[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this, I saw several women in the crowd looking completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 30

File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
Just saw this, I saw several women in the crowd looking completely disinterested and some on their phone.
>>
File: 1058360-tonysoprano1.jpg (21KB, 340x425px) Image search: [Google]
1058360-tonysoprano1.jpg
21KB, 340x425px
>>85305777
Yes, women were constantly checking their phones and even flicking pieces of popocorn and/or paper.

This movie was undoubtedly Nolan attempting to bring masculinity and testosterone back to the male population of weak betas who are against the notion of fighting for ones people.

There were no tears in the movies from the characters, only the strong silent types like Gary Cooper.
>>
I just watched this with my mom. It was her idea to go see it in theaters.
>>
in the UK its rated a 12 so imagine how many 1D fans will go and see it
>>
Some girls (and women in their late 30s) took out their phones and snapped some photos when Harry Styles was on screen.

Seriously.
>>
File: AverageDayInToronto.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
AverageDayInToronto.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>85305862
>mom
>her
>>
>>85305920
Not sure what your maymay is, pal. Me and my mom both enjoyed the movie.
>>
oh shit so it's /ourflick/ ?
>>
>>85305777
I can also understand why men wouldn't like either considering we don't even see German soldiers until the VERY end and there are really no infantry battles to speak of. Boring movie
>>
File: statistics.png (16KB, 437x392px) Image search: [Google]
statistics.png
16KB, 437x392px
>>
>>85305777
Wont stop them from seeing it, some girls sitting next to me were only talking about harry before it started
>>
war film with barely any dialogue
i wonder why these slags didnt enjoy it for the full duration
>>
File: 1489689939545.jpg (27KB, 720x561px) Image search: [Google]
1489689939545.jpg
27KB, 720x561px
"The Nazis have killed over six million Jews, and we're next if we don't get out of here NOW!"

Jesus christ Nolan is a fucking hack
>>
>>85306144
So on an average, 8.6 out of 10 people regardless of sex are, retarded?
>>
>>85305777
The Master and Commander of our generation.
>>
>>85305777
>>85305855
>>85305918
What fucking uncivilised shithole do you live in where people take out their phones during a movie?
>>
>>85305967
w-what did the two of you do after?
>>
>>85306262
You didn't realize the wink at the camera after saying
>Six million
?
Watch closer next time
>>
>>85306537
I sucked her dick and I made daddy watch. :^)
>>
>>85306051
Did you unironically go into a movie about the battle of Dunkirk, expecting infantry fighting? That's your own fault m8.
>>
>>85306144
>3,000 women vs 25,000 men.
Its like that one girl in your IT class , doesnt rep real women
>>
>>85305777
>almost no women
>almost no niggers
>no quips
>fantastic score
>fantastic effects and story

Has Nolan singlehandedly saved Kinógraphie?
>>
>>85305777
Women usually do that watching war movies.

Don't mind them. They don't know how to relate to this kind of thing. Just the fact they are willing to be there for you is a good will
>>
What about the lack of character development or general meaning asked to the viewer? Great ww2 set pieces and costume design though.
>>
>>85305777
>another ww2 movie
>not historically accurate
>leaves france out
>nolan is a cocky fuck
>makes england look like the sole leader and victor
stick to fairy tales, nolan, 2/10 at best
>>
>>85307958
Hello burger
>>
>>85307996
>leaves france out

what do you mean? the French were in a lot of scenes.
>>
>>85307247
>fantastic effects and story

I hope you're trolling, I really do.

>The torpedo
>The tiny obviously RC stuka at the end that farrier shoots down
>The clearly modern city
>The shitty white smoke from airplanes

Yes! Truly revolutionary, we've come along way from the thin red line or saving private ryan where they actually build whole sets
>>
>>85307247
There's no ´ in german you stupid fuck, stop trying to sould cool
>>
>>85308055
it's not German, idiot.
>>
>>85305777
>Women
What did you expect?

The movie was brilliant though.
>>
>>85305777
Who would pay to get into a movie just to sit on their phones? Also, women wouldn't know a good movie if it hit them in the face.
>>
>>85308095
Yes it is, fucktard
Either way, theres no acute accent in russian too.
>>
>>85305777
>I saw several women in the crowd looking completely disinterested and some on their phone.
They're only there for the scenes with Harry Styles
>>
>>85305777
so do you go to the movie to watch people watch a movie or actually watch a movie? whats the point of this thread?
>>
File: Blade Runner final cut.webm (686KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Blade Runner final cut.webm
686KB, 1280x528px
>woman sitting in front of me on her phone half the movie
>gets to the end
>"We shall fight on the beaches"
>she looks up and says "Oh my god, I love beaches!"
>>
>>85308144
It's present in Russian as a loanword from French.
>>
My gf went and fucking loved it. Teared up at the end when the guy got put in the paper.
>>
>>85308180
no it doesnt, shut the fuck up
>>
>>85308055
>meme triggers linguistics autist

lmao
>>
>>85308168
You just described my mom minus the phone
>>
>>85308036
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/french-furious-at-being-written-out-of-dunkirk-film-epic-33rg8m57l
>>
>>85308412
> French
> furious
More news at 9.

For a British film about British soldiers/sailors/pilots, there are plenty of French in it.
>>
>>85308168
That Churchill speech always gets me

yes I first heard it on Aces High
>>
>>85308412
>British film

>Implying the country of films origin doesn't big up their own country
>Implying France wouldn't do the same
>>
woman here, I watched the film and absolutely loved it. It was brilliantly done and I honestly can't understand how some people find it boring

that being said, there were so many little girls fangirling over harry styles that it was annoying. I might have been mad hadn't his performance been so good
>>
two chinks behind me kept fucking talking every scene. the girl had no idea what was going on and had to be fed exposition by her boyfriend every 2 seconds it was terrible.

why cant they shut the fuck up and learn manners? and maybe just watch the movie and shit will be explained to you not that anything needed explanation
>>
>>85305777
They were probably bored because it's a boring movie. Christopher Nolan is a robot who doesn't understand how to elicit any sort of emotional reaction. His expertise is purely technical.
>>
>Watching the crowd instead of the movie
Sad!
>>
>>85305777
Dumb cunt and her beta boyfriend were seated down the aisle from me, they arrived 20 minutes late and they each got up twice to go to the bathroom and to get popcorn, and the girl was constantly on her phone. I can't wait until movie theatres are a thing of the past.
>>
There was no way Big Guy could have turned his Spitfire around with no fuel and no running engine and still take out that Stuka. There was no fucking way.

