[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone that isn't a pleb explain what their fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 11

Can someone that isn't a pleb explain what their fucking problem is with this kino
>>
>>85378994
Do they say what he's listening to
>>
Because everything this movie did, his previous work did much better
>>
>>85379301
>previous works: comedies
>this work: not a comedy

Wow you're right
>>
>>85378994
iunno. i think im becoming a huge fucking curmudgeon. so much of this movie pissed me off. right at the start with him doing all that shit on his walk just made me think no one would be doing that in public, you'd look like a retard. i hate the actors face so much. no fucking way some chick you literally just met would wait 5 years for you while you were in prison. the dudes a great driver but an aggressively stupid criminal that keeps letting people recognize him by not wearing a mask. half the car chases wouldnt even be necessary if he didn't drive like a maniac grabbing everyones attention and just drove normally. why the fuck did his mob boss dude sacrifice himself to protect him? it doesnt seem in character, i thought he'd kill the kid the instant the kid fucked up the job for him like the asian one but instead he fucking dies FOR the kid? what?

all nit picks though, movie was probably good, but too much bothered me for me to enjoy it.
>>
>>85378994
Nothing happened, literally no plot. It's just noise!
>>
>>85381793
Yeah you're a curmudgeon
>>
>>85381793
it's very rare for autists to be this self aware
I admire your honesty
>>
>>85381926
everythings a nit pick except the mob boss part. why would he protect the kid? it makes no sense
>>
File: beastial.jpg (49KB, 523x395px) Image search: [Google]
beastial.jpg
49KB, 523x395px
>>85378994
This movie was a dumpster fire from the beginning bell bottoms autism scene. Mislead, confusing character motives, bad acting, shitty plot due to bad acting, bad dialogue, pointless scenes.

Rewatch Drive instead. Superior in every way. Baby driver movie is a 2/10 at best because of 1-2 cool driving scenes.
>>
Weak motivations. The second half of the movie fucks it up. I honestly can't understand most of the praise given this movie. It's just a fun one time watch, then watch the car scenes again on youtube.
>>
>>85381793
the only part I really agree with is Kevin Spacey siding with him, that felt out of place.
>>
>>85378994
It's fucking shit.
Obviously a fucking moron like you would like this garbage.
>>
>>85381986
Fellow /o/tist here I completely agree.

I love Edgar's previous movies even the start of world's end but babby driver just wasn't very good.

Characters motivations where poorly explained nothing they did made sense and the movies logic was deeply flawed.

The movie was as deep as a kiddy pool and tone deaf.

Would have been a good short but not a 2 hour movie.

Clearly missing pegg and Frost's influence as they are all doing their own things but yeah I didn't like it either.

The drop in quality across the board was evident since world's end leaving Scott Pilgrim and parts of any man as his last good work.

Is he gonna make anything else? I hope it's not more American drivvel
>>85382026
Help help the quality of Edgar Wright's movies has fallen
>>
File: slutty.jpg (70KB, 1024x912px) Image search: [Google]
slutty.jpg
70KB, 1024x912px
>>85382122
Its obvious why he was fired from ant-man, his writing is shit. Ant man was halarious, im glad his ass got canned. I think you're right about Pegg/Frost propping him up.
>>
>>85382070
yeah i know right?

asian dude fucks up the job a tiny bit by leaving the shotgun and he gets killed for it. kid COMPLETELY fucks up the job, brings all kinds of heat onto mob boss and he still sides with the kid? fine, if hes meant to be this father figure, i can roll with that, but then why have him threaten to kill everyone he loves and mutilate his girlfriend if this guy is on babys side?

