[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does /tv/ love Raimi's Spider-Man and Jackson's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8437.jpg (39KB, 299x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8437.jpg
39KB, 299x290px
Why the fuck does /tv/ love Raimi's Spider-Man and Jackson's Lord of the Rings films so much?
>>
>>85543220
Nostalgia fags
>>
>>85543220
childhood goggles

personally i would've loved that Andrew Garfield was in the Raimi movies. everything was right in that film except that fucking cali emo boy
imagine the banter between mah man Garfield and James fucking Franco would've exchanged. imagine the chemistry between the two and between G-man and Dafoe
>>
>>85543220
Because neither films have people of color cast in any lead roles. Good thing Homecoming changed that. LotR is inferior to GoT anyway.
>>
Because some people arent plebs like you.
>>
>>85543220
Because if patrician tier is 100 and pleb tier is 0, most of /tv/ thinks it's at 80 but is actually at more like 20. I mean, just look at all the capeshit threads and waifu nonsense.
>>
>>85543220

Because they tell decent stories you fucking child.
>>
>>85543432

Fucking eww. Andrew Garfield got a big head.
>>
>>85543432
Misery, misery, misery.

That's what you've chosen.
>>
File: images.jpg (161KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
161KB, 1200x800px
>>85544011
what use is a good story if the dialogues are shit
>>
>>85543220
the good old times when everything wasnt plagued with cheap cgi
>>
>>85544011
Yeah, but the Evil Dead trilogy tells a decent story too, but there aren't daily threads about it.
>>
File: images.jpg (21KB, 828x410px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 828x410px
>>85544111
yep, no cheap CGI at all in LotR
>>
>>85544151

Because no one have a fuck about the remake.
>>
>>85544151
I kinda wish there were
>>
>>85543220
Because they're aspects of the monomyth and conform to Jungian archetypes of good and evil.

It's the same reason /tv/ hates Nu-Star Wars, Disney are trying to excise the monomyth/hero's journey elements and replace them with a grey morality.
>>
>>85544247
but i hate it because Daisy Rider stinks and her character is a mary sue
>>
They were about 12 when those films were released
>>
>>85544100

Yeah because who expects Shakespeare when watching a film about a guy who has super powers? Go ahead and list the great dialogue in newer films.
>>
Because they are good
>>
>>85544310
>Go ahead and list the great dialogue in newer films
sure, here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upp4ZJ29keA
>>
>>85544494
That's pure kino, sure enough.
>>
>>85544297

Sam Raimi's films appealed to a wider audience which included adults you revisionist faggot. Homecoming only appeals to children since it is with all intents and purposes a kids movie made by Disney you stupid fuck.
>>
>>85544494

Crashing thish plane with no shurvivors
>>
>>85543220
because they came out when /tv/ were all kids
>>
>>85544564
this. Fucking contrarian Gen-Z fags acting like these movies weren't critically acclaimed when they were released
>>
>>85544275
That's an aspect of their attempts to destroy the hero's journey in popular culture, though. It's not so much her gender (although god do I despise Daisy Ridley, she can't act and she's fucking annoying in interviews and at press events, but that's not relevant right now) as the fact that she doesn't have to fail or face genuine adversity to develop as a character. The journey becomes irrelevant if you are "chosen".
>>
>>85544941
>but that's not relevant right now
except it is
it's my whole point
>>
>>85543220
Raimi posting is basically the same as prequel posting.
>>
Bruce Campbell elevates the camp in Raimi Spidey.
>>
>>85545667
If you're equating the Raimi Spider-Man films to the Prequels, please kill yourself. If you're not, carry on
>>
>>85545704
>"Raimi movies are soooo campy xd"
Fucking hate this meme. What does it even mean?
>>
>>85545943
It's just a meme from gen-z fags who've never seen the movies and just go by what they heard on redd*t
>>
File: lotr.jpg (223KB, 500x793px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
223KB, 500x793px
>>85543220
Example, the most recent Spider-Man:
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

People like the older stuff because it wasn't completely overrun with SJW leftist political bullshit.

>inb4 LOTR is remade with a "diverse" cast and message
>>
>>85546152
THIS
>>
File: define_diverse.jpg (78KB, 640x687px) Image search: [Google]
define_diverse.jpg
78KB, 640x687px
>>
File: ugly.png (277KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
ugly.png
277KB, 480x368px
They're just solid movies and good modern examples of how you should aim to make something popular that still has heart in it. That's the only real reason they're remembered to any special degree by the generation that currently browses the board. There is such a complete lack of any kind of passionate filmmaking in these big movies now.
>>
>>85546551
Well said bro, underage fags will never understand this. They'll just continue on with
>lol nostalgia fags. These movies weren't that good xD
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.