[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of wearing this armor when you instantly die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 7XiLR.jpg (20KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
7XiLR.jpg
20KB, 650x366px
What is the point of wearing this armor when you instantly die with one hit? They don't even leave a hole so do the lasers go through the armor or some shit? I don't get Star Wars, man.
>>
>>85351924
I too have noticed that star wars is not realistic, we truly are geniuses aren't we?
>>
>>85351924
Do we know for sure that storm troopers died? Maybe the armor did save them and they were merely knocked unconscious
>>
>>85351924
there could be many reasons for stormtrooper armor besides blaster immunity
> allows them to work in space
> internal communications
> ensures anonymity and suppresses individuality
> good against knife attacks
> probably bullet proof
not everyone in the empire has a blaster. in fact they might be comparatively rare
>>
>>85352063
It actually did. It absorbed most of the energy and they were just knocked out. At least in the old canon
>>
>>85351924
Cause they're not dead just severely injured. The armor makes the difference
>>
>>85351924
today we have armor and armor penetrating munition
>>
>>85352188
fuck off normie blasters are way more common than slugthrowers (as they are known in universe)
>>
>>85352341
And a shotgun will still knock you on your ass!
>>
What would the modern day equivalent of taking a blaster to the chest whilst wearing Stormtrooper armor be like?
>>
>>85351924
The armor is stated to be very resistant to blaster fire, often knocking a trooper uncoucious im the process of stopping a bolt and they are completely impervious to slugthrowers
>>
>>85352593
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7rHrpQ2gAk
>>
>>85352593
I would imagine taking a rifle-caliber round to the chest wearing level IV plates. You're not dead but you are in pain.
>>
File: 1315721063100.png (100KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
1315721063100.png
100KB, 281x211px
>>85352726

Exactly how I imagined it
>>
>>85351924
You're right, OP. What's the point of wearing all that armor and gear if you're most likely just gonna get killed after one headshot anyway? This is why the government should stop giving our troops body armor and helmets, because who's to say they aren't just gonna get killed by an ISIS sniper?

See? I just solved the problem of military overspending. Vote for me in 2020.
>>
>>85352593
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>85352871

Go away, Hillary.
>>
File: Spacey.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
Spacey.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>85352726
>>
Same reason we send soldiers into war with insufficient armour and jeeps made of tinfoil. It's cheap.

The Empire used plasteel because it was cheap and easy to mass produce, and while it could be made to look impressive in 'tests', it was actually pretty rubbish. It'd stop a small blaster bolt, but like our equivalent vests, it couldn't stop a shot from a rifle. Han's pistol is really powerful, like the magnum of lasers.
>>
>>85352916

You're a big trooper
>>
>>85352969
>Han's pistol is really powerful, like the magnum of lasers
its illegally modified iirc
>>
File: sheevbigguy.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sheevbigguy.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>85353139
for sheev
>>
>>85353184
>mfw the Imperial ATF would be all over Han's ass if they knew
>>
>>85353899
>ATF raids Hans house looking for illegally modified blasters
>Hans explains he lost all his blasters on a Naboo fishing trip
>ATF eaves after killing his pet gundark
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (61KB, 727x689px) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.jpg
61KB, 727x689px
>>85352726

huehuehue
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.