[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does this movie get so much hate when the first one(ringu)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sadako-vs.-kayako-poster.jpg (55KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
sadako-vs.-kayako-poster.jpg
55KB, 450x675px
how does this movie get so much hate when the first one(ringu) wasn't even that great either? to be frank ringu was kind of boring. sadako vs kayako was more enjoyable
>>
>>85298131
Ringu is good you bonehead.
>>
>>85298131
Ringu was good, Ju-On was honestly garbage, none of them are scary at all
>>
I thought SvK was fun, but still disappointing. The actual fight was what they already showed in the trailers plus about ten seconds of extra footage. It also more of a Ring movie than a Ju-On movie, I appreciated the build up to our first Kayako reveal but it's a shame the Ju-On curse didn't really have any relevance to this movie until the end. The way they combined the franchises seemed really fucking lazy and weird too. I liked the ghost hunter guy, he was amazingly cheesy, but the resolution is to just oh, let's infect you with the Ju-On curse so the two ghosts fight, and that's the only time the Ju-On curse has any relevance to the movie.

Thing is this wasn't a difficult versus movie to pull off. They should've had the victims infected with both curses from the very beginning, watch the videotape in the house. Easy. Now Sadako cant kill her victims because she's on a seven day time limit, she has to wait. But Kayako can strike anytime she wants. So throughout the duration of the movie you could have Toshio / Kayako carrying out an attack, but Sadako appears every time and fights them off to protect her victims long enough so she can kill them. This way you could have multiple battles throughout the movie.

You could have the girls learn from the very beginning they could remove Sadako's curse by making someone else watch the videotape, but doing this would leave them with no protection against Kayako. So while we get the occasional fight scene, the movie could focus on the girls trying to find a way to stop the Ju-On curse.

It's such an obvious story which holds potential for much more fun setpieces I don't understand why they didn't go with it.
>>
>>85298131
Ju-on is pure fucking shit. Even the remake is better.
>>
>>85299149
Imagine having opinions this shit.
>>
>>85299220
Narrative mess and cheap jumpscares. There's nothing more to it really.
>>
>>85299360
Jumpscares? Literally name them.

As for the narrative you must be a fucking simpleton to not understand what's happening. If you're going to complain about the narrative you should be complaining it's incredibly basic. Ju-On is a film very much about the atmosphere, not the fucking story.

Not only this, you criticize Ju-On for jump scares (which it has about two of) but claim the remake is better, when it has 10x the jump scares, obnoxious music during the "scary" scenes and uses CGI for the most basic of scares. They literally couldn't get the actress that plays Kayako to be on the other side of a fucking doorway so they CGI'd her in. Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.