[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Subject is one of more obscure antagonists of the Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: vlcsnap-2017-07-23-00h37m55s693.png (1MB, 1284x718px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-23-00h37m55s693.png
1MB, 1284x718px
>Subject is one of more obscure antagonists of the Marvel universe
>Excellent cinematography
>Brilliant storyboarding and direction
>Gorgeous 70's Mod aesthetics
>No hamfisted SJW moralizing
How did something this kino actually become a show in the current year, bros?
>>
i just finished it today, it really was a nice gem. bummed i didnt catch it when it was airing
>>
Season finale was lackluster considering the build up. What the fuck even is flight of the conchords power?
>>
>>85424183
>Season finale was lackluster considering the build up.
Yeah that's the case, but the climax really was the second to last episode.

Oliver is a highly-skilled telepath. Like a low-level Xavier with a lot more subtlety and inventiveness. When he constructs the shield to block the bullets he's using David's telekinesis to do it.
>>
>>85424183
generic uber psychic. he's not canon to Legion i the comics so who knows. pretty damn good tho, I actually like his character.
>>
>>85422732
This show was genetically engineered to appeal to a very niche species of gen-x viewer. I honestly had no idea there were enough of us to ever warrant this kind of expenditure.
>>
>>85425102
what did you mean by this?

tell me more about this niche
>>
>>85422732
So are you one of those paid disney posters i hear so much about?
>>
>>85425576
Legion is X-Men m8, Fox gets all the money not Disney. The Disney shills would be shilling against it, unless this is actually a reverse psychology shill job.
>>
>>85422732

Is that guy supposed to be the Beyonder?
>>
>>85422732
He's an antagonist? How?
Seems like a moron who got himself stuck. I stopped watching this show when they went in that house where they were all deaf. Good television, admittedly, to make the whole fucking scene rely on actors and their physical abilities, but I just ran out of steam. Worth finishing?
I also have the feeling that this show ruined season 3 of Fargo, which was absolute trash aside from Varga who clearly deserved better.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-25-00h18m12s878.png (1MB, 1284x718px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-25-00h18m12s878.png
1MB, 1284x718px
>>85425548
Comic nerds who read the original X-men Legion story arc in 1985, which occupied only three issues. But who also liked Jane's Addiction and some of the other 90s-era music in the show not typically enjoyed by comic fans. And the subset of these fans who grew up around the remains of their parent's Danish-modern furniture and accouterments; which also hearkens back to the x-men debut era of the 1960s which we knew we missed out on. So there's a couple layers of nostalgia for us.

Admittedly, that's not an infinitesimal demographic. But it's not a lot of people, and this show put a hell of a lot of production value into pandering to us.

>>85425576
Not everything is cynical shilling, anon. I'm sorry they hurt you.

>>85425827
He's sort of in a position of being a very limited Byeonder.
>>
>>85425916
I was referring to the comics, in which he's an antagonist. While not really malevolent, he's always a problem the heroes have to fix. He never overcomes anything or helps anyone.
>>
>>85426014
>this show put a hell of a lot of production value into pandering to us.
actually it goes straight to that aesthetic since it looks original if you look at every other thing ever made in media that isn't comics. X-men for way too much people are the X-men from the animated series.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-25-00h34m10s460.png (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-25-00h34m10s460.png
728KB, 1280x720px
>>85426096
Yeah. The show contains an enormous quantity of perfectly-preserved antiques, and probably a lot of bespoke fabrications too. Sets like this cost money. Lots of money.

That mod style wasn't even in the comics that I recall, and I collected for years, including back issues. It was included just so it would be a sort of nostalgic touchstone from the real childhoods of gen xers. This entire first season was all about childhood and memory, so there's another layer that adds to its appeal.

The more i think about it the more impressed I am. And the more unlikely it seems.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.