/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Christopher Norefund's latest masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Christopher Nolan.jpg (33KB, 329x512px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher Nolan.jpg
33KB, 329x512px
Thoughts on Christopher Norefund's latest masterpiece - Dunkirk™?
>>
>>85387257
I watched it last night, it was a competent movie, which in his case, has been the best since The Dark Knight, but his directing is still bland, he has no vision
>>
>>85387327
>but his directing is still bland, he has no vision
What's going on? I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing the same thing. Great cinematography, terrible direction.
>>
>>85387375
It's just that Nolan does not seem to have a thought put into affecting the audience in any major way. He does have the technical aspects down, but he puts emotion and humanity behind sound design, cinematography, staging, etc.
>>
>>85387327
>,
>,
>,
>,
>,
learn how to structure a sentence if you want to sound smart you fucking faggot
>>
File: IMG_1084.jpg (294KB, 1125x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1084.jpg
294KB, 1125x1252px
Was the entire fate of Tom Hardy just Nolan's acknowledgment of Bane posting?
>>
>>85387375
Pleb plot driven anons found it boring so they make up some bullshit arguments like "bland direction"

It's a vast improvent for Nolan (minimal dialogue, no poor close quarter choreography, straightforward simple story) and undeniably one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.
>>
>>85387647
I'm haven't slept and I'm not gonna write a fucking A+ essay for you on a goddamn albanian arms-dealing forum you fucking jackass
>>
>>85387712
Yes
>>
It was pretty boring, Christopher Nolan is one of the most overrated directors at the moment.
>>
It's a masterpiece.
>>
File: 20170724_222359.jpg (268KB, 939x673px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_222359.jpg
268KB, 939x673px
A mistake
>>
>>85387714
I didn't find it boring, and I'm one of those people that say Dunkirk had bland direction. What do you gotta say about that bitch?
>>
>>85387257

kinography of the highest order
>>
*crashing this plane, with no survivors*

*safely lands this plane, with survivors*

Pottery ?
>>
Not gonna bother. The only thing this guy was ever good for was his unique ideas. He is not a good writer or film maker, he never was. He just has unique concepts.
>>
>>85387864
This
>>
>>85387864
>>85387891
He has other good qualities, like his insistence on using practical effects. Those spitfires did not look CGI, because they weren't. Those ships knocking over didn't look like shit or those thousands of people on the beach like a star wars clone army because they were all real.
>>
>>85388037
Pretty neat, but beyond that?
>>
>>85387257
In the era of garbage capeshits he's the only saviour we have
>>
>>85388265
Plebian, fix your eyes on pic related
This is the one who will deliver us
>>
>>85388210
Well I loved the movie so I'm not exactly the one to find "redeeming qualities" since I think his movies are great.
His cinematography is the best among Hollywood directors with blockbuster budgets. I like his movies. I like how he isn't afraid to use his name to get a movie made that would've never passed test audience screenings or committee review. There was so much going on but very little of it was blatant. And every shot looked wonderful. I liked the characters, the dialogue felt realistic and the acting was good. It's a good movie and a nice change of pace.
>>
File: 1500587414263.jpg (60KB, 561x552px) Image search: [Google]
1500587414263.jpg
60KB, 561x552px
>>85387257

>"Alas, I have become The Dunkirk"
>>
>>85387327
>>85387812
>DUDE BLAND DIRECTION LMAO
You sound like pseuds who don't know anything about filmmaking.
>>
>>85388471
>DUDE PSEUDS LMAO
>DUDE FILMMAKING LMAO
See, I can make shitty meme arguments as well
>>
>>85387257
>"Are we done here"
>"We're done, Kirk"
bravo nolan
>>
File: Okay.png (643KB, 1027x536px) Image search: [Google]
Okay.png
643KB, 1027x536px
It was decent to say the least.
Nice use of color composition, albeit it was a very generic/common one (blue and orange).
Harry Styles was a competent actor but the story that revolved around the frog and his other friend was unnecessary. Enjoyed Tom Hardy's role in it.
>>
>>85389219
Your very first post was a shitty meme argument.
>>
>>85390023
I made a comment on Nolan's work, you were making an argument about my comment, you know how stupid that sounds?
>>
>>85387712
Kek just watched it and hell yes
>>
>>85387850
Bravo!
>>
>>85389973
뻥긋뻥긋
>>
Dunkirk was enjoyable, however...

Does anyone else think the plan to make it a 1 hour 40 minute suspense thriller was the wrong decision?

It would have been much better if it was a 2 hour and something war epic with much more character building. We didn't need the continuous Hans Zimmer score (as great as it was). It would have been far more effective if the movie was broken up slightly.

I would have liked to see more destruction of boats and there should have been an Atonement-style scene where we see the true scale of Dunkirk. It felt like we were focused on a few thousand men at most.

Also, if the movie was R rated then we could have spent more time in the towns surrounding Dunkirk and watching the utter destruction of British/French soldiers which would have boosted the stakes.
>>
>>85390269
Your comment was vague pseudo-criticism.
>>
Hans Zimmer is laughing right now.
tick tick tick: got paid for nothing
>>
>>85393195
I agree.

There was potential. The plane scenes especially where awesome. But come on, three French guys behind bags of sand? Also, what is seriously missing is the unbelievable amount of equipment that was left behind on the beach. I saw that on old pictures, and that was really more impressive than a few thousand guys standing in line on the beach.

A remake of Weekend at Dunkirk, with more screen presence from Tom Hardy (like Belmondo was playing a main character against Dunkirk used as a backdrop) would have been maybe better.

My 2 cents.
>>
>>85393410
Shut up.
>>
>>85388471
I know lots about filmmaking, and can confirm, his direction is bland. Also, the negative space in his close-ups is about the ugliest sight in contemporary movies. He has no ideas at all. The comparisons to Kubrick just prove that our culture still hasn't caught up with Kubrick and doesn't deserve him.
>>
>>85393195
>1 hour 40 minute suspense thriller
You wot m8? Did he really do this? That's ridiculous.
>>
>>85387581
The only emotion when youre helplessly being picked off on a beach or a sinking ship is utter terror. He got that down pretty good.
>>
>>85387712
I understand the mask but why is he wearing bane's coat?
>>
>>85387257
He peaked with Following.
>>
>>85393195
Just Nolan being Nolan. He's too autistic to do character stuff that people can relate to so he plays to his strengths by making a 100-minute thriller that never slows down or stops moving and gets Hans Zimmer to do a score that never slows down or stops moving.

Good movie on the whole.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.