That was my only complaint of this movie.
>>
>>85305777
I can understand why. This movie is for the Transformers audience, the sort of people who do that shit in theaters. Big fucking war scenes with a bunch of explosions and Nolan's needlessly complex incoherent perspective bullshittery, set against the absolute worst Hans Zimmer score I've ever heard. The only thing this movie was missing was some random romance out of nowhere or more camera hogging on Ken Branagh and it'd be an even worse shitshow than the likes of the actual Transformer movie that came out.

I was just waiting for this movie to end and politely didn't want to distract the nonagenarians who'd already fallen asleep by whipping out my phone. Those people have some fucking balls taking their phones out, I respect them all the way.
>>
I really enjoyed it. Shame the French guy died though
>>
>>85308180
cinéma is french, kino is german
>>
>>85308412
I'll look forward to the critically acclaim French produced Dunkirk film in the coming years... oh no wait, France's film industry is currently irrelevant and not even on the same scale as the UK's. How the mighty have fallen.
>>
>>85310061
He runs out after he takes it down, the timelines havent collapsed yet
>>
>>85310243
His engine cut off when he was flying on the right side of the beach, the Stuka was coming in from the left. He turns around, shoots down the Stuka and lands it going the opposite way he came in on the beach.
>>
>>85308412
Why are they furious at being written out? I'd want to be out of this shithole flick.
>>
>>85310296
t. froggy mcfrogface
>>
>>85308939
Stop being a bitch and just tell them to be quiet. Everyone knows it's common courtesy to be quiet at the cinema so most of them will shut right up as soon as someone tells them to.
>>
>>85310150
He was the one who was sleeping when the Officers let him on the Officers boat on the mole.
>>
>>85305777
>never see the enemy, once, except for a few planes
>several incoherent scenes (kid at the beginning is lying down on the beach, looks alone there, explosions happen, he gets up and is surrounded by a thousand people)
>no historical notes for all the dumb normies who came to see the movie for styles
>same droning fucking music and ticking for 80% of the flick
>barely understand any of the britbongs
>barely care when that one faggot kid dies by falling down some steps
>apparently infantry carry armor piercing bullets to rip through thick iron walls of boats
>mood whiplash out the ass
Did Nolan forget how to direct? Jesus christ
>>
>>85310481
That was a totally different guy.
>>
>>85310357
If I was a frog I'd be pretty happy my country was barely at all in the movie

As it is I'm pretty pissed since I wasted 2 hours
>>
File: Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg (12KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg
12KB, 329x329px
>>85305777
>get to the movies with GF and sit all the way in the back
>a man and his boy show up and sit next to me on my left
>Thank god they won't talk or be on their phones during the movie
>5 mins before movie starts 2 teenage girls with phones in hand come up to the man and boy
>"Ummm excuse me these are actually our seats here's our tickets."
>GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>The man acts confused and apologizes and they go somewhere else
>they sit and talk about Harry Styles while browsing on their phones before the movie starts
>movie starts and all is good until the first shot of Harry comes up
>"OMG LOOK ITS HARRY HE'S SO HOT!"
>girl pulls out her phone and takes a snapchat of him
>later on they start whispering to each other how bored they are
>continues to check phone every 10 mins
>meanwhile I sit next to them withholding the urge to grab their stupid fucking phones and toss them across the theater

Women ruin everything.
>>
>>85305777
fact: women and non-whites will not/cannot appreciate Dunkino
>>
>>85307996
>literally scenes showing French soldiers holding the line so the British can leave
>shows French soldiers trying to get on ships
>one of the main characters is a French guy pretending to be British
>British Commander says he's staying behind to help evacuate the French
>>
File: dunkirk.png (34KB, 669x428px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk.png
34KB, 669x428px
>>85305777
REMEMBER
>>
>>85310627
I'm Nigerian and I really loved it.
>>
>>85310518
I guess you're right, now come to think of it the soldier drowning at the bottom of that boat was him. Thought it was Harry Styles as it was happening and didn't even think twice when I saw him again later.
>>
>>85310627
I'm an old white guy who's taught history at numerous colleges and did work for a lot of museums and I hated it.

It's just Transformers with a WW2 paint job. Utter disgrace to all that died there
>>
>>85310737
Yeah, Harry survives, but the French guy can't reach the ladder so he drowns.
>>
>>85310823
Shame, it should have been Harry who drowned.
>>
>>85310802
>LARPing this hard

unironically kill yourself faggot
>>
>>85310802
History belongs to us now old man!! Fucking old-ass faggot! Haha!!!!
>>
>>85308130
It's a movie written by a guy, directed by a guy, starring guys only.
Of course it won't be that interesting to many women, because it's extremely difficult for them to relate to a story that had pretty much nothing to do with them. Don't act like you would be thrilled to see a movie about a thousand girlfriends of a soldiers trying to make ends meet or whatever back in england, written and directed by women with no male actors.

You don't get points in life for being stupid or unable to think beyond surface level you absolute twat.
>>
>>85310890
>Don't act like you would be thrilled to see a movie about a thousand girlfriends of a soldiers trying to make ends meet or whatever back in england, written and directed by women with no male actors.

Nobody would make that movie and no women would make a valiant fight at Dunkirk.
>>
>>85310854
>liking a movie from christopher 'I'm a hack but I directed the movie that brought /tv/ its classic reddit bane memes so I get a pass here' nolan
Kill yourself, kid. Probably a Bernie voter like the rest of the 12 year old shits that enjoyed this trash
>>
File: fedora.jpg (37KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
37KB, 625x415px
>>85310958
>>
>>85305777
war movies are usually pretty boring, is this one any good?
>>
>>85307745
>for you
>>
>>85310627
fact: you're dilluting the meaning of the word "fact" and deserve a fate worse than death
>>
>>85306513
planet earth
>>
>>85310958
old fart this isn't the place for you go back to plebbit and voice your shitty opinions there

And no I'm not a bernout support I voted for blumpf
>>
>>85310890
Why the fuck do people need a story to relate to them to enjoy it? I know several women, albeit in education, that love books like The Hobbit or The Lord of the Flies, who literally have no women in them. Same thing with black guys or Asians to purely white people stories.

Do you think everybody just does or likes things within some comfort zone that you make up for them?
>>
>pay to watch a movie
>spend the whole watching the audience to see if they're watching it

That's some next level autism.
>>
>>85308886
I'm going to see it pretty soon and I kind of wish it wasn't summer so that I could see it during the day when all the Harry Styles fans are still at school. Were they fangirling before or actually during the movie when he came onscreen?
>>
>>85310129
kek
here's your (((you))), faggot. now go kys
>>
>>85310890
>i can only enjoy it if it's relatable and tailored to ME
>>
>>85311051
>go back to plebbit
Well I'm already here if Nolan worshipping pseudo intellectuals and shills have swarmed this board.

