[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started watching The Sopranos on Amazon Prime, but the show is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0880.jpg (986KB, 4320x2880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0880.jpg
986KB, 4320x2880px
Started watching The Sopranos on Amazon Prime, but the show is in widescreen. I wouldn't think a show from 1999 would be in widescreen. Is it supposed to be this way, or did they do to Sopranos what they did to The Wire?
>>
idk lol
>>
>>85511374
It was originally shot and screened in 16:9. I think it was shot on 3-perf 35mm, unlike The Wire which was shot on 4-perf stock.
>>
>>85511652
So it was shown on TV letterboxed? I don't think people had widescreen TVs at that time.
>>
>>85511817
I remember watching it letterboxed, yeah.
>>
>>85512444
Alright cool, thanks. I'll watch it then. I've avoided The Wire, and will continue to avoid it until they release it in the correct aspect ratio.
>>
>>85512485
It's already out in 16:9 on Bluray
>>
>>85513272
That's what I'm talking about. The show was shot in 16:9, but the intention was always to frame it in 4:3 to look more like a documentary. The Wire Blu-rays were done mostly by opening up the frame, I think sometimes they had to pan and scan, sometimes digitally remove stuff that you aren't supposed to see, but you wouldn't have with the sides of the frame chopped off. I've heard it's not too bad, it's not like the Seinfeld hackjob, but still, I won't watch The Wire unless it's in the intended 4:3.
>>
>>85511374
who cares you autist
>>
>>85514327
I'm a patrician. I want to see the show the way it was intended to be seen.
>>
>>85514346
>want to watch it the way it was intended
>stream shit quality instead of blu-ray
>>
>>85513339
make sure to watch it on a CRT as well you fucking autist
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.