[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Being a hero is hard. This was maybe my answer to Marvel,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg (306KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-ZACK-SNYDER-facebook.jpg
306KB, 2000x1000px
>Being a hero is hard. This was maybe my answer to Marvel, whom, as much as I admire them, I do quibble with. Marvel had a very childish philosophy: that if the hero was a good man, the villain would be defeated. The hero is good and the villain is evil. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Marvel can say that the Avengers beat Thanos and everything was fine afterwards, and they were heroic and just. But Marvel doesn’t ask the question: How does the world react to the presence of living gods among men? Do they intervene in foreign wars? What do they do in times of genocide where world powers refuse to intervene? Do they enter and impliment their own justice? Who's justice to they implement? Do they work with America's allies? Even when those allies are guilty of genocide and use of poison gas to murder children in their cradles?

Now that the dust has settled is /tv/ ready to admiteverything you love about Zack Snyder is what you hate about George RR Martin?
>>
>>85371464
A Song of Ice and Fire is good fantasy though. It's just the show being tumblr garbage.
>>
>>85371464
>Being a hero is hard.
Not really.
In fact, a lot of them would probably enjoy having a good reason to just mindlessly kill a fuckload of people.
>>
>>85371676
Those aren't real heroes then.

An actual superhero, in the sense of the word, is supposed to have a no kill rule. Or at least not kill on sight rule. This is why movie heroes are kinda bad, they always kill too much.
>>
>>85371808
Literally only Batman has a no kill rule.

>Those aren't real heroes then.
You can't know, they don't exist.
>>
>>85371842
Almost all DC heroes avoid killing though, they do it only as a last resort.

Batman is the greatest superhero ever created so yeah good for you to mention him.
>>
File: 1493835135094.png (546KB, 762x394px) Image search: [Google]
1493835135094.png
546KB, 762x394px
>>85372067
Batman is a useless and selfish prick who, just because of the muh fee fees rule, has let all his villains kill again, and again and again.
>>
>>85372125
Batman is objectively as crazy as the villains he fights. He knows this and that's why he chooses the moral high ground, because as soon as he loses that there's nothing that distinguishes him from the guys he's fighting.

But ultimately that's what makes him the greatest hero because like the ancient Greeks he's destined for tragedy because of his moral code.

He's probably the only Superhero that you could actually say has a bit of literary merit.
>>
>>85371464
>The hero is good and the villain is evil. We look at real history and it’s not that simple.
Maybe if you're a villainous loser, too bad for you I'm a heroic winner.
>>
>>85372469
Oh wow, who cares about all those civilians that died because of him, i'm sure the parents of all those dead sons and daughters will be glad Batman has a higher morality than a bunch of criminals.
Real heroes save people and end their enemies, anyone else is a failure.
>>
>>85372125
Batman doesn't kill because he's already working outside the law and relies on the PD for help. If he just starts murking people, he's gonna lose access.
>>85372067
Batman really isn't, most of his solo books are fine but he fails miserably as a character in any crossovers; turning into a pissy asshole that's less a person and more the guy who sits in the back of school projects and calls the rest of his team dumb. Plus his detective work is just matching goos, ever notice this. "Wow, these two goos are the same, maybe it's poison Ivy goo."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.