[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Propaganda made for the British equivalent of Baby Boomers, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dumbkirk.jpg (84KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dumbkirk.jpg
84KB, 600x400px
Propaganda made for the British equivalent of Baby Boomers, and not even fun or well made propaganda at that. The film is basically British Saving Private Ryan.

Nolan and Brits cuck themselves for the French. Germans are in one blurry shot in the entire film and are otherwise faceless, disembodied Lovecraftian Others manifested by carefully selected bullet placement. Tom Hardy wears a mask and crashes multiple planes with no survivors. The entire film seems like Nolan attempting to create his own version of an emotional and tense genre film, except this is one of several in his oeuvre where it doesn't actually work, and the emotional and tense moments come off as forced. There's an entire subplot devoted to how British people who side with fellow Brits over the French are evil, and one of the main British characters who espouses any notion of exclusive British camaraderie drowns in a particularly gruesome fashion. The anti-nationalism sentiment is timed specifically for political and topical relevance. Unfortunately, much like Saving Private Ryan, this smug and moralistic condemnation of tribalism is never actually explored or fleshed out because the Germans are apparently the eternal evil, so alien that they don't even deserve screentime, they exist as disembodied bullets much in the same way as the mass shooter in Keith Maitland's 2016 film Tower was excised from the film as both a "fuck you" to the perceived perpetrator and as an attempt toward pretentions of minimalism and the avant garde. Cilian Murphy accepts a difficult role but, due to either his own lack of acting ability or due to the incompetence of both Nolan and the script, his performance comes off as stilted and unnecessary.

Don't pay money to see this shit.
>>
>british version of the baby boomers
So the baby boomers you dumb fuck? Saving private ryan is typical jew directed hollywood garbage, this is an actual film that doesn't something a little different. You make me ashamed to be american, you are so fucking dumb, I bet you play video games and watch anime
>>
Imagine being a Kraut this booty blasted
>>
>>85345246
>>85345290
t. butthurt capeshit fans mad that someone criticized Nolan
>>
>>85345350
I hate nolans movies, this is genuinely good. You are sadly just an ADHD idiot, possibly mad that american movies aren't as good
>>
>>85345115
What a load of rubbish.

The movie made me proud to be British because it's a reminder that the *British nation* comes together and always shows resolve even in the face of crippling loss and adversity. Many times in WW2 you had huge numbers of men - sometimes whole armies - cut off and forced to surrender. If that had happened at Dunkirk we would've been truly fucked. Nolan's film demonstrates pretty well how close we came to disaster and how the nation came together.
>>
>>85345556
fuck off britcuck
>>
>>85345556
Kek exactly. Brits still living in the past and pretending to be all brave and determined. No one cares anymore, loser.
>>
>>85345611
>>85345610
56%
>>
>>85345611
It's just enjoying a movie you colossal faggot. Couldn't I just say the same about a flick from wherever you are from? You going to pretend in a first world consumerist country you have battle hardened truly brave men as a majority? It's you living in fantasy land if you think you're somehow superior to any other nation in that regard.
>>
>>85345290
>t. Masochistic britcuck who loves movies about his countries defeats

Hmmm
>>
>>85345290
What a retard. Germans aren't even the ones complaining about the movie, it's the French if you pay attention to news
>>
>>85345828
That's bullshit, they are well represented and you obviously haven't seen it, there's a ton of frogs on /pol/ praising it
>>85345791
>america makes vietnam movies
>>
>>85345918
>losing to rice farmers
never gets old
>>
You can disregard this entire post because the guy who was talking about british cameradirie was harry styles and he survived. It was the french faggot who never spoke who drowned in the boat. op should watch the movie next time
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.