[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Rick & Morty? I mean I know Reddit likes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: thumbnail_8234390180613999969.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_8234390180613999969.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
Why do people hate Rick & Morty? I mean I know Reddit likes it, but it isn't reddit in the least, rick seems like the kinda guy to hate everyone and seems like someone /pol/ might like, I imagine him in a Nazi officer outfit in a canonally in a future episode.

Also, Rick in particular is relatable on many fronts; the being a hateful asshole, drunk, hiding his pain from everyone with sarcasm, shitty comments and drunkenness
I relate to rick alot with what ive seen, even especially in the Unity episode I mean fuck.

Seriously though /tv/ what do you not like about this show?
>>
You do understand that /tv/ is in the minority right?
>>
Probably a bait thread but that's ok. Based on past threads objection is mainly from people who haven't seen it, or at least not much of it, and it's on philosophical grounds because it is perceived as anti-Christian and "liberal" whatever that means.
>>
I hate it because its not funny and everyone looses their shit over it.
>>
>>85427981
Because 4chan as a whole is full of contrarian edgelords
>>
>>85427981
1. Ugly animation
2. Repetitive storylines
3. Repetitive jokes
4. Terrible voice acting
5. Gimmicks
6. There's nothing to like about it.
>>
>>85427981
>Also, Rick in particular is relatable on many fronts; the being a hateful asshole, drunk, hiding his pain from everyone with sarcasm, shitty comments and drunkenness
>I relate to rick alot with what ive seen, even especially in the Unity episode I mean fuck.

THis is exactly why people hate it. Pathetic assholes like yourself clinging on to poorly written characters because they "drink" and are "sarcastic".
>>
>>85427981
idk, why don't you make the thread another 5 dozen times?
you'll surely understand then!
asshat
>>
>>85428028
You're retarded. Every thread has tons of info on why it's shitty show and no one can defend it so they just resort to saying everyone who doesn't like it is contrarian.
>>85428042
Case in point
>>
>>85427981
he tries too hard to be funny which annoys people

t. a drunk that becomes an unfunny wannabe comedian at times
>>
>>85428068
>I hate things because someone I don't like likes them
Must be exhausting
>>
>>85428068
Someone who's so poorly written makes some of the greatest quips and retorts ever for an animated show tho
>>
>>85428117
>muh quips

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
The age old idea of being full of cynicism means you are intelligent and happy people are just ignorant and dumb. This show is just for people who cant step outside of their frame of mind and would rather point to rick as a shining example and justification for their negative outlook on life.
>>
Literally who? Looks like a poorly animated comedy with shitty attempts at edgy humor
>>
>>85428039
This, I dont see the humor in the show. Its all just random shit and slightly edgy stuff (the only reason for the political stuff in the show). I watched the first season because I was bored, in my opinion its family guy tier.
>>
>>85428117
Family guy has much better quips, as does archer, as does futurama, as does Xavier renegade angel, and the list goes on. Additionally, these shows have other stuff going for them so they don't need to rely on quips in the first place
>>
I love the show because how it treats parallel universes/timelines, dimensions, stuff like that plus sci fi and aliens.

Rick being an antihero is not even a feature at this point it's pretty much the norm now.
>>
>>85428191
Yes, Family guy, so much depth.
>>
>>85427981
>Rick seems like the kinda guy to hate everyone and seems like someone /pol/ might like,

A douchy immature overgrown fratboy who thinks he can get away with everything? You might have a point there.
>>
>>85428191
I would agree on Archer and parts of Futurama, Family guy is trash tier and lowest common denominator though
>>
>>85427981
Your /pol/ meme is obvious bait.

This show is funny but I think Rick's sensibilities mean the more a person loves/identifies with this show, the more self-destructive and lost they are.
Like casual fans are generally normies.
But obsessive fans are manchildren, stoners and alcoholics.
>>
>>85428251
Has more clever humor than rick and Morty. The bar is not that high.
>>
File: 1470124125366[1].gif (981KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470124125366[1].gif
981KB, 500x255px
dude rick is so redpilled LOL
>>
I thought I'd hate it but then for some reason started watching it and it was pretty good.
>>
File: 1492478583650.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492478583650.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>85427981
>>
>>85427981

It's not so much that it pushes atheism, it's that it bashes Christianity.

There's an episode where Rick goes to Israel, and he says nothing about Orthodox Jews despite 18 minutes of the previous episode being a hateful monologue calling Jesus a faggot.

Anyway in the Israel episode he frequently states that Jews are 'God's chosen' and better than 'the dirty rat goyim'.

