[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm watching the 3st season of The Sopranos and I just got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: chess.jpg (78KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
chess.jpg
78KB, 1360x768px
I'm watching the 3st season of The Sopranos and I just got done watching the episode where Ray Ray's daughter teaches jackie jr. chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that the way he was playing and giving up right away was symbolizing how he acts in real life! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Sopranos is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. James Gandolfini and Michael Imperioli do a great job with their Jersey accents
>>
Bored?
>>
>>85330683
I know this is wire pasta but sopranos really did have lots of hamfisted symbolism and the characters always had to explain shit. Nuance and subtlety wasn't one of the show's strong points
>>
No wonder.
>>
>your pawn can only move two spaces on the first move
Jackie Jr. trying to move up too quickly with the poker game robbery

>the way she's developing her knights
Tony reorganizing his crews, promoting and reshuffling people

>you shoulda played that out. That's the only way you gonna learn.
Tony gives Ralph the option of giving Jackie a pass. Letting Jackie make mistakes so he can learn from them.

Pure pottery
>>
>>85330799
I didn't realize the chess metaphor until finishing it twice and watching the scene on youtube multiple times
>>
File: sheeeiiit07.43 PM.png (211KB, 583x379px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeiiit07.43 PM.png
211KB, 583x379px
>>85330683
JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET TO THE TALKING FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.