>i voted for blumpf
You do know you need to be 18 to vote, yes? And you call me a LARPer.
>>
>>85311128
This is the type of specimen that enjoyed Duncuck, huh?
>>
>>85311082
>implying it's hard to notice a phone being turned on in the corner of your eye in a dark theater
>>
>>85311221
shut the fuck up or I will literally come over to your house and beat the shit out of you
>>
>>85310291
>>85310243
Oh nevermind, I see that was an Inception joke. Very funny.
>>
>>85311156
>t. reddit

sorry you can't recognize memes fuckin old piece of shit just roll over and die already

>Nolan worshipping pseudo intellectually
this is /tv/ you absolute moron. Only pseudo intellectual itt is YOU buddy, you think teaching at some shitty liberal arts college gives you any validation to take a shit on a good film? Just off yourself already
>>
>>85311266
I'll masturbate all over you, faggot

Let's see how well you fight with my dick juices gumming up all your tendons
>>
should I watch this or Baby Driver on Monday. I'm going at 11 am so the theater will be pretty empty either way.
>>
>>85311456
watch both, moviejump.

i'd go with baby driver first, then dunkirk
>>
>>85310936
Missing the point.

It's kind of retarded to use the fact that women didn't fight at the front lines as an argument that women are inferior/wouldn't be able to fight at the fronlines, when it was men who decided for them that they couldn't.

misogyny is passé, bruv
>>
>>85311456
>baby driver

lmao what the fuck is that about a baby driving about or some shit?
>>
>>85311456
Baby driver

Shorter and better
>>
>>85311402
>can't recognise memes
Well Nolan's entire film lineup is a meme so at least I can see that

>he actually typed out 'Nolan worshipping pseudo intellectually' instead of just copying my post
>not knowing how to greentext in two thousand sevenfuckingteen
Hahahahahaha

I may be old but at least I'll never be new
>>
>>85311456
if it is IMAX, watch dunkirk, else baby driver.
>>
>>85311527
>It's kind of retarded to use the fact that women didn't fight at the front lines as an argument that women are inferior/wouldn't be able to fight at the fronlines

Women are inferior and wouldn't be able to fight against men though.

>when it was men who decided for them that they couldn't

It's not like they were begging to be serve. They did their jobs as it was expected of them. It was the last great generation of women. For the most part they ran the show at home while their husbands and sons fought for their lives. That's what women have always done, and it's not because of oppression of the sexes.

It's reality.
>>
>>85311456
Both great man, Baby Driver at that time though would be excellent.

Although if you're American the thought of having people clap at the end of the movie (Dunkirk) makes me cringe so maybe it would be better at a quiet time.
>>
>>85306262
>>85306601
Damn Nolan. Coaxing Raimi again
>>
>>85311590
It's longer than Dunkirk though.
>>
>>85311590
Dunkirk is shorter, actually.

>>85311630
I am American and I would fucking die if that happened so yeah quiet time is best.
>>
>>85305777
Same thing happened with me. One woman stayed on her phone for almost half the movie.

Modern women truly are fucking human garbage.
>>
>>85311612
>Women are inferior and wouldn't be able to fight against men though.
War has progressed past the days of swords and shields and physical strength, grandpa, people nowadays (and the troops at Dunkirk) use guns. Anybody can fire them, and anyone can fire them well. But men didn't think women could, at the time, for whatever reason.

>It's not like they were begging to be serve.
Blatantly wrong. Please come back when your knowledge and philosophy of war has progressed past the 16th century.
>>
>>85306513
America
>>
>>85311456
Dunkirk if you have access to 70mm print, else Baby Driver and attempt to get to theater with said print.

Never will have access? Still Baby Driver first - its not gonna be as fun/enjoyable if you see it after Dunkirk having had to hold back manly tears at the end.

unless you have some autism disorder that makes emotions impossible, in which case, who cares why are you even watching film?
>>
File: 1495839714289.jpg (149KB, 900x937px) Image search: [Google]
1495839714289.jpg
149KB, 900x937px
>>85308168
Women want to command troops in battle.
>>
>>85311760
Men and women don't think and act the same way, and we're not built the same way.

>Blatantly wrong.

Blatantly right. Show me these lines of thousands of women wanting to hold rifles? Oh, wait there weren't any? It's almost like women for centuries have always known the homefront is their job during wartime, not holding a rifle they can't even carry.

I've been in the military for the past 5 years, just got you. You don't have to tell me how most women function in the military, I've seen it with my own eyes. There's a reason they have it the easiest and have lower quotas and standards. It's expected. Now piss off.

I'd still like you to show me all the women volunteers for soldiering during WW2 though.

>inb4 Red Army
>>
File: british army3f2fg.jpg (430KB, 1993x2847px) Image search: [Google]
british army3f2fg.jpg
430KB, 1993x2847px
>>85305777
nice trips
>>
>>85311842
just got out*
>>
>>85311058

Most movies are about something else than just the surface level story. Most people can relate to most stories. But the fighting at the front lines in the world wars is pretty much an aspect of history that women were completely excluded from/not part of. So of course it's hard for them to relate.

It's more than that too, but I'm not really in the mood to write an essay for two people on the internet. Short version: the war isn't just interesting because it is history, but it speaks to men in particular because warfare is tied so much more to our identity, and our understanding of what masculinity is, our role in a crisis, etc.

>>85311149
Kneejerk reaction. Try thinking about stuff instead of being focused on winning an argument on the internet.

>>85311612
>Women are inferior and wouldn't be able to fight against men though.
History is not on your side.

>That's what women have always done, and it's not because of oppression of the sexes.
Always is a word you apparently don't understand the definition of. Also, you are wrong, women were at home directly because of oppression.
>>
File: bill wilson.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bill wilson.gif
2MB, 500x500px
The film appeals solely to white men and I love it for that. At no point in the film did it force any niggers, fags, or stronk womyn into it nor did it try forcing in some line or text about
>REMEMBER THE SIX MILLION GOY!!!!!!!!!!!
>THE NAZIS ARE HORRIBLE SCUM WHO SHOULD ALL BE KILLED Which I was afraid of considering it was a WW2 film but thankfully Nolan didn't drink the koolaid and did everything very tastefully. There was no political message behind anything, it was just a straight well done war flick which was such a breath of fresh air.

My only real issues with the film were its pacing as the ending felt a bit abrupt after everything it followed but everything else was well done. I expect this film to trigger a lot of SJWs because of the fact that none of the actors or extras were niggers, spics, muslims, or whatever variety of diversity.

Also the entire theater that I went too and saw it was made up of only whites and only a few women. It was like pottery. However much of the movie theater itself was populated by niggers to go see whatever nigger flick came out that day, "Girls Trip" I think.

