[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, what were the best movies of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1496354730547.jpg (27KB, 1056x380px) Image search: [Google]
1496354730547.jpg
27KB, 1056x380px
So now that the dust has settled, what were the best movies of 2016? How do you rate the year?

The only ones I remember I enjoyed a lot were 10 cloverfield lane and zootopia. I think 2016 was shit. 2017 is already much better.
>>
>>
>>85305652
How can you enjoy movies like Rogue One or Arrival? Do you need to be a patrician?
>>
>>85305773
arrival was great didnt really expect it aswell
rogue one meh think disney are ruining it now desu casts are a joke
>>
>>85305598
There hasn't been a single good movie since 1976, it's all become too loud and epic. I'm 54 so I would know, considering that was a point that I started to become more cynical and could really tell that modern moviegoing audiences were all babies.
>>
>>85305598
Handmaiden and Nocturnal Animals were pretty good, don't remember much else desu
>>
>>85305799
Tell me more about Arrival. I haven't actually watched it but I skimmed through the short story it is based on and it looks fucking retarded.
>muuh langauge that can see the past and the future
>muh choices muh bullshit

>>85305875
I don't know a single good movie pre 1976. So you are even shitting on movies like The Thing and there are many decent modern movies, much more so than old ones.
>>
>>85305943
it was one of the best movies from 2016
gripping interesting thought provoking
liked the bit at the end with the jap in the suit
>>
>>85305998
>thought provoking
kay then it isn't for me

I am just not intellegent enough for movies that really make you go hmmm. I only want entertainment
>>
>>85306035
bit sad aswell
>>
Kubo was a darkhorse that did well
>>
>>85305998
Damn good cinematography too
>>
>>85306145
Kubo wasn't any good outside of visuals
>it did well
It flopped hard
>>
>>85305598

My preferences, no order:

>The Handmaiden
>Nocturnal Animals
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Hell or High Water
>Sully
>Hail Caesar!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.