[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looks like an 80's saturday morning cartoon The fact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1500862286479.jpg (441KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500862286479.jpg
441KB, 1382x2048px
>looks like an 80's saturday morning cartoon

The fact that it reminds me of He-Man or something makes me want to see this more.
>>
File: 1500931994266.png (558KB, 932x666px) Image search: [Google]
1500931994266.png
558KB, 932x666px
So reddit is /ourguy/ now right?
>>
>>85461420
Really liking the colors here
>>
>>85461457
Reddit is all a bunch of kids who pretend to like 80's things. I actually grew up with them. There's a difference.

If you didn't grow up with Visionaries action figures I don't care about your opinion.
>>
File: aoambqp.jpg (64KB, 620x622px) Image search: [Google]
aoambqp.jpg
64KB, 620x622px
They're going hard into the 80's aesthetic.
>>
>>85461509

>reddit mostly consists of 80s and 90s kids
>"NO THEY'RE NOT LIKE ME AT ALL!!!! I GREW UP WITH THIS!!! THEY DIDN'T!!!!"

I don't frequent reddit but why do you faggots pretend like you don't have the same interests as reddit? fucking pathetic. you even act as edgy as them so stop acting like a retard
>>
>>85461616
Look they like a ton of stuff we like, they have an entire board dedicated to stalking 4chan. But it's pointless to argue semantics.

They don't like things the same way we like them.
>>
>>85461420

>a +100mio$ movie looks like a cartoon made 30 years ago

that's actually the reason I don't want to watch it. if I wanted to watch a cheap 80s cartoon adaption, I'd just watch the old He-Man movie. the fact that the CGI and costumes look terrible and the dialogue does indeed sound like it was ripped straight out of a 80s cartoon makes me mad as fuck considering that Thor 1 looked like a god-tier movie compared to this turd

but obviously Disney managed to go all "we gotta have the GotG audience guyz" so all you bitches are swarming around it like flies to shit
>>
Is Thor interesting now?
>>
>>85461742
I actually liked him from the start. I own the first two on dvd and loved him in Avengers. I even bought that realistic look prop replica Mjolnir.

When I was in high school around 2002, 2003 ish I did four independent essays on Norse Mythology and had a comic inspired by it I drew for friends so I was looking forward to the Thor movies the most for the sheer fun aspect.
>>
File: 1491431953921.gif (1MB, 310x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491431953921.gif
1MB, 310x225px
>>85461718
Some people can't handle camp.
>>
>>85461742

I figured it's the same plebs who liked Guardians who like him now since there has been a huge influx in sudden thor fans

everytime I tried to have decent discussions about Thor 1 and 2 in the past, there was always the same retards who tried to say how the thor movies were the worst of the franchise and how thor was the worst character out of all avengers

pathetic fucks suddenly like the ragnarok trailers even though the trailers don't even resemble the actual theme of the movie. it rather looks like a fucking quipfest clusterfuck. even thor 2 would have fit the theme Ragnarok better
>>
>>85461420
It's like they're trying to turn thor in to a GOTG ripoff
>bright saturated colors everywhere
>slow motion shots at artistic angles
>80s pop music
>>
>>85461976
>unlikely group of heroes teams up to fight the villain
>>
>>85461420
Asgardians of the Galaxy: now with Hindu imagery.
>>
>>85461976
They're copying DC by copying GotG. At least there's no way this will be worse than Suicide Squad.
>>
>>85461874

I love camp. I loved it in X-Men, I loved it in Raimi's Spider-Man movies, I liked it in the Daredevil movie and I love them in almost every single 80s and 90s comic adaption. the problem with this one is that it has GotG-tier camp which is utter shit. In other movies, you always have some sense of something being at stake. In the MCU, there's literally no feeling of stakes anymore now that every situation has to be ruined with a joke. That apparently seems to be the standard now which definitely ruined movies such as Thor 2 and Dr. Strange. Even Age of Ultron was a pathetic mess because of this
>>
>>85461976
thor 1 and 2 were pretty bad so this is an improvement

a lot of GOTG and immigrant song is 70s
>>
>>85461420

What happened?
>>
>>85462086
Suicide Squad copied GOTG. GOTG2 amped it up and copied Suicide Squad which was a copy of GOTG itself. Ragnarok is GOTG2 and Thor is a Star-Lord ripoff.
>>
>>85462086
>they're copying dc by copying guardians

guardians wasn't by dc
>>
>>85462138
UMA
>>
>>85462138
They got rid of Natalie Portman.
>>
>>85462138
cycles of sincerity/irony

in another 10 years things will go back to looking like concrete (with an added layer of self awareness) but for now, bright colors and 80s music are in
>>
>>85462138
Meme director and oversaturation. Guardians was successful so now Thor is Guardians with another setting.
>>
>>85461420
I get that they use saturated colors to draw your attention because it stands out from whatever scenery it's put in, but where do they go from here? They're already at peak saturation
>>
>>85462228
what 80s songs are in GOTG or Thor 3 its almost all 70s
>>
I liked the trailer, mostly from the hotline miami music they used. Marvel is doubling down on the 80's shit. Glad I'm no longer watching capeshit.
>>
>>85461509
How could you possibly know that
>>
>>85461594
What they're going hard into is
>we want the Hindu audience
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.