Bravo Nolan.
>>
>>85310493
>>barely understand britbongs
They were speaking ENGLISH you fucking
Wankstain.
>>
>>85312041
Damn, I fucked up my formating with the second greentext.
>>
>>85311760
It's not about strength, it's about psychology. It's easier for people with higher testosterone to kill
>>
>>85306635
read a book m8
>>
>>85312041
The theater was likely populated soley by whites because of that one movie with Taraj, Regina King and Queen Latifa that also came out this weekend
>>
>>85311156
>voting for trump

you're a moron
>>
>>85311993
>History is not on your side.
Yeah sorry buddy, it is. Same with biology.

>Always is a word you apparently don't understand the definition of. Also, you are wrong, women were at home directly because of oppression.
Go ask your grandma if she wanted to fight the Germans with a bayonetted rifle. 9 times out of 1000 she'd say "absolutely!" before even knowing or understanding what that entails.

I've been in the military. I've trained beside females for two years. Don't you tell me what I already know you little shit.
>>
>>85311842

You're choosing to be unknowledgeable. You can literally research this for five minutes and be a more educated man.
>>
>>85311456
Baby driver was absolutely fucking shit. Watch Dunkirk.
>>
>>85311590
baby driver is shit.
>>
>>85312215
You can literally just provide evidence of your claims and we'd be settled, but you haven't and you won't.

Women wanted to work in the factories and take care of what children they still had left.
>>
>>85312061
Britbongs don't speak english moron

All the bacteria in their fucked up teeth turns it to gibberish. I actually laughed out loud when that old british fuck was yelling at the blond boy band member when they went to recover tom hardy, he sounded like he was passing a kidney stone
>>
>>85311993
>speaks to men in particular because warfare is tied so much more to our identity
You've got a point. I enjoy war films but when I watch them, I feel pity for the men I see on screen but I don't really identify with them, and when I do it's more of a detached "what would I do if I were him", not "what would I do if I, myself, were in that situation". I imagine if I ever start a family it will add a different layer of understanding ("what if that were my son/husband").

>>85312220
>>85312253
Yeah I like Edgar Wright but I really don't think I'm going to enjoy Baby Driver enough to warrant seeing it in theaters based on what I've seen so far. Dunkirk it is.
>>
>>85312268
>>English don't speak english
You are obviously mentally retarded, I'm sorry and hope you have a nice day eating sweets and watching cartoons.
>>
>>85312211
>Yeah sorry buddy, it is. Same with biology.
No, but I'm not here to argue in circles. I'm just here to throw a tiny wrench into this fucked up misogynist echo chamber.

>I've been in the military. I've trained beside females for two years. Don't you tell me what I already know you little shit.
Congratulations, you've been in the military, like pretty much everyone else. That apparently hasn't made you any more aware of history nor politics, and I'm not sure why you think it has.
>>
>>85305777
Let me explain something to you:
Women are children. The old days of there being one screen that the pater familias controlled during the family hour are over. These children are asserting their own agency by playing Candy Crush, scrolling through Facebook for hours a day, and God knows what else. I pray for the end more and more every day.
>>
>>85311100
Both, but they were louder whenever he came on screen, they squeaked at the sight of him and took a shitload of pictures
>>
>>85312211
>>85311842
You two retards do know there were a variety of non-combat roles filled by women in the UK military that clamored for a chance to a part of the action, yes?

I was a former Marine, served twenty fucking years. I don't want to hear some little shits boast about the Navy ships they've been on where they have drinking parties constantly, or Afghanistan where you fight some dumbass bureaucrat war over oil, and I especially don't want to hear it on an anonymous website.
>>
File: nods respectfully.gif (2MB, 530x742px) Image search: [Google]
nods respectfully.gif
2MB, 530x742px
>>85312468
>I'm just here to throw a tiny wrench into this fucked up misogynist echo chamber.
Truly the strong woman with the moral integrity to take down these pathetic manchildren. Everyone praise this anon's virtue! *nods respectfully towards you*
>>
>>85306262
This can't be real, it isn't real right
>>
>>85312496
>took pictures
Fuck this. If I see a group of girls when I go in I'll just see something else.
>>
>>85312468
Since when is it misogynist to tell it how it is? Women are emotional beings, men are logical beings. You don't want a crying hag as a foxhole buddy and that crying hag wouldn't even want to be in a foxhole in the first place.

> That apparently hasn't made you any more aware of history nor politics, and I'm not sure why you think it has.

It made me aware that women are more likely to cry than do anything of note in the military. They're good in support roles, nothing else.

>>85312500
If you were actually a Marine for TWENTY FUCKING YEARS you'd know what I'm talking about.

Yes, we get that women can be useful in auxiliary roles, we're talking about combat.
>>
File: retarded.png (40KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
40KB, 264x264px
>>85311760
>War has progressed past the days of swords and shields
Yes.
>and physical strength
No, you're fucking stupid. I invite you to join the Army, but before you do, make sure to not do any physical training and let me know how you do in just BT alone.

However, you are partly right. There's a lot that goes into making a soldier than just physical strength and shouldering a rifle, but that's not the end all be all. Much of what makes an effective soldier is your mentality. If you have the mindset to go out and get a mission done and survive you're going to be a far more effective soldier than someone who's piss scared and doesn't know what the fucks going on. Men more so than women are more predisposed to the mentality that makes an effective soldier. Men and women are wired much differently than each other. All you need for proof it to walk into any 4th grade school class and show them a video of a lion hunting and killing a gazelle with all gore featured and tell me how many of the boys go, "ewwww, that's horrible!" and how many of the girls go, "woah, that's awesome!".

Men and women are suited for their own respective roles in a society that has been ingrained in us genetically since tribal times. Men hunt and lead, women maintain and give care. Why do you think so many women who don't go on to have families often work in human services?

