[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Steven Spielberg's War of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: War of the Worlds.jpg (2MB, 3240x1755px) Image search: [Google]
War of the Worlds.jpg
2MB, 3240x1755px
What are your thoughts on Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds?
Is it a good movie?
Did it need to be more adherent to the book?
>>
>>85290827
>Is it a good movie?
no
>>
>>85291894
what's bad about it?
>>
File: ghast.gif (431KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
ghast.gif
431KB, 500x359px
Wish Spielberg didn't stay adhered to the pg13 rating. He really could've made it that much more terrifying if he actually showed what happened to people.

Also the ferry scene always gets my butthole clenched.
>>
>>85292447
The train scene fucks me up
>>
>>85292492
I don't understand why people think that's scary.
To me, it was just a train on fire, nothing more than that really.
>>
>>85290827
it pisses me off severley, why wasnt it in 19th Century England? Spielberg is usually good at authenticity so why did he decide to just shit in HG Wells mouth?
Fuck you Spielberg
>>
>>85292537
Because he wanted to make a 9/11 movie and make the story contemporary?
>>
>>85292537
He was basically trying to cash in on the post 9/11 hysteria about America being attacked by an unknown force. He said in an interview that he wanted to show the average "American refugee".
>>
>>85292576
so that would be like him taking Peter Pan and setting it in modern day New York

fuck off Spielburger with your rape of literature. I guarantee if HG Wells was alive today he'd smack him in his fucking mouth.
>>
>>85292780
Wells would probably be like "Holy shit that's terrifying"
Welles however would be drunk and disorderly
>>
I liked it
>>
File: disconcerting.jpg (34KB, 410x429px) Image search: [Google]
disconcerting.jpg
34KB, 410x429px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBS7J3KHWhQ

>stuck in a bunker with a crazed /pol/ user
>>
The basement scene ruins the movie. You have to sit there and watch them hide and do nothing with no plan and no idea of what's going on outside for what feels like 40 minutes. This is bad in part because it gets rid of the cool set pieces, which were the main draw up to that point because even though the characters were just stumbling around barely escaping attacks with no clear goal to work towards there were at least cool scenes happening. Then it all comes grinding to a halt and you have to deal with Tim Robbins being fat and annoying
>>
>>85290827
good movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlGcqKZ6BBA
>>
>>85293789
This
First half of the movie is fantastic, but then it just gets boring as all hell.

>NOT MY BLOOD
>NOT MY BLOOD
>NOT MY BLOOD
>>
>>85290827
I really want a War of the Worlds movie set in the early years of the 20th century. With the Martian design from the Jeff Wayne album.
>>
>>85294196
This, but I still think that Spielberg's tripod design is the best.
>>
I thought it was ok but one thing that really annoyed me. Where the hell did Tom Cruise's son come from at the end???
>>
>>85294497
He drove home in a tripod
:^)
>>
It's a great movie
>>
Whoosh THUMP
*WOO woo*
Whoosh THUMP
*WOO woo*
Whoosh THUMP
*WOO woo"
>>
>>85292326
>Muhh son returns from the dead scene
>Muhh tripods underground for millions of years
>Muhh "I'll make a 9/11 allegory so I don't have to even try to make a decent movie"
It's a shit movie mate
>>
>>85290827
>Did it need to be more adherent to the book?

It is incredibly faithful to the book. In fact most of the major criticisms of it are straight out of the book, like the son surviving at the end.
>>
>>85290827
The little girl was so fucking terrible. If she had been removed and it focused on the son and father, it would've been way better.
>>
File: 3098719.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
3098719.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
the miles of ground covered in human blood/alien junk fucked me up
fucked me up good
>>
>>85299273
I watched when I was fairly young and it absolutely fucked me and I never finished the whole film for ears because I got so scared
It wasn't until my 4th or 5th watch that I actually made it the whole way through
>>
>>85292532
Yeah really. The scene where they see all the bodies floating downriver to me is more terrifying.

>>85292447
The ferry scene is one of the only parts I remember well
>>
>>85290827
>>85299048

It has barely any relation to the book. As a movie it's okay, nothing special.
>>
File: ww-53.jpg (72KB, 1088x610px) Image search: [Google]
ww-53.jpg
72KB, 1088x610px
1953 version is superior.

To a 10 year old me the sounds these fuckers made was utterly horrifying. In fact a lot of sound effects from this film are burned into my brain

https://youtu.be/WM3PX_GiYHo
>>
>>85299605
The ULLAAAAA!!! sound from the Jeff Wayne album always freaked me out as a kid.

https://youtu.be/4CbGKsjQ09I
>>
>>85299605
Even tho this version doesn't have tripods (I don't think they could even do the effect in 53) I always liked it the most
>>
>>85299759
Unexpected ear rape
>>
>>85299048
>like the son surviving at the end.
Lousy bait mate
>>
>>85300450
They are tripods (technically), if you look at those three green holes at the bottom of them they're supposed to be where "electromagnetic legs" are according to one character. In a few early scenes you scan see where they used a high voltage generator to show where they were, but this kept setting the models on fire, so they stopped using it for later scenes.
>>
I just want a proper adaption.

1900's in Britain, artillery actually taking out tripods, black smoke and HMS Thunderchild.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.