[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this could have been x100 better if it had a little (proper )

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (76KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
76KB, 666x999px
this could have been x100 better if it had a little (proper ) sub-story to complement the main story such as the likes of saving private ryan and titanic

all it needed was a pre build-up of the main guy, instead of totting along with the frenchie , may be having a friend or shall we say a best friend from britain tagging along throughout the whole movie with some friendly emotional scenes at the beggining before they got stationed to dunkirk to invoking emotional response and sympathy for their inevitable ending of friendship and then throughout the movie or may be somewhere towards the end he dies and parts way with him or even defends him in the boat to the death or some alernative scenario
basically something along those lines to create a superb tearjerker
instead we get almost no characters development
2/3 liners from Tom hardy and Cillian murphy (who suppose to be main two stars of the movie who should at least have proper character development) for whom i gave no fucks for and felt nothing near the end of the movie
with this little sub-story this could have surpassed the likes of a great war movie spielberg has achieved.
these kind of history based movies need a good emotional sub-story. i expected more of Chris
>>
>>85343873
Sorry Nolan likes to think of himself as a peer to James Cameron, but only based Jim would be able to make something to that order.
>>
>i want some superficial generic sob story to latch onto
this is how you detect fucking redditors
>>
>>85344751
that wasn`t the point you pleb
my point was that generic real life stories especialy boring ones such as these about bongs and frogs surviving, feel like a fucking overglorified-documentary when its so plain and lacking of extra emotionally evoking sub-stories
i already knew what the fuck was happening and will happen in the movie so the whole suspense on majority of the scenes was redundant
Chris had to change things up and try something different like many other smart directors do with material like this
give me one good reason how my alternative woudn`t have made for a grander movie if done right by Chris
>>
File: 1479190748521.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479190748521.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>85343873
> lacks understanding that the film was about the event, and highlighting a single soldier would negate the message that all soldiers had someone or something waiting for them back home

There was no need for the bombastic lamentations or exposition.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.