[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thinking of going to see Valerian. can you guys make a concise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

thinking of going to see Valerian. can you guys make a concise argument as to why or why not?
>>
>>85503705
Do not see. Is shit.
>>
>>85503705
Do go see. Is great.
>>
>>85503705
Inspire Star Wars
>>
>>85503705
there is a 90% chance you will hate Valerian. He is one of the most unlikable leads ive seen in a movie. I honestly don't know how Bresson got $170+ million without someone trying to fix that in the script.
>>
File: 1440068008908.jpg (42KB, 581x576px) Image search: [Google]
1440068008908.jpg
42KB, 581x576px
>dane dehaan
>cara delevingne
I dunno lil homie you tell me.
>>
>>85503868
honestly havent seen anything those two are in. are they really that bad?

>>85503768
>>85503846
it looks interesting. is it really this bad? that would be such a shame.
>>
>>85503957
>is it really this bad?
Imagine stubbing you're walking around barefoot and you stub your toe on a piece of furniture. You look down and see that it cracked your toenail and now it's bleeding. Now imagine instead of your toe, that's your dick. That's how you'll feel if you watch this movie.
>>
>>85503957
It's not a strictly bad movie. Some parts I genuinely enjoyed, it's just dragged down hard by the leads.
>>
>>85503705
The CGI is incredible.
>>
if you want to see some cool spectacle, sure, go see it
but the plot is basically a fetch quest from an RPG and the acting is so poor it will make you wonder how they approved the takes/shots they got.
>>
5/10 movie. Woman looks like a goblin and man looks like a teen. Amazing effects/set though. Anime adventure story
>>
>>85503957
The first 5-10 minutes are great. The first action set that follows is pretty good. The rest is bad.
>>
>>85503705
Cara is hot, so see it
>>
>>85504027
ouch. it think this alone has convinced me not to waste my time.

>>85504054
>>85504098
i think now ill just wait till it gets released and we see highlight clips of those few good scenes.
>>
>>85504246
this
>>
>>85504324
Cara looks like a fucking goblin
>>
>>85504344
It's not nearly that bad, but the leads are indeed horribly miscast and the acting in general is gets cringey sometimes.
The plot is meh but the visuals are amazing. I'd tentatively recommend it if you're just into sci-fi in general.
>>
>>85503705
I don't support anything with that model with resting bitch face.
>>
>>85504344
Both leads are like joyless quip machines. Everything is delivered flatly, like they didn't get the memo that bickering is supposed to be lively. It's like watching a couple that's been married for too fucking long, who really just want the other to die in their sleep.
>>
>>85504246
is it better than Star Wars: TFA?
>>
>>85504844
good question. i didnt hate tfa, but i also didnt think it was very good. how do these two compare?
>>
>>85505108
I enjoyed Valerian more, but TFA has better acting. The main leads in Valerian don't have chemistry and most of the dramatic scenes fall flat (there are 3 or 4 of them). I thought TFA was boring because it was a familiar plot and sequel bait at the same time.

In summary:
Valerian - Campy space adventure in a cool universe, with bad dramatic scenes.
TFA - A New Hope Redux, or watch the next two movies to enjoy this one.
>>
>>85503705
Go in seeing it for what it is, a campy fun sci-fi, and you wont be disappointed
Go in expecting something similar to 5th Element and you will have a bad time
I enjoyed it even with the fairly wooden main actors
>>
It was bad but I thoroughly enjoyed it but on the other hand it was probably the best movie but I don't care too much for it.
>>
Look at the clips when they come out. The movie is so fucking bad, but it looks pretty good. That's about all there is.
>>
its LOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!
>>
>>85503768
>Do not see. Is shit.

so they literally filmed excrement? i didn't know Jodorowsky was involved.
>>
>>85503705
It's not a sequel
>>
File: valerian01_orig.jpg (89KB, 1100x467px) Image search: [Google]
valerian01_orig.jpg
89KB, 1100x467px
>>85503705
A beautiful and lush universe
>>
>>85504844
Never seen TFA. I'd go with probably.
>>
If you like sci-fi visuals, Valerian has a lot of beautiful and very imaginative ones. If that's not your thing, this movie is probably not worth your theater dollars.