it was just weird
>>
Edgar Wright should stay in England where he belongs. His movies in burgerland kinda suck. Take out Evan's cameo in Scott Pilgrim and it's a bit shit.
>>
>>85382182
Yeah for once I'm siding with marvel like why did he drag his feet? Probably has got no chops outside of directing and that's fine but yeah baby driver is so fucken over rated it hurts
>>85382189
It's Edgar Wright's 3rd act tweest except this time it was even worse than a shamalamadingeongs
>>
File: aaron paul.jpg (42KB, 603x700px) Image search: [Google]
aaron paul.jpg
42KB, 603x700px
>the quality of the grammar in the posts that didn't like it
>>
>muh plot
and then I thought people here were kinosseurs and appreciated movies as a visual medium, not just as an easy way to feed them stories
>>
>>85378994
There's absolutely nothing remarkable about it.
>>
>>85378994
I walked out after the first five minutes. Nobody would ever drive a red car to a bank robbery.
>>
>>85381793
>Kevin Spaceys character
>Threathen the MC, say you'll fuck his GF up
>Later on he just changes his mind about not only fucking her up but the whole concept of them being together, now it's cute to him
>Make a big deal about not working with the same people and that Baby is his lucky charm
>A scene later, he recruits the same people for a heist
>>
I actually think Jay kind of nailed it. His other films kind of try to put a twist on the genre they are in. They become part parody but then also take the genre seriously and are enjoyable in that way. This never really did that. It didn't provide the same type of commentary on the genre that his other films do and, other than the way it was made, doesn't do anything clever within the genre. The main plot points and how the story develops is quite basic and the romance plot isn't all that developed or interesting. Usually when Edgar Wright deals with movie clichés it is done in a tongue in cheek kind of way but that wasn't the case in this. Thus once you take away the gimmick of having the soundtrack integrated so well in the movie and the cool chase scenes, the movie doesn't really stand out as much. Still a lot of fun tho
>>
File: arrival-tight.jpg (122KB, 1600x888px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-tight.jpg
122KB, 1600x888px
>>85382182
couldn't help it.
>>
>Jamie Foxx can't act
>dialogue all-round is badly written, especially Spacey's character
>second half of the movie seems like an afterthought
>final fight between baby and jon hamm's character was dumb
>soundtrack isn't as good as wright clearly thought it was and not nearly strong enough to be the movie's main gimmick
>>
>>85378994
>MUH NEO RETRO

fuck off with your trash
>>
>>85378994
https://youtu.be/WA9lfxbaHvk
edgar Wright is overrated aND so is this movie
>>
>>85378994
no soul, emotion, or feeling.
>>
>>85378994
it had no style or grace
>>
It's a film made by a cinephile without much thought or insight put into the themes it portrays (the image of the girl dressed in 50s attire in front of a Caddy going from b&w to coloured pretty much conveys what the film is trying to do, without much else going for it). Everybody is a cartoon, a cutboard cut-out designed to fill time between well designed yet vain montage-driven driving sequences. When I see the film, I can only think about the director thinking how cool this scene is going to look, not much more. Also, the protagonist can't switch off duck face hahaha
>>
>>85378994
You can practically hear it
>>
it's just boneless drive
>>
The start was tolerable, but by the end with Jon Hamm becoming a terminator, it just become stupid.

Hot Fuzz is still his best film.
>>
>>85388705
boneless pizza xD
>>
Really nice film
>>
>>85378994
nothing is wrong with it. the brave, loyal defenders of 4chan hate it because Reddit likes it.
>>
>>85378994
89% like it but /tv/ hates it, how typical

i didn't like it either
>>
>>85388041
There was when he saved the woman from going into the post office. Idiot.
>>
>>
>Frank Underwood
>Don Draper
>Ray
>The Punisher
>all in one movie

it was destined to be great.
>>
>>85381828
> just noise

> protagonist is mute grew up with deaf foster parent

POTTERY
>>
Romance was stale
>>
>>85378994
It was an alright flick, good for an afternoon's entertainment but not much more. I'll certainly never watch it again.
That cringy intro scene ripped straight out of Spodermen 3 was fucking awful though.
>>
File: IMG_7805.jpg (151KB, 638x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7805.jpg
151KB, 638x714px
>Trailer(s) advertised a comedy
>It's actually a drama with no character development and an Oedipus complex
>3rd act is a snoozer comparable to a Marvel climax
>American Police are stormtroopers except when the plot needs to happen
>Kevin Spacey is all of a sudden willing to die for Miles Teller despite having threatened him, his... girlfriend, his foster parent, and Baby himself
>The Punisher is top billed yet completely absent for 95% of the movie
>The Ending

I mean really, what am I going to rewatch it for? The opening? I'll catch that shit on youtube.
>>
It's Drive for teenagers.
>>
>>85391827
Drive is Drive for teenagers.
>>
>>85378994
It's bad.
>>
>>85381098
That's the point. It makes this movie even less impressive by comparison
>>
>>85391902
>thinking a teenager would be able to sit through Drive
>>
>>85394024
I watched it when I was 14 and sat all the way through it
>>
>>85378994
It takes itself a little too seriously, and the lead looks like he is 12 years old. I would have preferred more car chases and the movie to be a little shorter. I enjoyed it anyway because I had low expectations.
>>
>>85378994
jamie foxx character makes zero sense. serves no purpose than to be annoying and create false tension

jon hamm character goes from older brother/surrogate homie to a big bad terminator hellbent on killing mc?

