[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can you talk so much shit about the literally most versatile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: vlc.jpg (20KB, 352x307px) Image search: [Google]
vlc.jpg
20KB, 352x307px
how can you talk so much shit about the literally most versatile media player ever? i have literally never had a file it didn't play perfect. everyone i have ever met used it and loved it, off yourselfs
>>
>>85514849
Fuck off Jamal. We know Paris is full of niggers no need to advertise it
>>
>>85514849
Why do you give a shit? I don't use it because I've had issues with it. You use it because you haven't had issues with it.
Imagine being so insecure you get worked up over people disliking the media player you use.
>>
>>85514849
I used VLC many years ago, but after frequently experiencing the well known green artifacting, I switched over to MPC-HC (only used K-Lite and/or CCCP codec packs during eras of streaming from Xbox 360 to TV, but don't currently) and have been content ever since. Supposedly VLC has fixed that shit since then, but still... MPC-HC just works™. Don't hit me with the LOL DISCONTINUED; it's not like years of updates are rolled back -- it's just remaining as good as it's ever been. I know about MPV, but I have not been shown what it actually does better to convince me to convert.
>>
>>85514849
its a meme nerd dont get so worked up over it
>>
It has trouble playing DVDs. It tends to skip parts and what not. Once playing a DVD the menu buttons will lock up and I can't pause or anything. Tried it on different computers not just mine. The result is always the same.
>>
File: vlc is cia.png (159KB, 1138x671px) Image search: [Google]
vlc is cia.png
159KB, 1138x671px
>>
File: 84f.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
84f.png
49KB, 200x200px
>mpc-hc has stopped working
>>
>>85515351
rundown?
>>
>>85518998
VLC sends info on what you watch back to the creators.
>>
>>85519211
is this real?
>>
>>85519211
i watched a shit ton of vids with teen girls doing cam shows
>>
>>85519211
>>85518998
I use vlc and didn't know this was a thing but if you want to either prove or disprove isolate Vlc in wire shark and track outward packets and see if it's sending anything weird.
>>
>Not using windows media player

Oh I'm laffin.
>>
>>85515265
if you configure your player mpv is better than mpc-hc. with mpc-hc+madvr they are about the same. the only real difference is mpv lets you customize everything, has everything built in, and might be a little more lightweight. Its also cross platform which is nice.
>>
File: VLC media player.gif (294KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
VLC media player.gif
294KB, 500x352px
>mfw using VLC
>>
I thought this was a meme until I started watching higher res videos. VLC struggled to play anything above 4 gigs. MPC-HC plays everything flawlessly
>>
>>85519211
VLC doesn't send anything, the CIA's malware watches VLC and reports back on what it's doing.
>>
>>85519463
Once again use wire shark and upload proof I'd like to see
>>
MPV is the only player with video-sync=display-resample, therefore MPV is the only good player. I can watch entire HD movies with literally perfect frame timing, zero duplicated or skipped frames. No other player does this.
>>
>>85519403
hell even on low res shit i'd see artifacts. i did like that it auto played from when you last closed it though. MPC requires you to find the last thing you watched.
>>
>>85519365
>if you configure your player mpv is better than mpc-hc
Call me a dumb faggot kike nigger, but what settings should be altered to make it superior?
>>
>>85519514
There's a lot you can do and it depends on your OS and hardware. You basically customize it for your needs to work the best on your system.
To start, adding profile=opengl-hq is noticably better than default settings.
Honestly, if you arent very good with computers or dont care about getting everything you can out of your player just stick to something easy like vlc, mpc-hc, or mpc-be.
>>
>>85519514
The most important thing is setting your monitor's refresh rate to an integer multiple of the movie's frame rate, and enabling video-sync=display-resample. If your monitor can't do that, consider making minor adjustments to the video speed, eg. if it syncs to 50Hz but not 48Hz, you can play 24fps movies with speed=1.041667 (PAL speedup style), and optionally with audio-pitch-correction=no depending on what kind of audio distortion annoys you more. If you can't sync to an integer multiple, try to a multiple of 0.5x the frame rate, and enable interpolation with tscale=linear. If you still can't sync to that, enable interpolation with default tscale.

Many monitors will sync to refresh rates not reported in the EDID. You can attempt to force arbitrary refresh rates with xrandr on Linux, and presumably it's possible on other operating systems.
>>
Its ok and i use it but MPC-HC is objectively better.
>>
>>85519988
you know that forcing refresh rates can destroy your monitor right?
>>
>>85519395
Kek
>>
>>85520122
Only if it's an extremely ancient CRT.
>>
>>85514849
I find that VLC is far better at recognising subtitles than MPC. In fact whenever I watch anything where subtitles are required I don't even bother with MPC anymore because of how shoddy it is in that regard.
>>
>>85514849
I have.

VLC is great. But there are others just as good imo.
>>
>>85514849
potplayer mang
>>
I thought MPC was dead? why is there an update?
>>
>>85519211
prove it
>>
No one else uses GOM?
>>
>>85520701
Used it for watching Korean StarCraft II streams years ago, but what other reason is there?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.