[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>90 minutes long >takes place “after the novels“ >pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: Dark-tower.jpg (433KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-tower.jpg
433KB, 1382x2048px
>90 minutes long
>takes place “after the novels“
>pretty much everything important is left out
>written by akiva goldsman

are you as excited as i am
>>
>>85441318
The fact that it's 90 minutes long isn't necessarily a bad thing. Do we need every movie to be 135 minutes long?
>>
>>85441318
>after the novels
Then what's the point in seeing it?
>>
>>85441357

>steven kings crossover fanfic rapped yp in 90 minutes
>>
>>85441357

It's not like the book has a lot of plot.
>>
>>85441357
>>85441357
>The fact that it's 90 minutes long isn't necessarily a bad thing. Do we need a movie that is based on a series of 9 books, spanning over 4 thousand pages to be 135 minutes long?
You need to KYS.
>>
>>85441318
10 minutes a book is more than enough to cover all 9 novels and make a sequel rolled into one.

It's only Stephen King lol what are you 14?
>>
>>85441318
>Huge dark tower fan!

Won't be seeing this steaming pile of shit
>>
File: 1499570987693.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499570987693.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>85441905
Here's your (you)
>>
>>85442359
He's right though. I couldn't even finish book four when they're casually walking through all the dimensions. Then I learned of the ending and was just like "why then at all?"
>>
>>85442723
I bet you fast forward movies too and are like "why then at all?"
>>
File: 1493927826188.gif (850KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493927826188.gif
850KB, 320x320px
>>85442723
Well then enjoy your blacked version of the no plot book
>>
>>85441357
Who's "we"? Creepy fuckface. I'd like this movie to be 3 hours long if it's actually good.
>>
File: Dark_Tower_.jpg (471KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Tower_.jpg
471KB, 2688x1520px
I was at first pretty skeptical
and i mean way before even cast was announced

the book #2 is the best one and I have REAL hard time imagining it working on screen. The hijacking of peoples bodies... sure it could be shown, but what makes the books great is the thoughts and reasoning of the characters.

Thats really hard to do well in a movie without it being corny.
Think Fight Club as example, if there would not be the narrator voice... and at the same time going with narrator voice in DT would not seem fitting

then black lead is announced and my skepticism only grows
but last trailer kinda got me hooked.
I think they are fixing book #1
In essence it will do the same thing the book #1 did
intrduce gunslinger, introduce man in black, introduce Jake and keep Jakes storyline similar to book #1

and it will end in some way where the book #2 should start where they will keep more closely to the book #2
>>
File: train.jpg (21KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
21KB, 600x452px
A 2014 draft of the script has been online for a while. It wasn't a perfect script and changes have been made, but based on all the footage that has come out its clear that the core of the script is still there. I've read the series 3 times and know I'll take another trip down the path of the beam soon. Huge fan. Trust me when i say the script has some serious potential. The director is a Constant Reader who actually gives a shit. This will be a short and sweet intro to the series just like the first book was. Also, side note, if the script ending stays the same, then im sold. I actually like the ending better than the first book's ending. Fans will recognize a "there are other worlds than these" moment in an even darker way.

Fans of the book will understand why it takes place after and new people will find out quick.
>>
I was annoyed about the race change at first but if there's no detta (which is sad in itself but hey ho) then it isnt an issue
>>
>>85443151
Drawing of the Three > The Waste Lands > The Dark Tower > The Gunslinger > Wolves of the Calla > Wizard and Glass > Song of Susannah

Dot3 and TWL are really hard to separate and are essentially a continuous narrative compared to the others.

There's not a chance in hell I'll watch the movie, though, and am actively hoping for it to be as awful as possible.
>>
>>85445150
Director said in an AMA that should they get to continue making the series, the second book will be set up by the ending of this one(which falls right in line with the leaked script ending). Race is something they they wont shy away from and seemingly have a general idea of how they will handle the change.
>>
>>85441357
Certain types of flicks are ok being 90min long.
Slasher,horror movies in general,comedies

When you're adapting a King series which spans over 9 books,even though its goal isn't to cover them all,it's still pretty fucking short
>>
>>85441318
also
>meme nigger
>>
>>85445205
Read the leaked script and see if you still feel that way. Trust me. People who wrote and worked on this truly give a shit.
>>
>>85445239
Jesus. people need to realize this isn't 7 books in one movie. Its the first book with some of 3(very little, surrounding one character. most of 3 still makes perfect sense down the line). The first book is one of the shortest things king has written. Its quick, dirty, and sets you up for the major world building to come. This film will be no different.
>>
>>85441318
>takes place “after the novels“
So the beginning of book 1 then? Because at the end of the series the plot loops back to the beginning.
>>
>>85445252
Not also. Because you're just bringing up meme complaints now.
>>
>>85441318
Why is he dabbing?
>>
>>85445378

I think it's a little inside joke to the people who read the books
>>
>>85445370

I wish they did the novella or short story first.
>>
>>85441905
i only remember a handful of scenes from the first book, easy 90 mins of action
>>
>nigger
No thank you
>>
File: latest[1].png (353KB, 673x406px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
353KB, 673x406px
I still can't get over the fact they cast a nigger as Roland. It's like a dream I need to wake up from. The Jews in Hollywood has lost their minds. I'm not going to see this movie. I'm not playing their game anymore
>>
File: darktower_10.jpg (56KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
darktower_10.jpg
56KB, 432x640px
>>
It's not the race change

It's that idris Elba doesn't look remotely haggard or grizzled enough to be roland
>>
File: darktower_11.jpg (281KB, 1382x2047px) Image search: [Google]
darktower_11.jpg
281KB, 1382x2047px
>>
>>85441318

Not bad. The first book is short as fuck.
>>
>>85441357
Well, if the story is basically Roland meets Jake like in the books, then that book only had 100 pages in big letters, so that isn't necesarrily bad. Not to mention that couple years back the 90 minutes was pretty much standard, nowadays the directors just stuff the movies with pointless shit.