garbage movie decorated well by music that appeals to plebs.

good action tho, well directed car scenes
>>
>>85386467
>Make a big deal about not working with the same people
With the same crew.
Baby is in every heist, the other people don't know each other.
It was obvious that the couple know baby before the first heist, "that's why we call him baby".
>>
>>85382189
>but then why have him threaten to kill everyone he loves and mutilate his girlfriend if this guy is on babys side?
Because it's a fucking threat, he know the kid will eat it right away.
The kid was threaten for years, he is just an easy target.
>>
>the state of /tv/ right now
jesus christ
>>
>>85386258
the whole point of the scene was to bait them with the red car fucking dumbass.
>>
>>85379218
We listen what he's listening
>>
>Spacey throws his life away because "I was in love once"

Completely out of character and fucking stupid. In reality he would have murdered Miles for basically betraying him and ruining his business.
>>
>>85394307
>the lead looks like he is 12 years old.
>the movie is called "Baby Driver"
anon..
>>
>>85378994
Baby's relationship with Deborah isn't developed well. Kevin Spacey's character's decision to save Baby in the end doesn't make much sense. Otherwise it's a pretty good movie. Only plebs will rag on the soundtrack.
>>
Does anyone else think that Buddy did absolutely nothing wrong? Like in a different movie, Buddy would be the tortured anti-hero trying to avenge his loved one by killing the impulsive, autistic, cocky driver.
>>
>>85381098
There are funny moments, can't really put it into a genre.
>>
The New Yorker review nailed it when they said that the lead isn't cool enough for the movie. The whole point is that the movie is cooooooool and jukebox bullshit that people are enamored by but angel dimseldorf is shithouse.
>>
John Hamm is the fucking terminator in this movie
>>
Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz: Le reddit the bacon!!!!!!
Baby Driver: Fun, exciting homage to classic heist films
>>
>>85399287
>when he's in the diner looking coked up and like he's been crying
Jon Hamm was so good. I love it when the "villain" is somewhat sympathetic.
>>
I see a lot of people on here talking trash about the film. Their opinions are undermined by the fact they could never make a movie one tenth as good, and don't know the first thing about movies
>>
>>85389545
is there any movie that reddit doesn't like? srs question, I've never been there
>>
>>85399903
>you cant criticize a film unless you have an oscar!!!
Lmao why are you so mad that people dont like this shit movie?
>>
Debbie was 2qt and Baby didn't deserve her, he's too much of a sperg.
>>
>>85400039
Go watch fast and furious or something
>>
>>85378994
I like the movie but I can tell you some problems with it. Mostly relating to character. Baby is a great protagonist but his romance with Deborah was undercooked. As villains go, Jon Hamm was perfectly cast to play the burnt out sweaty undercut guy in the final battle, but his character wasn't set up sufficiently as such. Like you can tell Edgar Wright wanted to subvert audience expectations by killing off Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey, but it didn't accomplish much more than that because the lack of real development for Buddy in relation to Baby reduced the stakes in their fight, When you're staging the final confrontation of your film, you want both the hero and villain to have emotional stakes. Buddy certainly did, but Baby was just trying to survive/escape/calm Buddy down.
>>
>>85399287
At that stage I just saw him as an arsehole standing in the way of baby's happiness. I saw myself in baby.
>>
File: 1473564361327.png (574KB, 641x521px) Image search: [Google]
1473564361327.png
574KB, 641x521px
>when Darling starts using Buddy's real name once the panic of being absolutely fucked sets in
wtf I hate Baby now
>>
>>85400541
They both were fighting for their women, one to avenge her, other to protect her, I saw no issues with their motivations.
>>
My only problem was some of the odd dialogue and the "twist" ending. Could've ended generically. Also I would've watched a car chase rather than whatever the fuck happened in the csr park. Music was alright, I kept tapping to the beat during the movie.
>>
>>85394162
underage pls leave
>>
>lol I was in love once
Spacey's character was the worst part of the movie. For fucks sakes, what an asspull.
>>
>>85400977
I liked seeing a down and dirty foot chase desu. Hocus Pocus is also a great pick.
>>
Felt like Spiderman 3 with that stupid dancing Baby was doing while getting coffee.
>>
>>85401071
He always was a father figure to Baby, the speech about breaking his legs was largely to make him reach his true potential and earn money.
>>
>>85400373
Uhh this movie was literally the fast and the furious tier with a "cool" hipster aesthetic.
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>85382070
>>85382189
>>85382256
>>85397505
Alright, listen up.

