[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never expected Nolan to make a pleb filter at all, let alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: dunkirk-poster[1].jpg (171KB, 1200x1779px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk-poster[1].jpg
171KB, 1200x1779px
I never expected Nolan to make a pleb filter at all, let alone such an effective one, but he really nailed it. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many utter plebs shrieking about "muh plot" and "muh characters." Bravo, Nolan. Bravo.
>>
>>85413880

I've noticed a lot of people that don't like Dunkirk are the ones that were expecting like a Saving Private Ryan film.

Why?

You want another cliche, generic heroic war film???? We have hundreds of them already.
>>
File: Nolan.webm (30KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Nolan.webm
30KB, 600x315px
>a 500 millions dollars blockbuster influenced by Bresson, literally not a single line of dialogue, actually not a single character, just the camera lingering on grains of sand for three hours with the faint sound of explosions and waves on the beach in the background
>the biggest plebfilter anyone has ever done since the silent era, in fact
the absolute mad man
>>
>>85413880
I can't believe no one is pointing out that he just screened the film Small Roads with explosions sound effects added in post. The lack of any beaches, weapons, and soldiers was a dead giveaway to me.
>>
File: 9-11 british.jpg (217KB, 858x990px) Image search: [Google]
9-11 british.jpg
217KB, 858x990px
>"Is everyone evacuated?"
>"Yeah - we're done, Kirk."

FUCKING HELL NOLAN
>>
File: Bresson (5).jpg (25KB, 375x337px) Image search: [Google]
Bresson (5).jpg
25KB, 375x337px
>Nolan: (Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

Imagine Nolan actually going full Bresson, taking billions of dollars from the studios to make true plebfilters like this

>Mauro Bolognini invited me to a dinner in honor of Robert Bresson who had been in Rome for the past few weeks preparing an episode of The Bible, a movie produced by Dino De Laurentiis with various directors. Bresson had chosen Noah’s Ark. Before I was introduced, Bolognini told me that Bresson was in a rather bad mood and briefly explained why.

>That morning, while Bresson was lecturing, Dino De Laurentiis had gone to the studio and witnessed huge cages containing wild animals arriving in pairs: two lions, male and female, two giraffes, male and female, two hippos, male and female, etc. A few hours later, Dino told Bresson that he was excited to be the only producer on earth able to bring the elevated Maestro down to earth, to produce a film with real production values…

>'On ne verra que leur traces sur le sable (One will see only their footprints in the sand),' Bresson whispered to Dino. An hour later he was fired.

I wanna see this so bad
>>
File: Bank_Manager.jpg (11KB, 314x301px) Image search: [Google]
Bank_Manager.jpg
11KB, 314x301px
"I like the way you wear your uniform, mate."
"Yeah, you got some Style(s), Harry."

CHRIST ALIVE NOLAN REALLY?
>>
>>85414631
kek
>>
So many people on Facebook were commenting how bad it is
Really shocked me toobh
>>
>>85413880
>I can't remember the last time

Literally last month with Baby Driver
>>
>>85415145
plebs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.