[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starship Troopers is really one of the best sci-fi movies there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Starship Troopers is really one of the best sci-fi movies there is

It's both a great parody on military dictatorship and a great sci-fi action movie
>>
And prime Denise Richards
>>
>>85448753
Did Ironside ever do anything remotely good afterwards? And how is Casper Van Dien still alive with those mountains of shitty movies he has made?
>>
>>85448753
This is not false
>>
It's great but these threads always just devolve into /pol/ brainlets shitposting about how it failed as satire because it makes le fascism look so le cool and le appealing
>>
>>85448753
Dizzy is best girl
>>
>>85449106
>le fascism look so le cool and le appealing

why is "le" antifascism leftyshits so le cool and le appealing?
>>
>>85449069
>Did Ironside ever do anything remotely good afterwards?

Splinter Cell trilogy
>>
>>85448753
it's a critique of american foreign policy(and american society in general)
also it's not a good movie
>>
>>85448753
How did the CGI hold up so well in this?
>>
File: alexcoximage1_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg (78KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
alexcoximage1_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg
78KB, 1050x591px
>>85448753
I bumped into Alex Cox once. As well as being an okay director, he used to present a late night movie show in UK where he'd give a five minute introduction to a film and explain why it was kino.
I thanked him for pointing me at good films when I was young and developing a love for the medium. He asked for my fav film. We share a love of samurai kino but I had to go with Starship Troopers.
He pulled a face, like it wasn;t real kino, but this was the reason I gave. Very few movies work so well on two levels, especially when those two levels are opposed to each other.
>>
>>85449465
The starship troopers are at least entertaining. ALL of them. Also tits.
>>
>>85449686
No idea who that is but I read your post senpai
>>
>>85448753
>Starship Troopers is really one of the best sci-fi movies there is
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's not even one of the best Verhoeven sci-fi movies there is.

>It's both a great parody on military dictatorship and a great sci-fi action movie
OK, that I'll give you. There is indeed both parody and action (and parody of action).

>>85449069
>Did Ironside ever do anything remotely good afterwards
Well, he did make Turbo Kid. Which is probably my favorite mad max movie right now.
>>
>>85449686
I started reading that and assumed it was "What like you're doing now?" Ryan Gosling stealing Coke Zero pasta
>>
File: 1426602190009.jpg (12KB, 343x357px) Image search: [Google]
1426602190009.jpg
12KB, 343x357px
>DUDE PARODY LMAO

I hate you people so much. You're not smart for liking this bowel movement just because some fat Youtuber made you realize it was ironically bad.

I don't know the point of parodying fascism, a dead political ideology, when the general public almost unanimously is repelled by it, especially back in the 90's when the movie came out, but it goes without saying you must really suck as a director to completely fail at conveying this simple message and critically and commercially fail because the general audience thinks it's pro-Nazi propaganda, thus proving how pointless the message of the movie was to begin with

TL;DR: Your turd of a movie isn't good just because you now retroactively realize it's parody over a decade later and you're not smart for parroting this epiphany as everyone already knows at this point
>>
>>85450460
>the movie is bad because I'm really really dumb
>>
>>85450460
The book was much different
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.