[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Critics have seen Mookie's action both as an action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: Do_the_Right_Thing_poster.png (204KB, 260x384px) Image search: [Google]
Do_the_Right_Thing_poster.png
204KB, 260x384px
>Critics have seen Mookie's action both as an action that saves Sal's life and as an "irresponsible encouragement to enact violence"
However, his actions were spoken out the day after when he said that it was all for his dead friend. Not really to protect him. Spike scratched the ending where this was moreso implied in order to divide the audience. But:

>Lee believes they are implicitly failing to see the difference between property and the life of a black man
Which directly means that he did it even moreso out of anger. The protagonist was a nigger to begin with, like many others.
Whenever they became fools, the whites told them to stop. Then they fooled out even more and the whites got caught up in that shit as well. "Do the right thing", indeed.

Meanwhile, Mookie is money-driven, lacks responsibility and will continue to be a bitch. He barely gives a shit and is a black stereotype.
The Italians have their lives destroyed. Mookie says he'll have his insurance, but his "life" has been indeed destroyed here. Can't be compared to the death of a boy, no, but why destroy the store. Beat up the Italians? Were they at fault? It's not the actual right thing, part of the theme. But also makes Spike wrong. There is no justification to destroy the store. Is it better than killing the Italians? Surely. But they redirected their anger.
If "justification" and empathy matters that much, then every action ever is understandable.

I can enjoy movies without liking the (intended or unintended) message, thankfully, and it's a great film. It also represents "fight the power" in a reverted way and I like that.
But I think Spike is certainly trying to justify his negros too much.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.