>>85445370
Yeah well, then maybe the creators might have actually said something for fuck sake. If the Roland sudenly is black, then they should outright say that this is after the ending of the books, and if they say that there is no Susannah, then they should fucking say that the movie is the adaption of the first book.
Is swear to god the PR and the director are raging retards.
>>
>>85441357
>'We'
fuck off commie
>>
>>85444587
ok, Akiva, whatever you say
>>
>>85441318
>Written by Akiva Goldsman & Jeff Pinker

Are these the faggots from the lonely island?
>>
>>85445999
no
>>
>>85441437
So we can see Roland break that shitty ending with the Loop
>>
>>85445760
The creators have said this is outright taking place DIRECTLY after the last book, not to mention KING HIMSELF has stated that its a direct continuation and "the last time around". They DID say it's an adaption of the first book, and expanded on that in a recent AMA. Dont get me wrong, this movie hasn't been marketed well at all. But if you are a fan and wish to seek out info not crucial to newcomers, then its all there if you look.
>>
>>85445854
I wish. I'd do fucking anything to adapt books two and 3. Combined they may be Kings best work. Even without a payoff till book 4, that part of the series is perfect.
>>
>>85441995
They aren't adapting all 9 books into one movie...
>>
He dabbin XD
>>
>>85445760
>they should fucking say that the movie is the adaption of the first book
you must be mentally challenged if you couldn't work this out.

>First movie of a series
>HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT WAS AN ADAPTATION OF THE FIRST BOOK AND NOT THE 7th!!!!
>>
>>85443151
>Revolvermannen
>>
>>85441318
One question about the movie:

I've only read the first book, I planning to read the other ones as well. Is the movie going to spoil for me the events of the other books?
>>
>>85446622
No that's the razzle-dazzle
>>
>>85446589

why not, that's ten minutes for each book

seems about the right amount of time hollywood usually takes for paying attention to source materials
>>
>>85446838
>Is the movie going to spoil for me the events of the other books?
No, the movie is a complete fanfic. The actual villain isn't in it, won't be mentioned; it's just boils down to a fight between Roland the the mid-boss Randall Flagg.
>>
>>85446924
Thanks for answering, also isn't there going to be some kind of TV series with Ron Howard? What's this going to cover?
>>
>>85447005
Don't listen to
>>85446924

It's been said it follows semi closely to the first book with a few changes here and there.
The only villian in book 1 was Walter, MiB,
The CK isn't even mentioned until later in the book series, and they have shown many stills of MiB with stuff about the Crimson King.
That guy is fucking stupid.
>>
>>85447005
book 4, which is mostly the backstory of Roland just after his early test of manhood in a mid world version of Mexico.
>>
>>85443151
Best cover art.
>>
more like one bbc to impregnate all the snowbunnies
>>
>>85447261
ok, so here is the general framework of the film based on the script and the footage released.

Jake has dreams and visions that are fucking his life up. Roland, MIB, Mid world. no clue what the fuck is going on. He ends up going through a door with some struggle, and ends up in a desert.

Not sure what order we see things, but all signs point to the Tull section of the first book being represented. Roland may end up leaving Tull injured, or is injured later requiring him to find medical care only available to him in Jake's world. Not sure if it will translate to the film, but in the script Roland(perhaps subconsciously effected by the last go around.) has given up his quest for the tower in favor of a more achievable goal: killing Walter.

Jake and Roland get together and struggle to be civil for a bit, but Roland starts to feel for the boy by the end. Sadly for Jake, he has huge mental abilities (that readers know grow over the series) that Walter needs to use to bring the tower.

So that's a change from the book that really helps the plot. Walter is seeking Jake as a beam breaker, and eventually gets him. Roland catches up eventually but is too late. Jake is being used. In the script, Roland hears Jake telepathically tell if "there are other worlds than these" and Roland SHOOTS Jake in the chest, stopping Walter from using his power. Roland goes back to mid world and walks to the ocean, setting up the story of book two.
>>
>>85447261
There won't be a CK and there won't be another DT movie. I guarantee it.

The trailer has Roland and MiB dueling or some shit, none of that happens in the novel. Their meeting is non-violent and a moment of revelation for the gunslinger. The MiB reads his Tarot. He falls asleep and when he wakes some time has passed and in Randall's place is a skeleton in his clothes.
>>
>>85446448
>They did say it

Yes, after six months of fans losing their shit.

>HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT WAS AN ADAPTATION OF THE FIRST BOOK AND NOT THE 7th!!!

That is because, you genius, nobody thought it will be the adaptation of just the first book, because THERE IS ALMOST NOTHING IN THE FIRST BOOK.
It is barely a pamphlet, ill suited for silver screen since nothing much really happens in there. Might be interesting material but nothing you can rake in half a billion with.
>>
>more /co/mblr interracial shit
color me surprised
>>
File: lagertha2.jpg (140KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lagertha2.jpg
140KB, 1080x1080px
Dark Tower is related to Kathryn Winnick, making her relevant to this thread
>>
>>85447813
I'd argue the first book would work as a film if shot as written. Might be harder for people to follow at first, but its worth the attention. So much happens. Spending a chunk of the film in Tull, a spaghetti western section for sure, leading to the way station. You could inter cut some of Jakes story just to set it up for when they meet. The ending would let some people down but fuck it, its a decent ending. Easily a solid 90 minute film.

That said, the changes made (that we know of so far) are at worst tolerable and at best better than the book.
>>
>>85441318

>All of these fags liking King's liberal propaganda

It's what you all deserve.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.