This is not all to say there aren't exceptions, there are, but outliers are not representative of the whole, and considering the military's purpose is to defend the nation, I don't believe they care much to attempt to groom themselves for the outliers.
>>
>>85305897
It's a 15 you liar
>>
>>85312500
>I was a former Marine

With English as craptacular as yours, I'd have figured you as cannon fodder.
>>
>>85312627
honestly, the movie was good eough that I could ignore the fangirls, they were annoying, but it was worth it
>>
File: tumblr_m5kjeg48Hc1rs1ef6o1_1280.jpg (160KB, 639x918px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5kjeg48Hc1rs1ef6o1_1280.jpg
160KB, 639x918px
Does this mean Dunkirk has entered the illustrious pantheon of filmé women will never understand?
>>
>>85311100
I didn't see any of the sort. Are there even women who care about 1D anymore?
>>
>>85312784
There are. LOTS. You won't believe the amount of 20 somethings that still go crazy now a days over those boys
>>
>>85312256

>Women wanted to work in the factories
Wants and needs are influenced by social roles, obligations, expectations, perceived opportunities, etc. And all that has been controlled by men for a very long time. But women's sense of wants and needs change as their opportunities and rights expand. Which is why you see women today fighting for equal opportunities, and also to join the military and to protect/fight for what they believe in.
>>
>>85311100
>>85312784
Most of the people who saw it where I'm from were seniors either as a couple or with their grandsons/granddaughters, but that's more indicative of my economically depressed shithole than anything else.
>>
Just IMAXed it, can't imagine it any other way and the sound/visual design is stellar
One thing I'm questioning is the scene where the small private boats arrive, it's made a big deal of but just seems so insignificant. I get that they're happy for anything but it's so pivotal in tone with the guy literally tearing up
The chronological disorder wasn't a big deal for me and was especially impactful with the pilot struggling to get out the plane, and Cillian Murphy's character
It really is different from other war movies, with a lack of political or social intrigue, purely on the individuals. Very tense and immersive, from the get go.
>>
>>85312616
I'm a dude.

>>85312659
>Women are emotional beings, men are logical beings.
Citation needed.
>>
>>85312659
>men are logical beings
Eh I dunno about that, I don't think humans are generally logical at all. Women are more in tune with their emotions and more likely to overreact to them, and men are less in tune with their emotions and more likely to bottle them up until they cause psychological damage. Neither of those things sound logical. I'm just being pedantic though (and I'm not the anon you were responding to). I think it was motor skills that men's brains are superior in, as well as carrying out tasks.
>>
>>85312876
>Which is why you see women today fighting for equal opportunities, and also to join the military and to protect/fight for what they believe in.
But you don't see nearly as many women as you do men wanting to achieve these goals, and it's all due to our wiring.

It could be argued women are wired this way because of hundreds of thousands to millions of years of what I'd consider male domination and you would consider female oppression (not the same thing) but the fact remains women for biological reasons isn't going to be mentally or physically equipped enough for warfare than men.

>>85312989
>Citation needed.
My girlfriend cries about spilling water on the floor and I tell her it's just water and tell her to clean it up.
>>
File: 1492384822960.jpg (16KB, 539x361px) Image search: [Google]
1492384822960.jpg
16KB, 539x361px
>>85312989
>I'm a dude
Would have been less embarrassing just to pretend to be a woman.
>>
>>85313021
>Eh I dunno about that, I don't think humans are generally logical at all.
Well we're not talking about humanity as a whole, are we?
>>
>>85312769
It's a WW2 movie.
Every WW2 movie (or any war movie for that matter) is going to fall into that category by default.
>>
File: Cripple man outperforms women.webm (873KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cripple man outperforms women.webm
873KB, 500x500px
>>85312989
>>85312468
>women are just as capable as men
>>
>>85313157
Well you broadly said "men" and "women" which covers every human so yeah I made that conclusion. Like I said though, I was just being pedantic.

>>85313077
>My girlfriend cries about spilling water on the floor and I tell her it's just water and tell her to clean it up.
She sounds retarded.
>>
File: jack.jpg (26KB, 781x500px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
26KB, 781x500px
>>85312989
>citation needed
http://www.statisticbrain.com/myers-briggs-statistics/
>>
>>85313251
Because we're specially talking about how the specific sexes operate. Taking that to all of humanity is moving the goalposts if you were having a debate with me.
>>
>>85307996
>another ww2
better than anything else to come out this year
>leaves france out
It depicts the French as the grunts actually covering their retreat, dumbass
>Nolan is a cocky fuck
Explain where in the film it was cocky
>makes england look like the sole leader and victor
Nope, the entire movie and story behind dunkirk is an allied defeat and complete failure. The film even says so at the end.
>>
>Tom Hardy's RAF Pilot character goes through all that shit just to be captured by the nazis

That shit wasn't fair man.
>>
>dinner with my family
>all my siblings are constantly on their phones
>hanging out with friends
>all of them are constantly watching their phones
>walking down the street
>dodge retards because they're too busy looking at their phones to see where they're going
>go anywhere to do anything
>every single person around my age is only looking at their fucking phones
I hate fucking cellphones.
>>
>>85313471
He was an RAF officer, he was going to be treated a lot better than most soldiers.
>>
>>85312939
Anyone else saw it yet? Can't all be shitposters
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (183KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
183KB, 640x528px
>>85313471
Better than being captured by the Allies :^)
>>
>>85313476
>I hate fucking cellphones.
it's an acquired taste ;^)
>>
My only one real relatively minor complaint with the movie was that PTSD soldier guy sitting on the sunken ship the old man rescues.

Just who the fuck was he?
>>
Everyone fuck off back to r/movies
>>
>>85313703
He was on the boat that sunk with the three boys on it after it got torpedoed by a U-boat. He just didn't want to go back to Dunkirk.
>>
>>85313703
He survived a torpedo bombing of one of the rescue ships, got PTSD from it, flipped shit over going back to Dunkirk, and killed a kid.
>>
Saw it earlier today in 70mm. First time seeing a film in 70mm. There seemed to be more flickering on screen than i thought there'd be. I'm sure i could expect some, but all the scenes set on the beach were flickering like mad.
>>
>>85313862
I kind of noticed the flickering too.
>>
>>85305777
maybe that's because the movie was shit and didn't bother to give any of the characters an actual personality or character development.
>>
>>85313990
Maybe because the point of the movie was supposed to be about an almost disastrous retreat and not individual soldiers.

Everyone was the same character at Dunkirk: they wanted to get the fuck home.
>>
>>85313990
>missing the movie's entire point this much
>>
>>85313990
>didn't bother to give any of the characters an actual personality or character development
That was the point.
>>
>>85313990
How much of a faggot do you have to be to have this opinion after having seen the film?
Are you a woman?
>>
>>85313990
Yeah because everyone at dunkirk sat around in campfires talking about their lives at home or thier mom's cooking and what they're going to do to thier wives/girlfriends when they get back
>>
>>85305777
I ended up having a negative experience but for totally different reasons

>go way out of my way to see it in IMAX 70mm
>It's an old theater that's part of the Maryland Science Center that usually shows educational films
>Seats are impossibly small and cramped
>Pretty sure the only speakers were two on the sides and one or more behind the screen
>All dialogue echos and literally half of it is incomprehensible
>There was an insane amount of dust somewhere in the projector resulting in dozens of moving bits of fiber all over the screen.

Still enjoyed the movie and 70mm is pretty sweet but not worth it unless the theater can properly display it. From now on any IMAX films I see will be true IMAX size but only at actual movie theaters, even if it's digital.
>>
>>85308622
Iron Maiden? Good taste Anon.
>>
>the only black people in the movie were french soldiers trying to flee the battle

BRAVA
>>
>>85314194
>>85313990
>>85314298
>it' totally fine that the movie failed at basic storytelling because reasons.

