[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the message here? >guy goes to prison (killed a cop?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: ERPcgMO.jpg (197KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ERPcgMO.jpg
197KB, 1366x768px
what was the message here?
>guy goes to prison (killed a cop?)
>disillusioned, can't accept the situation he's in
>loses bet with a guard
>kills guard out of revenge?
>cop killer
>gets shanked in the yard
>comes out with his brain fried
is the message about having rehabilitation instead of a punitive system?
>>
>>85343346
all characters in wp are 2d. this guy refused to accept reality
>>
It's about people not accepting reality.

It's similar to that japanese guy in the comic that keeps saying "My real life hasn't started yet" everyday until he dies.
>>
File: sfSGY.jpg (162KB, 600x3031px) Image search: [Google]
sfSGY.jpg
162KB, 600x3031px
can anyone explain the James Holmes symbol thing?

>>85343815
>>85343897
I was expecting more. Is there a more personal way this could be a reflection on Sam or Charls' life or their politics? Hard to get emotionally invested in art when it doesn't mean anything to the artist.

I guess Sam hasn't fully accepted that his comedy career seems to be going nowhere right now.
>>
>>85343346
It's about the limits of stoicism and numbing yourself, how these things leave you alienated.
>>
what was the message here?

pls tell im a brainlet
>>
>>85344297
i think they commented on people working regular jobs, getting fucked and "stabbed" for 10, 40 years. In correlation to what they are doing, while being poor thinking its still better than 9-5, the jail represents.

The boss skit is similar to that
>>
The sketch is not critical of this character, he's its hero. By refusing to acknowledge the abuse he's placed under, he robs it of its power, and maintains his integrity. I think he's supposed to be portrayed as innocent of any crime, since they come arrest from his front lawn as he's mowing the lawn. Reading the song Cop Killer as literal is a mistake. The song itself is not literal either, it's about transgression and transcending inhibition and fear. "The song's not about killing a human being, but about overcoming inhumanity; destroying the machinery that turns us toward an end other than ourselves." - John Maus. His meltdown during the song is him releasing all the pent up frustration and pain caused by his life being wasted and stolen from him, and losing everything (since his home is burned down when he gets back to it.)
>>
>>85344731
thanks, this is the emotional attachment I was expecting they put into that piece.
>>
>>85344419
it's a really underappreciated show on /tv/. Probably because of the MDE fanbase.
>>
>>85343346
It's the ostrich putting its head under the sand. He doesn't realise the situation He a in until he gets back to the farm and its destroyed by which time its too late.

It's a metaphor for the islamic immigration to Europe
>>
File: kVGkFId.png (330KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
kVGkFId.png
330KB, 800x500px
>>85344297
>what is google?
>>
>>85346359
and? why did they adopt it as their logo? Clearly not just to be edgy.
>>
part of it is what sam's talking about here, being oblivious as time passes you by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p978u4r-q4c

and part of it is obviously anti-authoritarianism. the john maus song at the end was originally "cop killer" before getting changed by censors to "hey moon"
>>
Do nothing with your life from the age 18-30. Live life nihilistically and dont take responsibility for anything. You might as well have been in maximum security prison the entire time.
>>
>>85347074
Wow this really made me stay in my apartment and masturbate
>>
>>85345817
Right on.
>>
>>85346023
>It's the ostrich putting its head under the sand. He doesn't realise the situation He a in until he gets back to the farm and its destroyed by which time its too late.

Short and simple its this. Refusal to accept reality until you're forced to face it and the destructive force that comes with willful ignorance.

>It's a metaphor for the islamic immigration to Europe

Well, that is a problem.
>>
>1. CEO scene
>2. teacher scene
>3. prison scene

All other sketches were shit
>>
>>85346408

its AESTHETIC
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM
what does charles say when he gets stabbed? I hear "requesting brown guys I'll be done in a second"

What was the nickel in Detroit referring to?
>>
>>85343346
Please don't be dumb.

