[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the verdict, /tv/? Also how should I see this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dunkirk-poster-600x889.jpg (95KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk-poster-600x889.jpg
95KB, 600x889px
So what's the verdict, /tv/?

Also how should I see this if I don't have any 70mm IMAX theater anywhere near me? Even outside of my state
>>
too many shills on here
>>
KINO
>>
I loved it as a historical movie that focused more on realism and capturing the timeline and feel of the event more than anything. No need for lame characters with their made up backstories, just enough character to give you a point to follow through this historical event.

I saw it in regular IMAX and it looked awesome. 70mm is only important if you care about that kind of stuff.
>>
so far the best movie of the year.
>>
>>85419002
Was 6/10 for me . Really struggling to understand why it's rated so highly
>>
>>85419002
I thought it was incredible. Just a very solid and compelling movie. Lots of practical effects, great cinematography, and an interesting structure
>>
>>85419645
because you have ADHD and need shit explained to you through exposition and are unable to appreciate visual storytelling
>>
People who complain that there wasn't enough characters in Dunkirk probably think that 2001 sucked too
>>
>>85419850
That's no excuse, I understood the movie just fine it was just really forgettable. It looked pretty though
>>
>>85419002
I saw it on digital at a local theater, you don't need to see it in 70mm, but it might help somewhat. It was kind of dull and ponderous to be honest, although it wasn't a chore to sit through and was obviously very well made. That people here think it's a pleb filter is pretty silly, it's not great art or anything, but it's better than most movies to come out of Hollywood recently (not really saying much).
>>
>>85419850
oh ffs enough of this shit.
>you have adhd
the movie was non stop action, how is this a point?
>need shit explained
there was nothing to be explained. very simple movie, with no real plot other than the real life history.
>unable to appreciate visual story telling
my favorite movies are tarkovsky and malick movies so this is just a flat out lie
stop acting like this movie is high art or anything like that. its just a fucking war movie and standards are so low that anything non cape shit blows you away. i hate nolan drones acting like this movie is too smart for people and they dont get it. theres nothing to get.
>>
>>85420486
desu I think this is Nolan's best and it is noteworthy and not just another war movie. I don't really think it's 2deep4u or anything
>>
>>85419002
Just watch it in the best theater you can find. Focus on the sound quality because this movie had fucking brilliant gun/bomb/plane effects. It sounds like an actual gun is being shot many times.
>>
>>85419002
It needed subtitles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.