It's a movie, not a fucking re-enactment. If the movie fails to give any actual personality to the characters then you fail to care about what happens to any of them. There was nothing to make you connect to the characters themselves short of them being in a bad situation. It fails at telling an engaging story because you simply don't give a shit whether anybody in the movie lives or dies because they're bland cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>85312619
He actually said "six million of God's chosen."
>>
>>85313990

Dunkirk is a movie about the sacrifice of duty. Nolan conveyed that when Hardy burned his airplane at the end.

Women won't ever understand how it feels to be expendable and giving it all for their country.
>>
File: 1499729508243.png (204KB, 462x455px) Image search: [Google]
1499729508243.png
204KB, 462x455px
>>85314679
>It's a movie, not a fucking re-enactment.
Such shit tier bait
>>
>>85314778
>wanting a movie to actually be engaging is bait.
>>
>>85305855
>Joining a group where some alpha slaps you and calls you mean words for being slow on the climbing wall
>Fighting wars for rich people's gain
>Calling themselves an alpha
I AM LAUGHIN
>>
>>85314679
Jeremy Jahns please leave
>>
I saw this in 70MM in a small movie theater that clearly wasn't properly equipped for it. I'm kind of pissed actually because the theater has two IMAX screens and it wasn't screened on either for the showing I went to, just a regular auditorium

It's actually the theater that Jay and Mike from RLM most commonly go to, I was hoping I might run into them at the first showing
>>
>>85314719
so are we mad because the movie brings up the Holocaust and you people are a bunch of /pol/tards

or is because this is suppose to be 1940, before the Holocaust really happened and well before it was common public knowledge

because while the second one annoys me, it doesn't surprise me, somehow film maker manage to make literally anyone look like an expert historian compared to them whenever they make movies
>>
File: delete.jpg (37KB, 627x627px) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
37KB, 627x627px
>>85314679
>There was nothing to make you connect to the characters themselves short of them being in a bad situation.
This is what women think.
>>
>>85314981
There's no Holocaust reference. The first person saying that was joking, and then I was having a giggle at the idiot who took the original joke seriously and got upset about it.
>>
>people bitching about the lack of diversity
>mfw theres a fat fuck Senegalese soldier in French uniform staring right at the camera as they're getting uppity at the British officer for not letting them onto the medical evacuation boat
>>
>>85314981
You're missing the joke. Nolan never mentions
>muh six million
At any point which I appreciated because nearly every WW2 film feels the need to virtue signal about it even though it didn't happen
>>
>>85314981
>implying the slaughter of 6 billion Jews happened
>>
>>85315084
not a film but Band of Brothers was so fucking egregious with this. That camp liberation episode, yeah IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED. 101st had been away from Landsberg for a week before it was discovered after the US Infantry there got a tip off from a local.

Gets even worse when you consider the distraught Jew Liebgott was actually a practising Catholic
>>
>>85315084
it totally happened, although the total number is much higher, people just only seem to talk about the 6 million Jews and forget about all the Catholics, Gypsies, Communists and other groups that were killed to

also yeah its dumb to have people talk about it during WW2, since most people didn't know about it and certainly didn't know details
>>
File: 15655865221.png (239KB, 710x777px) Image search: [Google]
15655865221.png
239KB, 710x777px
>>
>>85315216
>it totally happened, although the total number is much higher
Absolutely, at least 10 million, no, 16 million innocent of God's chosen died at the hands of those evil Nazis.

>people just only seem to talk about the 6 million Jews and forget about all the Catholics, Gypsies, Communists and other groups that were killed
Oy vey, are you a fucking Nazi? It was only us innocent Jews.
>>
>>85315245
Just a reminder that since the 1840s the British have placed Muslim soldiers at the bottom of their "Martial Races" theory. They were dogshit and usually only fit for colonial policing duties in non-Muslim areas (so they'd do their actual job).
>>
>>85306384
This
>>
>>85305777
>disinterested people at a shit film

finally people are catching up to the fact that Nolan is hack
Armond white said it best
>"Nolan’s visual language is full of gaps; its pretense at Alain Resnais–style time-shifting seems some kind of joke when a director can’t accomplish straightforward storytelling."
>>
>>85315357
yeah it was the 19th century, literally everyone had a dozen bullshit racial theories based on little more than meeting two brown people

I'm sure we could dig up some very interesting biology textbooks written by slave owners from the same time period
>>
>>85315357
Gurhkas are top tier soldiers though in fairness, if we ever get the chindits movie we deserve they need to be front and center
>>
>>85315395
>Nolan divides his story into three anachronistic yet interlocking sections: British commander Kenneth Branagh oversees the massive boat lift; pilot Tom Hardy does aerial combat to keep German planes from strafing the beached armed forces; civilian Mark Rylance joins a flotilla of private boats and picks up downed pilot Cillian Murphy
>Armond thinks Cillian Murphy was the Spitfire pilot

What a retard.
>>
>>85305920
unfortunately this is an accurate representation of Toronto
>>
>>85311993
>excluded from

Yeah man they really missed out

Women wanted to fight in both world wars but got excluded by evil cis white males
>>
>>85308180
It's кинeмaтoгpaф in Russian.
>>
File: 1500004611324.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500004611324.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>85312989

>citation needed
>>
>>85305777
were they disinterested or uninterested?
>>
>>85306513
The United States of ADHD
>>
>>85312665
any boy (or girl) that goes "woah, that''s awesome" over real life gore is a serial killer in the making.
>>
>>85311596
But you did the exact same thing you literal fucking retard

>recognise
Just get it over with man your body is decaying fast and your minds decaying faster

I'd rather type it out than trying to copy and paste on my buggy phone
>>
>>85308047
>white smoke from planes

Yes that was dumb as fuck. It was like a video game where it's the default/only sign a plane has been hit/is going down
>>
>>85313208
My sides
>>
>>85305777
Dunkirk is a pleb filter. Normies go to it expecting capeshit-tier action, but come out disappointed.
>>
>>85314082
I didn't like the timeskips. Not from going to Tom Hardy to the rescue boat time skips. I mean from the french kid's side. I wish I would have known before hand to catch on quicker. I'll have to rewatch it.