He goes to prison innocent and for no reason and comes out a hardened symptom to the society that framed and made him. This was about police corruption and abuse of power which is inevitable in the system at hand. This was about him eventually waking up through the pain of the lost time and life and the endured unjustice and BECOMING the hero, the copkiller.
>>
>>85348425
>What was the nickel in Detroit referring to?
Doing 5 years of his sentence in Detroit.
>>
>>85348425
"Quit horsin’ around guys, I’ll be done in a second"
>>
>>85347900
>gym scene
>teacher scene

everything else is worthless
>>85343346
imagine actually thinking there's a hidden meaning to any of it
>>
File: 1484796556997.png (240KB, 482x433px) Image search: [Google]
1484796556997.png
240KB, 482x433px
ay yo trex come help me swag this kid out
>>
>>85349122
This was objectively the best sketch in the series.
>>
>>85344622
buy bitcoin
>>
>>85349020
>>85349017
thanks senpaitachi these two parts always got me
>>
>>85344419
You misunderstand stoicism. This was nihilism.
>>
>>85343346
>loses bet with a guard
>kills guard out of revenge?
When did he kill the guard? I don't remember that at all.
>>
>>85344622
SUCK DICK MUCH?
>>
>>85349175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkqbHQqLwMU
this one is the best in the series
>SUPER BUSY RIGHT NOW
>>
File: TREX.jpg (57KB, 590x665px) Image search: [Google]
TREX.jpg
57KB, 590x665px
>>85349122
Major league swag out major league swag out
>>
>>85350967
>nihilism.
lolno. the issue of the meaning or lack thereof of life never arises in the sketch. it's all about confronting and coping with loss and privation, i.e. the exact territory of stoicism.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aprpQ9b9oNw
god tier music
>>
I think it's about the current predicament of white men. I assume this because of the old timey costumes and language that harkens back to American suburbia.

The guy is at the wrong place st the wrong time and gets his life fucked. He can pretend it isn't happening and that society is fine as ever, but it makes no difference. His life is ruined and it makes no difference if he accepts it or not. It's too late.

He breaksdown at the end when he finds society is gone too.

So basically, white men can have their life ruined for no reason (e.g. thoughtcrime, rape accusations, killed by racists) but they sit there rotting away pretending they don't care
>>
>>85351028
I thought maybe it was implied from the Cop Killer song. Just reading too much into it.
>>
I like the part where he just made an absurdistic sketch and everyone just projects their own views onto it making it way more clever than Sam intended.
>>
>>85352339
it's not very absurdist apart from Sam's voice
>>
File: absolutely busy.jpg (118KB, 426x454px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely busy.jpg
118KB, 426x454px
>>85351051
>>
>>85351166
Your secret codename will be... Teenis.
>>
this skit makes me really scared for the future. I fear to go to sleep forever.
>>
>>85347130
haha same
>>
>>85347900
I wouldn't go that far. I rather liked the Wall show, the tap water mix and black Sam Hyde. There are a few sketches I didn't care for all that much but on the whole World Peace was a genuinely interesting project that was killed off due to the politics of the lead and nothing else.
>>
File: 14410923499840.jpg (85KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
14410923499840.jpg
85KB, 720x720px
>>85353568
this was my favorite skit
>>
>>85345817
This was my take too.
>>
>>85343346
> man's life is destroyed and he doesn't even notice
this has in fact happened to every last member of my nuclear and extended family. They're dying form drugs, violence, suicide, and gluttony.
If you're of European stock and you look around at your life you'll see the same thing. Because our culture was purposefully destroyed and we didn't even notice
>>
>>85347074
Already done
Now what?
>>
>>85353486
You don't know what absurdism is.
>>
>>85359986
nope sounds like mumbo jumbo to me
>>
File: DD7Sc6UVoAAKxbv.jpg (39KB, 655x498px) Image search: [Google]
DD7Sc6UVoAAKxbv.jpg
39KB, 655x498px
>>85358585
>If you're of European stock

Yeah only white people have problems
>>
>>85351166
I still say this almost everyday several times when I'm cooking breakfast. As soon as I throw the bacon in the pan and it sizzles.. MAJOR LEAGUE SWAG OUT

BUCCI
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.