[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Netflix's ambitious new series The Crown is the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: crown_xlg.jpg (194KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
crown_xlg.jpg
194KB, 1012x1500px
>Netflix's ambitious new series The Crown is the most expensive TV series to date, costing the streaming service over $130 million/season

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>85301340
Whats weird about it? They want to move into prestige drama, so they picked a subject most people are somewhat familiar with and that allows for lots of nice sets.
>>
>>85301340
I saw few episodes it wasn't even good and why is the fuck is it so expensive since they don't need cgi and it's just people talking in rooms
>>
The Churchill-centric episode is pure unadulterated kino
>>
>>85303343
That one is the best, a decrepit Churvhill trying to maintain his own self built legend. Didn't realise till after that Sutherland was Stannis.
>>
>>85303343
He burned the painting...
>>
>>85303452
In real life apparently it was his wife that burned it. Churchill himself just shoved it under the stairs, but she felt it haunted him or something.
>>
>>85301340
How is it that expensive? How do you get CGI in a series like this?
>>
>>85301340
A quality movie may cost up to like 100million to make and that's only 2 hours long.
If you're going to make a quality season long show that's 10+ hours, I'd say it's a bargain.
>>
>>85304392
Whenever they take a shot of Buckingham palace
>>
>>85304392
You don't you shoot semi on location in big old English country houses, with ancient families in need of cash and the National Trust gouging you for money, there's probably some hefty insurance fees to pay as well in case you damage something. Certain sets like the outside of Downing street had to be built as it's changed so much, and apparently they flew to South Africa to shoot the Kenya scenes.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crown_(TV_series)#Development
>>
How many black cocks is the queen going to take?
>>
s2 when
>>
>>85304630
This seems like a show british royalty would pay for to shill themselves.
>>
>>85304724
>This seems like a show british royalty would pay for to shill themselves.
What?
>The Queen as a dim housewife out of her element and trapped in a increasingly loveless marriage
>Prince Philip as an alcoholic womaniser who expected a traditional marriage but now is forever subservient to his wife
>The Queen Mother as a failed mother who didn't ensure her daughters got a proper education
>Princess Margaret as a 1950s party girl, whos's on a mission to bring down the monarchy from within
>>
>>85301340
It showed too. This shit looked expensive as fuck.

>>85305049
>on a mission to bring down the monarchy from within

All she wanted to do was marry the guy she loved. But the show made it seem like Elizabeth was a heartless shrew when she actually tried to do a lot to make it possible in real life. To this day nobody knows why Margaret just said fuck it.
>>
>>85305220
>All she wanted to do was marry the guy she loved. But the show made it seem like Elizabeth was a heartless shrew when she actually tried to do a lot to make it possible in real life
Yeah I did some research post show, both the Queen and PM were ultimatly in favour of it. I assume the show did it to make everything that could possibly go wrong for the Queen and the country that could.
>>
>>85301340
Nothing will ever convince me that Elizabeth was anything other than being an amazing human being
>>
>>85304392
Period dramas cost more than anything else because of costumes alone
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.