[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you do without imdb message boards to read discussions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: HYS-imdb-messageboards.jpg (111KB, 860x318px) Image search: [Google]
HYS-imdb-messageboards.jpg
111KB, 860x318px
what do you do without imdb message boards to read discussions about a specific film? I still can't believe those fucks shut it down all because trump won.
>>
No, they shutted it because of the sheer fucking cancer that was the boards for popular movies -- worse than here, worse than even fucking /r/movies!
>>
No it was because of politics. Endless shit flinging by trumptards and libshits. Basically it turned into what is now /tv/ thanks to the redditors from /poll/ and r/The_Dolan.
>>
>>85376103
I still can't believe they did it either. Limping by on TMDb but it just isn't the same.
>>
>>85376222
>>85376435
This, /tv/ reddit letterboxd twitter its all full of assholes. The internet was supposed to be cool not a cancer holier than thou shit.
>>
>>85376222
>>85376435
actually it was the thriving pedophilia trading that prompted them to close it down, I still dont know why youtube hasnt followed
>>
>everything that happens revolves around my infantile political views
>>
>>85376103
Disney shut it down because the Marvel and Star Wars discussion were full of people ridiculing their movies.
>>
85376435 85378306 Maybe all those factors are the reason for that closure
>>
File: when the diarheaa strikes.jpg (44KB, 320x440px) Image search: [Google]
when the diarheaa strikes.jpg
44KB, 320x440px
There was a recent libel ruling that said websites that don't take down libelous 3rd party content can be found culpable.

Real websites have Jannies or an automated system. IMDB always was a skeleton operation run by interns and half wits. They couldn't police one message board for every actor and one message board for every movie in existence.

It was much easier to shut them down. Especially since the studios and actors didn't like the gossip and hot nerd takes anyway.

It's too bad since they shut it down I rarely if ever use IMDB anymore except to look up a specific actor.
>>
File: 1444966203849.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444966203849.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>>85376222
the average poster on a Nolan or Tarantino movie was probably braindead but it was nice to have a popular forum with running discussion on every film in the database

you could pick something semi-obscure like a lesser known Rohmer or Wim Wenders movie and some middle aged guy would have a few paragraphs about the theatre he saw it in in the mid 70s and a pretty lengthy analysis.
also for basic questions that nagged on every viewer, simple things like "who killed X character?" you could go to IMDB and there'd be a thread discussing the various possibilities and implications. it just worked.

the transitory nature of 4chan and reddit discussion means threads are repeated, and discussions repeat themselves instead of collecting and building with time. you can use the archive but have fun going through every thread ever made on the film.

RIP IMDB
RIP freedom of speech
>>
double edged sword, i enjoyed imdb for the sheer retardation and autism that was unparalleled on the internet but thats what killed it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.