It really shocked me.
>>
>>85428409
2/10
>>
>>85427981
But /pol/ likes big, strong ALPHA men that love Nazis and hate niggers
>>
>>85429280
Back in my day, trolling meant something.
>>
>>85427981

>I relate to Rick a lot

Me too! I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92
>>
Very simple answer here. /tv/ hates Rick and Morty because reddit likes it.
>>
>>85429312
But reddit likes Batman vs. Superman and that movie is actually terrible
>>
>>85429312

I saw Rick at a grocery store in Tel-Aviv yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “GOD ISN'T REAL, GOD ISN'T REAL, GOD ISN'T REAL"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “FUCK GOD, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE, FUCK CHRISTIANS” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen quips in his hands without paying.

The vegan woman at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Haha, you're fucking epic good sir!” At first he kept pretending to be a cartoon character and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the quips and started scanning it , he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any white misogynist conservative infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. After she scanned each quip and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by talking loudly about how price is just a tool to oppress the proletariat by white, antisemitic males
>>
>>85428325
>>Like casual fans are generally normies.
But obsessive fans are manchildren, stoners and alcoholics.

I agree
>>
>>85429305
>>85429362
I think there is a lot of butthurt hiding beneath this copypasta
>>
>>85429415

I agree, he's probably just too unintelligent to understand RandM.

I'm new to this site and could use a friend, especially one as obviously enlightened as you, how do I upvote your post/ give you gold?
>>
>>85428104
Would you mind to drop some of that tons of info?
>>
>>85429457
Definitely a lot of butthurt. Why does this show make you so sad friendo?
>>
>>85429530

So you don't want me to upvote you?
>>
>>85427981

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/152959464619/manspology
>>
>>85427981
I'll just post this as a sage.
The place for cartoon garbage is /co/, stay in your containment board.
>>
>>85429608
bump
>>
File: 1494509623265.jpg (112KB, 724x958px) Image search: [Google]
1494509623265.jpg
112KB, 724x958px
>>85427981

The people who actually like the show already ignore these shitpost threads filled with contrarian edgelord manchildren. Don't forget that all of them watch the show religiously, because otherwise they'd have no material to shitpost with.

I like the show.
>>
why do we have this thread every day you fucking shill?
>>
the scenarios are original and inventive at least.
>>
>>85427981
it's a bit overrated and very reddit
>skool sux!
>god don't real morty
I still love it though
>>
>>85429305

What I never got:

Why bacon and why Sweden?
>>
>>85427981
because it's a meme show that's been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>85430137
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!
>>
File: RandM.jpg (713KB, 1383x6050px) Image search: [Google]
RandM.jpg
713KB, 1383x6050px
>>85431605
True.

People have built up the show so much that it is ridiculous. They think having a single episode that is slightly emotional makes the show down to Earth or realistic.

Seriously, I watched the show and thought it was okay, humour was okay and I liked the concept of several episodes but it is nothing beyond that.

Things like the attached meme make me want to kill myself, seriously. Its like these people have never watched anything other than this fucking show, Futurama is better in almost every way.
>>
I like it and think it's funny but I notice I don't agree with the taste of /tv/ in most cases. It's a hive mind of edgy manbabies. So where should I fuck off to? What subreddit exactly?
>>
File: Cringe.jpg (91KB, 720x876px) Image search: [Google]
Cringe.jpg
91KB, 720x876px
>9.3
That alone proves how fucking braindead the Rick and Morty audience is.
>>
>>85431758
BOOM! BIG REVEAL!
>>
i just like ren and stimpy

ima go watch that now actually, bye
>>
>>85432198
/thread/
>>
>>85432175
Trump should say this in his announcements
>>
>>85427981
It's an alright show, some episodes are good and some are bad. IMO although some jokes land pretty well (e.g. the butter robot), others are either a) Overused b)Don't land or c)Are played out by circle jerking fans (e.g. the whole sauce thing).
Also, Rick is a fucking asshole, and not a well-written or compelling one at that. At least a character like Bojack, who is also a fucking asshole, tries to become a better person and confronts the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>85431584
redditors are obsessed with both
>>
>>85434498

I know /pol/ is obsessed with Sweden but, like, negatively.
>>
>>85427981
A lot of people hate it because as soon as the characters reach some form of emotional depth, all the character development is blown out of the window and it turns into another "look at me, I'm Rick and I do weird shit" moment
>>
>>85427981
I like it too but the random xD humour definitely feels front page Reddit themed
>>
>>85431584
Bacon = Redditor catchphrase "Narwhal Bacons at Midnight"
Sweden = country filled with homosexuals and nerds/ often known as irl Reddit
>>
File: 1444448481379.png (231KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
1444448481379.png
231KB, 304x366px
>>85427981
It's a good show, /tv/ hates it because of the liberal agenda, and i do too, but politics asi is pretty good, literally just a parody of Back to the Future.

I am just worried in how much atheist edgy kids will this show create, probably an entire generation.
>>
Rick and Morty is a funny show.
>>
Not a bad show at all, I woulsnt say the humor is any smarter than futurama or even family guy but has its funny moments. But godamn if the fan base isnt the worst bunch of cancerous faggots on Earth
>>
>>85429415
There usually is
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.