[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they shoot the horses? I saw the same thing in "The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: atonement.png (2MB, 1676x912px) Image search: [Google]
atonement.png
2MB, 1676x912px
Why did they shoot the horses?
I saw the same thing in "The Revenant" but i can only guess the reasons.

One theory was that maybe they don't want the enemies to breed their horses, since most of them came from private stables.

Anyone know?
>>
>>85304562
Those were Nazi horses who alerted the Germans to their presence. WIthout those horses the evacuation of Dunkirk would never have had to have happened.
>>
>>85304562
At that time Germans were still using horses to move large amounts of goods. The soldiers could not save the horses but just like equipment they don't want the Germans to be able to use the horses they leave behind. Thus they shoot them.
>>
>>85304624
That doesn't sound right.
Then why did the dude in "The Revenant" shoot the horses of his own men?
I mean, they evacuated by boat, but why kill the horses and not just leave them behind?
>>
>>85304562
Are you serious?

Historically horses are taken out for 2 reasons in war:
1) They're killed when there's nothing to feed them with
2) They're killed for meat. German did it a lot on the Eastern Front, when supplies ran out.
>>
>>85304562
Killed so the Germans couldn't use them. The Brits were autistic about all resources during the war, not just their own biscuit rations.
>>
>>85304728
Well most people in this thread clearly think there are more reasons
>>
Shot them to keep them out of enemies hands
>>
>>85304728
"the historical reason horses are brought to war is they are killed when there's nothing to feed them with"

you should proof read what you write.
>>
In 1940 the British Army was almost entirely mechanised due to its smaller size, but the French and German armies still relied on horses to get stuff around.

Horses are not very patriotic, due to that, they could be used by the enemy.
>>
Soldiers would also disable any vehicles left behind during war.
>>
>>85304987
taken out = killed, disposed of

brainlet
>>
>>85304562
Can't comment on the movie in your pic OP but in 'The Revenant' the reason they do it is to keep them out of the Indians hands.
They weren't able to get the horses on the boat so the only choice was kill them or let the Indians get them, and use them for more raids.
Note that not long after that scene, the chief is shown urgently demanding the French that they give him horses. He expected to gain more from the frontiersmen.
>>
>>85304562
They didn't really shoot them, it was either stunt horses or CGI.
>>
>>85305269
dumb frogposter
>>
>>85305269
You fucker, I just spat on my monitor laughing.
>>
>>85305043
>Horses are not very patriotic
Are horses Jews?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.