My other problem with the film was the scale. There were 400k soldiers, but it looked like it was only 200-400 soldiers.
>>
File: 1375024083540.jpg (284KB, 2472x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1375024083540.jpg
284KB, 2472x1358px
>>85308047
>>85316682
>white smoke from airplanes is unrealistic
no its not you ignorant nigger fuckers.
the me109e-4 has radiators in the wings.
the radiators get shot and shoot out water vapor.
which is... wait for it....
WHITE SMOKE

dumb nigger fuckers
>>
>>85308047
White smoke is usually fuel or coolant leaking, very common in ww2 dogfights
>>
>>85305777
I wanted to see this with my mommy but she said the war scenes would make her jump around :(
>>
>>85305777
i went to see it with my girlfriend and she was saw the whole thing
on the otherhand some bimbo bitch got up about 6 times to leave out the theater for whatever reason
>>
Anyone else think the captions in the opening scene were fairly pointless?

The flier communicated all the information in one succinct visual, minus the vacuous lines about miracles and deliverance (sentiments that are obvious to the audience once applecheeks arrives at the beach).
>>
>>85305920
that was the most impressive expression of homosexuality i've ever seen. im literally clapping right now
>>
>>85306051
White men will appreciate the absence of empirelet mongrel socialists.
>>
>>85306144
IMDB staff going IN.
>>
>>85306051
>>85312148
You should fucking read a book. This movie was about the evacuation, not the battle fought to protect the evacuation.

You must also go into libraries in a furious rage over the fact that they contain books. Which you don't read.
>>
>400,000 men in one place
>330,000 men escape

Holy shit how fucking incompetent are the krauts? No wonder they haven't accomplished anything as a people.
>>
>>85305777

literally "movies women will never understand" tier
>>
>>85305777
Dunkirk more like Bodies by Drowning Pool
>>
>>85308168
I'll take "shit that never happened" for $500, Alex
>>
>>85317640
>330k escape

Why did it seem like 50 guys escaped?
>>
You know those guys who see a movie 3 weeks after it was released and make a thread about it after they see it and tell everyone what they thought about it even though everyone discussed the movie a few weeks back?

I am going to be that guy with this movie. See you in a few weeks.
>>
>>85311630
people tried to clap, it was bad
>>
Now that I think about it, I don't think a single female character spoke in the whole movie. In fact, there were no female characters except for a shot at one of the nurses in the ship.
>>
>>85318619
Based
>>
>>85318619
>I don't think a single female character spoke in the whole movie
A few did, one saying there were nice cups of tea and then another who was talking to the British Commander on the mole.
>>
>>85314840
>Talking shit on /tv/ about people who literally spent their days running and shooting people
You're a fat-ass and they're not.
>>
>>85305920
that fucking save was beautiful
>>
nolan's retarded time-skip faggotry served absolutely zero purpose in this movie, and in fact made it worse off

prove me wrong
>>
>>85314981
>brings up legitimate point
>still considers blaming the evil /pol/ boogeyman
you were so close
>>
>>85308886
Nobody cares, tits or GTFO
>>
>>85305855

Kenneth Branaugh had tears in his eyes when the fleet of boats showed up. Fucking fantastic scene too.
>>
Liberals have no sense of respect when it comes to honor and pride of other people. Unless the subject matter is explicitly all nigger or the other "oppressed minorities", liberals will never call a movie that portrays the history of whites, or tries to rekindle the former patriotism many white nations had, because to the liberal mind, all white men are evil, despite so many white males making the sacrifice to make the world what it is today.
>>
>>85318818
The only point where I found that jarring was during the night time where apparently Cillian Murphy was ordering people around on smaller boats. I must have missed something but what the fuck happened between then and him being the sole survivor of a ship?
>>
>>85319113
I love Kenneth Branaugh, no homo
>>
My gf is constantly on her phone and wouldn't dream of getting on it during a movie, she really enjoyed Dunkirk, I really don't think I know any woman who would do that desu, are American women really that different?
>>
>>85308047
>doesn't know anything about the time period

DISCARDED
>>
I'm taking my grandfather to see this tomorrow, he better not think its shit or I'm going to blame you guys.
>>
>>85318337
Because I assume you can't have 330000 extras get into boats
>>
>>85319159
Not everything is politics. There are jerks on both sides of the fence.
>>
>>85319338
Don't go to Imax or he'll die from the overpressure of the sound
>>
>>85305920
This should be a Silent Hill monster.
>>
>>85305777
I wonder why.....

https://youtu.be/dxeTyhvL8eo
>>
>>85305777
Tbh the sound was loud enough to drown out any sort of distractions. Just the gun fire right at the start of the movie was enough to make everyone shut up and get off their phones.
>>
>>85316682
>>85308047

>rants about something that he knows nothing about
>>
File: almond.jpg (113KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
almond.jpg
113KB, 1050x591px
>>85315530

>Nolan never has gay people in his movies
>Nolan never has black people in his movies
>Armond is a gay black guy
>Armond hates all of Nolan's movies

Holy shit, did I crack the code?
>>
>>85315141
> i have a gun from buchenwald made by slave labor, theres no way the holocaust happened and the gun was made up from thin air
>>
>>85319434
Kek
>>
>>85317640
Halt order by their Fuhrer. It was a clusterfuck of defiance between high and ground command.

>>85312496
>>85312627
Fuck. I will watch it on Bluray then.
>>
>>85319209
>I love Kenneth Branaugh, no homo

He was looking thicc in that uniform, yes homo
>>
>>85308047
actually you're right

>modern buildings are obviously visible on beach scenes, even my GF who isn't into such shit noticed
>shitty CGI + small plane which was the 2nd plane shot down
>buildings aren't damaged at fucking all yet at night scene you can see fires in Dunkirk
>shows civilians coming to dunkirk while in in FACT most were commandeered by the British Navy without notifying the owners
>Color Propaganda, yeaaah right
>torpedo being lit up, wtf
>>
>>85319209
There's literally nothing gay about wanting to slurp Kenneth Branaughs balls
>>
>>85306051
thats what made me like this movie even more
in war, you cant even see shit. you just shoot and hoping its land on the enemy or at least create a surpression.
>>
>>85306051
It's all about tension man.
>>
File: 1489208974402.gif (3MB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489208974402.gif
3MB, 320x352px
>>85308047
>shitty white smoke from airplanes
hahahahahahahahahahaha
wait sorry
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Congrats on knowing literally nothing about WW2 era planes
>>
>GF always quietly watches movies never taking phone out
>only asks questions at the end
>>
>>85311527
The universe is misogynistic. Misogyny will never be a thing of the past.
>>
File: 1475925813509.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1475925813509.png
220KB, 500x372px
Only problem I have with the movie is the soldiers getting that dingy out to sea.

>"Start the boat!"

Apparently that can be done from under the deck? No one went up to flip the engine on or make sure that it was in reverse.

If the waterlevel inside the vessel is equal to the waterlevel outside, it's not coming out of the sand. Coupled with the weight of however many soldiers, it's even moreso true. They tried to convey this by attempting to boot the Frog, but it made it out to sea anyways?

