[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they suddenly start changing the production budget of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why did they suddenly start changing the production budget of this movie?

For many months it has been listed as $209,000,000 USD on every source of thaqt type of info. It was even listed as that on Box Office Mojo

Today I refresh the tab to see how bad it's doing and now the production budget is listed as $177,200,000 and this number is now put all over the places (in various currencies) where it used to say $209m USD

Are they trying to cover up how badly this is bombing and make the loss look a bit less terrible?
>>
Money laundering
>>
>>85404713
>Money laundering

That would lead to the budget being inflated, not deflated.

>>85404683
>Are they trying to cover up how badly this is bombing and make the loss look a bit less terrible?

I'd imagine that some of the originally stated budget was offset by something like rebates or tax credits, bringing down the final total.
>>
it flopped so hard they can write a chunk of it off.
>>
>>85404683
>Refresh the Valerian tab
Wew. Get a life.
>>
>>85405578

Having a tab open is some sort of monumental feat for this board?
>>
When I looked at the Dunkirk budget a while ago it said $500,000,000. Must have been a mistake because it's so far off what it says now, and seems absolutely ridiculous regardless. Still weird for me though because I kind of believed it for about a month til it changed suddenly
>>
>>85405578
Yeah this. As we all know, it takes so much effort to have a tab open that it really makes life unlivable.

I used to have tabs open and I was a hermit in my basement. Then one day I closed my tabs and I got a girlfriend from it. Closed a few more and suddenly I was a Chad. Get a life OP
>>
>>85405669
>Monumental feat
?
>>
>>85405787

>You pressed ctrl-t? Fucking loser get a life

I know /tv/ is on part with /v/ for being technologically retarded, but it's no "lifeless" feat to open a tab. They even save between sessions if you close your browser.
>>
>>85405834
>Monitoring over produced shit movies to check how well they are doing
You tell me what kind of "person" does this.
>>
>>85404683
>Today I refresh the tab to see how bad it's doing and now the production budget is listed as $177,200,000 and this number is now put all over the places (in various currencies) where it used to say $209m USD
>Are they trying to cover up how badly this is bombing and make the loss look a bit less terrible?
Okay, the company who made this isn't going to lose money directly, they paid for the production by presales. That said it hurts the company as they won't be able to presell as much in future productions.

the 209-177 million is that Europa put 40 millon of there own money for promotion, which they are now moving off to another line item.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.