[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is season 10 the last "real" Simpsons season since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is season 10 the last "real" Simpsons season since it's the last one that Phil Hartman contributed to?
>>
>>85372732
yeah. but here's the specific reasons i can come up with
> in 1998 (before season 10) the voice actors demanded a bigger paycheck per episode. The show didn't belong to the writers anymore.
> Mike Scully's tenure as showrunner marked the start of the show's decline in quality. seasons 9-12
>>
Yes. Season 10 was the tipping point. Almost everything past it, Season 11 onward, was mostly trash.
>>
>>85373142
I agree. Season 10 is 1/3rd bad, 2/3rd good while season 11 is 2/3rd bad 1/3rd good.

I think the fast drop in quality is because they let Mike scully do four seasons, when previous showrunners only got two seasons each, to keep the show fresh and varied.

If someone else took over for s11, the show would've still declined, it was already declining in s10, but it wouldn't have dropped at a quicker rate.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170708_010021.png (268KB, 1336x524px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170708_010021.png
268KB, 1336x524px
>>85373245
>>
>>85373709
Most people have known this for 20 years, it's not a revelation
>>
The show changed but didn't necessarily become shit until around 2002 I'd say. That Yvon Eht Nioj episode was probably the last sorta funny episode I've seen of the show and I think it came out around that time.
>>
>>85373245
And then Al Jean took over for half the damn show.
>>
The john swartzwelder episodes still go on being decently strong for a while. Another big piece to it's quality lost with the transitions in the early 2000s.
>>
>>85376705
But Swartzwelder wrote Kill the alligator and run which is super terrible
>>
Apparently they recorded a version of Treehouse of Horror IX where Troy Mcclure hosted World's deadliest executions, but they scrapped it when it was ready to air because Phil hartman had been murdered, and they didn't want his character to go out in an ominous and distasteful way.

I'm a Troy Mcclure fan (who isn't?) and am rather interested in seeing this version. Anyone here thought about asking one of the writers on Twitter about it?
>>
>>85376838
He also checked out mentally. He's written more memorable episodes and lines than anyone else, not to mention contribution on other episodes. Gotta give him credit. His books aren't bad either.
>>
>>85377005
Yep true. I've also heard they banned smoking and drinking in the writers' room around when Mike Scully became showrunner, thus Swartzwelder would spend more time smoking and drinking out at the nearby bar and less time in the writers' room.

This would perhaps indicate that the new writing staff they hired rewrote his ideas into unfunniness.
>>
The show died alongside Maude.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.