Be warned: the writing is very bad. Massive plot holes and teenager ideas of "romance" and "cool." The best way to watch will be the inevitable MST3K/RiffTrax version.
>>
>>85508856
is the romance cringy? i can handle that kidn of thing if it isnt cringy

reading this thread it seem the majority think it is terrible while a decent side minority think it is okay as a general scifi film.
>>
>>85504844
Most things are
>>
I liked it.
>>
Had my dick out. Stroking since previews.
I came so hard. All those upskirt and panty shots. I swear it wasnt any of the girls i saw earlier coming in before lights went down. Cara is a cute ass boytoy eyebrow-fu. Id lick her asshole clean
But yeah it was ok. Kinda horny again. Cant jackoff to monkies. Wish upon was ok. Frumpy bitch had ok tushy. So horny. I love jackin at the movies. Nrvr been caught. Knock on wood. My wood! Ha ha
>>
>>85503705
Saw it last night. I actually liked it. It's a very good flick. Some scenes are cringey and the romance plot is over the top and unneccesary so is the Rihanna part. But all things considered it I enjoyed it more than new SW and capeshit movies. Go and see it but expect some harmless fun.
>>
>>85503705
If you don't value a decent story, characters, acting, or your time alive on this planet, but like effects and The Fifth Element, go see it, you might not hate it.

If you don't like watching what feels like 7 hours of bullshit scenes loosely strung together, acted badly with no likeable characters, and hated The Fifth Element, you might like the first 5 min, and hate everything after.
>>
>>85504844
Valerian isn't even better than Twilight.
>>
>>85509503
The romance is literally Twilight-tier, maybe worse. The writing for the main leads is unbelievably awful.
>>
>>85503846
Shame, I'm fan of the comics and in those he's really likable guy.
>>
Woman is ugly
Man looks like has boipucci
>>
>>85503705
I loved it and thought it was awesome. So did my brother, we want to go see it again. Definitely check it out.
>>
>>85504324
No she isn't, but the curvy redheaded 2D character she is based on is sexy as hell.

Just watch the anime instead, it's nore fun tbqh
>>
>>85513074
b8 m8

nothing is worse than twilight
>>
>>85515641
>Just watch the anime instead, it's nore fun tbqh

when did they ever make an anime of Valerian? or did you mean manga? and since it's french and not japanese, you meant bandes dessins?
>>
File: #########################7yui.jpg (2MB, 3424x5136px) Image search: [Google]
#########################7yui.jpg
2MB, 3424x5136px
It's a great film, check it out
>>
>>85516579
>Reading that helped me learn French

No there is Time Jam, a French-Japanese collaboration, it's silly but I enjoyed it more than the new movie. It's on Chrunchy Roll I believe.
>>
>>85503705
Best movie I've seen this month for sure, and one of the best blockbusters I've seen those last few years after disappointing Marvel movies and Star Justice Wars.

Just keep in mind this isn't your typical Hollywood movie following American tropes. It's a European movie at heart, and French on top of that. Characters manage to be even appreciable, I guess they both lacked good direction until now. And then what some others see as "bad acting" is just their characters being quite naive and innocent.
>>
>>85503705

Well it was made by the same guy who made The Fifth Element and its the same genre so...
>>
>>85519141
...so it's the best scifi movie to come out this decade?
>>
>>85503705
It's very visually appealing and has Besson's usual flashes of brilliance. There are some solid laughs in it, too. That surprised me, because I don't normally associate Besson with good comedy.
>>
>>85516649
Did Luc fuck her too?
>>
>>85506828
That's what she said
>>
>>85503705
do not see. no based eddie to save it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.