Spacey treated Baby the same way he treated his nephew. He genuinely cared about Baby, knew all about his home, made them leave the old dude alive, etc. Baby wasn't just his good luck charm, he wanted Baby to inherit his job, which is why he left it up to Baby whether to go through with it or not, when he said "time to make a big boy decision" he was showing Baby absolute trust.

Once Bats fucked everything up Spacey's character already knew they were fucked, the crooked cops were on the way, and likely they were all going to die regardless of whether the heist went good or bad. It's why his hands are trembling while he's putting away the cars.

The reason he let them live and helped them was because Edgar wanted it to be poetic, Bats said "once you catch feelings you're dead", and Spacey's character caught feelings and died.
>>
>>85401515
Imagine not being able to understand a movie like Baby Driver, good God.
>>
>>85401515
hm okay, that's fair actually.
>>
It looks like embarrassing schlock this has no substance and exists only to be cool. Has nothing to say. Why should I spend 2 hours watching this shit? And it's not even that it's a comedy, comedies can have substance. This just looks like uh oh, quirky funny brit man is back with his rapid fire editing and quick draw punchlines. Let me guess, the main character is completely unlikable and murmurs some dumb ass punchline after every expository conversation that the side characters have. Then he does an epic burnout while they're being chased by gunmen. Ballroom Blitz or some shit for the soundtrack.
>>
>>85403414
Yes, that's exactly it. Do you feel better?
>>
>>85400579
From my point of view, Baby is evil.
>>
Him recording criminal conversations was retarded, even an autist would know that could get him killed.
>>
>>85378994
None, some people are just too bitter to like anything.
>>
>>85403414
What a useless post.
>>
>>85399903
This is a middle school argument. That is like saying I can't say an NBA player sucks because I don't play professional basketball.
>>
The music shtick gets old quick.

Foxx should have been the actual villain in the end, not Hamm.

The first heist scene was the best part of the movie.
>>
La La Land was better.
>>
File: 1498688215257.jpg (228KB, 1047x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1498688215257.jpg
228KB, 1047x1307px
>>85409577
>Foxx should have been the actual villain in the end, not Hamm.
Hamm was easily one of the best parts of the movie though. Foxx was a fun character, but he was too obvious as le random unpredictable psycho. Watching a professional go completely apeshit after a personal loss was way more interesting.
>>
>>85409856
I guess so. But Hamm is so likeable until his girlfriend gets got. It was a bizarre 180 for his character. Plus his gf was a bitch so it was kind of hard to feel for him.

Foxx was just an easy antagonist to have as a villain, I do agree. The way he went out was pretty good, though.
>>
>>85410074
>his gf was a bitch
Was she though? She was pretty chill the entire movie, for a bank robber at least. She even stood up for Baby when Shane was fucking with him.
>>
>>85410074
At least it was foreshadowed in the diner scene when she talks about how he can go real crazy when he's mad.

Plus they also mention he killed someone just for eyeing her up.
>>
>>85410074
I liked the hints throughout the movie about just how dangerous Buddy is. Like when Baby is about to bail before the last heist and he just appears out of nowhere in front of a car like a horror movie villain. But, first time watching, you never expect him being a threat to Baby.
>>
I was kinda disappointed that Jon Bernthal had only a few minute cameo.
>>
>>85397569
why?
>>
>>85412476
They switch cars afterwards that have more inconspicuous colors.
>>
>>85378994
It's really a shame that it doesn't do anything better with its gimmick.
Like the music timing with all the sounds was cool, but like every time I noticed it, I felt like it was a little weak. Easily the best moment was when he kept upping the windshield wipers to time with the songs changing tempo.
>>
File: 1443134884627.jpg (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443134884627.jpg
37KB, 250x250px
>>85382917
This. Goddamn it.
>>
Ansel Elgort in this movie reminds me of Elliot Rodger.
>>
>>85413717
The gunshots synced to the music were the best desu.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.