you might give a dollar to a juden, like a good goy
>>
>>85570567
I lost all respect for Jim Jeffries when he went on stage drunk off his ass then acted all high and mighty over everyone.

Dude needs to get his shit together.
>>
>>85583564
Exactly. Norm's put off by the content. I'm basically a fucking Nazi, but I still think Hicks is hilarious, even if he's completely full of shit.
>>
>>85574368
>Telling the truth is now considered edgy
>>
>>85583855
you're the one calling everyone a goy dude
>>
>>85584301
It was the 90's anon. Saying "Michael Jackson is a homosexual pedophile" was edgy for the time.
>>
>>85552824
>cuck island
>>
>>85556244
The Gilbert Godfried episode, the one where they talk about sucking the corpse of Hitler's asshole
>>
>>85583800
>he doesnt drink or do drugs
That's because he spends all him money in the casinos.
As vices go: Gambling>Sex>Alcohol>Drugs
>>
>>85583641
when artie lange is mooning those people out the car window thinking Norm will keep driving and then he jsut stops the car lol GOLD
>>
>>85587428
you have shit taste in vices
>>
Only approved comedians are those found at your local club. Once they make it big then they belong to reddit.
>>
>>85574514
as others have said being autistic removes your ability to critique other people's social skills. Norm is so emotionally in tune with people that he's able to utilize that for comedic gain. Sometimes it ends up hurting people's feelings but giving a shit about people's emotions and not understanding them are two different things.
>>
>>85552617
>>85552649
>>85552662
hello children! when his specials aired they were original enough.

the reason you think he's some hack fedora tipper is because modern comedians, social & political commentators, redditors and fedoras borrow their worldviews from the forefathers like hicks. yeah it's cringe to watch now but in his day he was hittin people with some woke shit they'd never heard before.

faggot teenagers in this thread high off of just turning 18 thinking they have real perspective smfh.
>>
>>85552569
Norm is a funny mother fucker.
>>
>>85583043
They're easy game; the misplaced sense of pride for the shithole country they are brainwashed to worship without question makes them prime bait targets.
>>
I wish Hicks was still alive so I could ask him where he got ideas from
>>
>>85562886
>reads the paper or guts a fish onstage or some stupid other experimental Bobcat Goldthwait shit
you really don't get Norm at all. you're so off base it's pathetic.
>>
>>85573530
brian regan, jerry seinfeld, jim gaffigan, tom papa
>>
>>85552824
found the mental midget
>>
>>85552824
wow, youre one stupid fuck. you should kill yourself.
>>
>>85552824
poo in the loo
>>
>>85552824
Brittish """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>85582876
this, british posters don't deserve (you)s no matter what they say.
>>
>>85580385
Hicks was actually very good at the hipper version of Carlin but he lacked the actual laughs to fit in like the old man.
>>
>>85552569
This was pretty shit. Letterman is too full of himself to play along 100% and Adam Eget was scared shitless to say anything. I dunno.
>>
>>85552569
Where does he say this?
>>
>>85552617
Not that it needs it, but I agree with this comment.
The only people I have known in my life who were Bill Hicks fans were edgelord teenagers, back when I was in high shcool. As an adult, nobody I know has ever mentioned him.
>>
>>85582920
>you have to dull the pain of existence just to enjoy things
you should just kill yourself at this point
>>
>>85595984
>you cant enjoy things that i dont enjoy
>>
>>85552824
You're a real jerk
>>
>>85572519
You're right. It's been hours and no one has tried. I guess it's true Hicks isn't even a comedian, just an edgelord
>>
>>85552569
norm can do no wrong.

bill hicks is not a comedian. he's a soap box preacher. mark maron is also not a comedian.
>>
>>85552569
Bill Hicks always seemed like a serial killer to me. Like he had those wire-rimmed tinted glasses.
>>
>>85552569
That's fine. Although Hicks is/was below, I hear the same things said about later Carlin shows.

Laughing at existence is the best comedy.
Friends, sex, race, class "why does airplane food" observation jokes come afterwards.
>>
ITT: reddit won't stay home
Thread posts: 300
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.