[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Supernatural is now the longest running sci-fi/fantasy series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>Supernatural is now the longest running sci-fi/fantasy series in North America

Wew
>>
>>85462526
>Supernatural renewed for season 13
>has a spin off in the works
>Buffy the Vampire Slayer has 7 seasons and spin off Angel has 5 seasons for a total of 12
Who would have thought Supernatural would outlast Buffyverse. Good thing season 12 was more streamlined than the last few seasons
>>
I still like it. It isn't good but at least it's got characters I've spent a decade with and isn't fucking capeshit and doesn't force a political stance on you.

Will watch it till it runs into the ground
>>
this is secretly kino despite its shit fans
>>
>>85463248
not after season 5
>>
>>85463273
Season 6 was mostly shit and the bullshit with Charlie and Leviathan was awful too but its not bad
>>
>>85463273
Season 9-10 were the absolute pits in terms of story telling, lore development, cohesion and direction but 12-13 picked it up again. Carver ruined the show when he took the helm.
>>
>>85463313
Season 6 was a logical direction and the introduction of older, stronger monsters like dragons, hybrids, the alphas, Eve and Purgatory were fucking genius because it kept the angel lore from being overused. Leviathan had good concepts and poor execution but with the recent political climate of America, it seems to have aged better
>>
>>85463457
I love the new monsters they introduced but the bullshit with Samuel and Castiels betrayal
>>
>>85463526
Really? Thought that was an excellent twist and a nice character development for Castiel. How many shows do you have where a character proclaims himself the new God? Besides, it was better instead of recycling more Sam and Dean angst + man pain

The betrayal of Cas made the last few episodes of season 6 really gray, a parallel to Purgatory being separate from Heaven and Hell
>>
>>85463640
idk I guess but bringing back the grandfather and soulless sam was very boring to me although Cass becoming new god was actually an interesting payoff.
>>
>>85463757
Well i did hate those parts too but i think it's because we were supposed to

The show was supposed to end but it continued, and we were supposed to look at it through Dean's pov. Dean was out of the game and living the apple pie life. To suddenly see Sam back with other people for practically the whole year makes Dean feel betrayed, and so did we by extension. Why would Sam choose them over his brother? Surprise surprise. He has no soul.

I also like how souls play very important roles in the direction of Gamble's eras

Carver's eras are just all over the place and very cyclical while also shitting on established lore. Good thing he left
>>
>>85462526
From season 5 onwards it's become fanfic tier cringe. It could've been the premise for one of if not the best paranormal sci-first franchise of all time but they decided to milk it WAY too hard.
The introduction of Angels made the show jump the shark.
>>
I stopped watching when Dean got killed by Hellhounds, idk what season that was. Baffles me that it's still going tbqh.
>>
>>85464220
The angel arc set it apart from many shows of the genre
>>
File: 1498996629276.jpg (96KB, 640x619px)
1498996629276.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>85464538
It made demons completely irrelevant.
Pre-Angels:
- Had to find artifacts to deal with demons
- Had to tirelessly research how to deal with some of them (demons)
- Endless struggles coping with the reality set for the two brothers as they have to take on the forces of hell ALL BY THEMSELVES.
- Yellow eyes was KINO

Post - Angels:
- Lmao artifacts to kill demons we ALL have knives that kill ANY of them lmao!
- Uh oh cornered by a TON of demons lemme just spread my magic wings to kill them all n' shit LMAO
- M E T A T R O N L M A O
- Fuck demons we angel wars now choose a side n' shiiit
>>
This show ended on Season 5. Thats all i know.
>>
>>85463248
Yes it still is. >>85463273
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.