A boat isn't going to make its way through the surf like that, in reverse, on its own. It doesn't just cut through it like butter.

>Getting holes blown into it
>1 minute passes after they firing completely stops
>Abandon ship
>They're all the way out to sea, well out of range of anyone firing from the shore
>Holes are getting blown from Port AND Starboard, which couldn't possibly the be case if they're actually angled to be headed out to sea. They'd only be shooting the bow area if they where making a beeline out to sea, and only be hitting Port OR Starboard if they where headed out in essentially a 45 Degree angle

Overall the movie was fantastic, that just tickled by autism.
>>
>>85308535
The French held off the Germans long enough for the British to evacuate
>>
>>85305920
what is he doing
>>
>>85310493
>no historical notes
Uh what's the movie about? And the Churchill speech? Plane names? Uboats?

It's seems to me you are the normie
>>
>>85305777

>War movie focused on a conflict between Eutopean men

Why would women go other than being dragged by their boyfriends or husbands?

If they are young girls, perhaps for Harry Styles, I suppose.
>>
>>85305777
Women are into war movies about as much as men are into rom coms.

>>85305855
>fighting for one's people
World War 2 was a different era and there are many ways you can justify that war with logic that makes sense.

If you're meaning to imply that the current wars of occupations in the middle east are "fighting for one's people", you're a tool. You don't alleviate terrorist sentiment by haphazardly bombing weddings, funerals, orphanages, and hospitals.

Guess who's actually fighting for freedom? The middle easterners fighting our occupational force.
>>
>>85311993

Women are unable to match men in warfare because they are physically, intellectually and psychologically inferior.
>>
>>85311456
dunkirk if you want a proper cinematic experience
>>
Male here
It was boring as fuck
>>
>>85305777

Some neat shots and good sound design but holy fuck it was repetitive and dragged way too hard for a movie thats only 107 min long.
>>
>>85322320
>>Getting holes blown into it
>>1 minute passes after they firing completely stops
>>Abandon ship
>>They're all the way out to sea, well out of range of anyone firing from the shore

its a typical Nolan-esque mistake t b h
>>
>>85305777
I blame 3rd wave feminism, so much is being placed on how women are good and men are bad, that it's hard for these idiots who make up the main population to look at things from a different perspective.

Women are taught that they can do anything they want and that whatever they do they are the best. When shown from a different perspective that young men, are taught the glory in battle and go die so others can be save they simply don't sympathize with that. Because it doesn't effect them.

I found the movie horrifying, constantly reminding myself that these young kids were sent in to just die. That they had perspectives of glory in battle but like what the old, man who was blind from WW1 said, "surviving is enough", that the battles aren't glorious. It's really touching.

But with women they don't understand that perspective at all, they don't see that these men were willing to give up their lives so that they could stay home and be save. They don't understand their own privilege, because they are taught that men have the privilege not the women. Women are protected in society, men aren't.
>>
File: 1353290550996[2].jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353290550996[2].jpg
111KB, 500x500px
If the boat was filling with water, how was pushing the French guy out supposed to make it light enough to float?
>>
Why was this movie so fucking tiny when they did nothing but hype the scale of the film? Rousing scene with English civilians coming to ferry men off the beach in their pleasure yachts? Oh, only like 7-10 boats. How grand.

400,000 people on a beach littered the refuse of war? Nope, just pristine beachfront and like 2,000 soldiers.

What the fuck was Nolan doing? Did he completely misplace the scale of the event?

The rest of the movie was pretty great.
>>
>>85315245
Pakistan didn't exist
>>
>>85322463
grown women are going for Harry Styles.
>>
Does anyone know if the Seattle's Cinerama is true imax 70mm? It's listed as that on Dunkirk's site but not on imax's>
>>
Saw it in a big IMAX in a major American city. The entire crowd was totally into it and the old guy next to me cried several times, as did others in the theater. Nobody even clapped like a retard at the end, everybody was just exhausted like they'd cum themselves
>>
>>85323160
its easy to make it seem crowded and lack focus.

by the way i know in the actual event it was crowded as shit with people shoulder to shoulder the entire beach, but that makes for a bad movie
>>
>>85305777
Why we're you looking at random women you fucking creep.
>>
>>85308047

You forgot

>didn't even use an original WW2 destroyer
>>
>>85306513
I'm gonna guess it's there same shithole where people applaud giant television screens
>>
>guy next to me keeps clearng his throat and by the end of the movie finished 3 beers

after some point i stopped getting annoyed and appreciated it as his sound effects seemed to complement the movie
>>
> celebrating a retreat that was only made possible by Hitlers orders to not cross the canal linie when guderians tanks were already on top of the britbongs assholes

JUST
>>
>>85308055
I'm lamaoing at your life
>>
>>85319733
A Jew was forced to make a gun =/= 6 million Jews were gasses to death
>>
>>85306144
>Females under 18
>96
>>
>>85306051
you just dont understand
>>
>>85312699
Nope, its a 12A mate
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dunkirk-film
>>
>>85305777
females have a short attention span.
>>
>>85325312
im not saying this is a bad thing though
>>
>>85315513
When the Indian's mutinied over muh sacred animal fats in the cartridges, despite also seeing the Cow as sacred the Gurkha's fucked them up anyway just to prove they weren't whinging pussies.

Gurkha's are hardcore and I'd actually love to see a proper movie at some point. It'd even appease the lefties because it'd focus on non whites.
>>
>>85305777
>it's another "unemployed virgins hate women and obsess over masculinity" episode
When will they stop making these
>>
>>85325312
My girlfriend liked it a lot and we dicussed it pretty in depth afterwards. I'm pretty lucky
>>
>>85325539
>it's an 'i can get pussy therefore women are awesome' faggot
>>
>>85307745
it's not much your typical war movie at all though. hardly any shooting (only the aircraft do) or bombing at all. and when an aircraft is shooting it is quite a cinematographic shot
>>
>>85305967
dont worry about him, he's just a mum deprived faggot.
>>
>>85311535
>i'm such a hardcore /tv/ dweller that idk how to use Google.com
>>
>>85325102
Harry Styles is in it remember?
>>
>>85307247
>almost
>he's happy with that

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
>>
>>85305777
I am a man and thought this movie was dull as shit. All it did was make me want to watch Saving Private Ryan again.
My girlfriend, however, for some reason loved it. She usually has pretty good taste in movies though.
>>
>>85317085
that's an F-4 thought during BoF and BoB you had E-3 and E-4 in the latter parts E-7 109s >>85325312
>>
>>85317282
spotted the american
>>
Just saw it with my Dad. Perfect person to see it with desu. Absolutely loved it.
>>
Who did it better?

Nolan or Wright?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.