[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I thought I saw Blair in the snow >Generator goes off,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: childs.jpg (55KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
childs.jpg
55KB, 656x343px
>I thought I saw Blair in the snow
>Generator goes off, Blair is obviously in the generator room
Prove he isn't a thing in the ending.

Pro tip: You can't.
>>
>>85367100
of course he is.
MacReady hands him the molotov at the end to drink from. The Thing, not knowing this shouldn't be ingestible for a human drinks it without question or reaction.
>>
>>85367711
Mac was drinking from it too.
>>
>>85367771
prove this with a screenshot
>>
>>85367771
he was only pretending too, because he knew he was being watched. he memed the thing into revealing itself.

its like when i pretend to put a condom on during sex
>>
>>85368453
Carpenter refuted this and said it was meant to be ambiguous
>>
>>85368532
wasnt he the cuck who said they live isnt about jews?

guys been brainwashed and or paid off too shit talk his own early works. he hasnt done anything good in decades.
>>
>>85367100
>Pro tip: You can't.
Because you're not supposed to be able to prove it. That's the point. It's supposed to make you leave the movie feeling uncomfortable and unsure of yourself.
>>
>>85367100
This is the real reason Childs is a Thing. Not because of a glint in his eye, or the colour of his coat, or whether you can see his breath, but that his story doesn't make sense.
>>
>>85367711
Even if it was just alcohol, Childs just slurped it down without second thought. If he was human, he should have worried about infection.
>>
File: check me.png (30KB, 657x624px) Image search: [Google]
check me.png
30KB, 657x624px
>>85368899

dub dubs dont lie
>>
childs is wearing a different colored jacket in the ending than he was last seen wearing. i think its grey or white compared to his normal blue

theres also a lingering shot later on of the jackets by the doors that hints at this

does it matter? who cares
>>
>>85369071
>does it matter?

yes it does. its shitty writing.

>hurr durr we painted ourselves into a corner. does the thing get free into the world or is it stopped... idk lets just make a open ended meme ending

its bullshit. what happens next? i hate movies where there is no pay off. literally a waste of my limited time on this earth.
>>
>>85368532
Carpenter has said conflicting things.
He said it was meant to be ambiguous. Then he said the game was canon, in which neither were the Thing. Then he said on twitter one of the men was the Thing but wouldn't say which.

Word of God is pretty much useless in this debate.
>>
I like the scene best if you interpret it as MacReady being the thing, having been turned after destroying the buildings, when the camera cut away.

The whole movie they were so careful not to share food or drink to avoid becoming infected, but Childs drops his guard and accepts the drink of MacReady's whiskey in the end. And then MacReady begins laughing.

I think the most likely canon answer is that MacReady is not the Thing and Childs is the Thing, but I really like that the scene can really be interpreted in any of the four combinations (neither is the Thing, either one is the Thing, or both are pieces of the Thing just bouncing imitations off each other).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.