[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Directors that /tv/ only hates because normies and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: christophernolan.jpg (499KB, 634x929px) Image search: [Google]
christophernolan.jpg
499KB, 634x929px
ITT: Directors that /tv/ only hates because normies and redditors like them.
>>
>>85272730
all directors are reddit to a certain extent
>>
>>85272730
He makes dishonest "films".
>>
>/tv/ hates Nolan
ummm no sweetie
>>
>>85273131
True. The label 'Reddit' is thrown around here pretty casually but never has the hat fit as snugly as it does on Christopher Nolan's bloated head. The man is a living, breathing representation of everything wrong with the film* industry.

Everything the man touches seems intent on making stupid people feel smart. Every shot, cut and line of dialogue feels like a not-so-subtle nudge to make the intellectually stunted feel like they're in on some intricate evolution in the art of plot. The sad truth is that Nolan is indeed a genius. Not a filmmaking genius, but a genius at pulling the wool over the eyes of the stupid, ignorant and uncultured swine that currently shovel money into the pigsties of Hollywood.

Christ have mercy on cinema's legacy if this man is to be inducted within its great halls.
*I shudder to use the word 'film' in the same paragraph as the name 'Nolan' but it is unavoidable in this case.
>>
>>85272730
i hate him because he's a terrible director
it has nothing to to with reddit
>>
>>85272730
He's better then most director's today, but he's still mediocre. He's like Tarantino in that way.
>>
>>85273206
So you hate him because he is basically a bridge between summer blockbuster type hollywood films and great masterpieces?
>>
>>85272730
nolan makes clumsy but entertaining stuff a few steps above typical hollywood schlock, i don't hate him for that but i don't think he's particularly great either
>>
>>85273278
He's pseudo intellectual hack with no depth, vision or understanding of his content or work. He exists to enforce spectacle and peddle popcorn to the unwashed masses who lap up calamity and human carnage but his films have no moral message or deep philosophical insight.

Nolan is the epitome of reddit. He is memes.
He does not in anyway stand up to the likes of Bresson, Godard, Noe or Malick
>>
I like him
>>
>Going back to Nolan, the film Inception fails 'The Bechdel Test' quite spectacularly, as do most (though not all) of his others. This doesn't necessarily make the films bad, but it highlights a potential for improvement compared to some filmmakers (even Tarantino is better in that respect).

Just googled "why people hate nolan" and this was one reason from one commenter to a link. So you guys hate Nolan because he doesn;t give in to feminists? Bechdel test is literally shoving in more women into films.
>>
>>85273206
>>85273413
based
>>
>>85273413
Are you so derivative that you have to literally paraphrase Armomd White's Dunkirk review for bait?
>>
>>85273635
If you are not equipped to see through my suit of garbage then you are not qualified to talk to me in the first place. I am /tv/, both as the central metaphor of this post and in a much broader sense. The very fact that there are literal video game players in this thread and you are complicit in that makes you unfit to post on this board.

Become a meat grinder. Grind the meat with every post. No reddit nolanites left alive.
>>
>>85273782
god I wish I was unironically this cool
>>
>>85273206
Go to bed Armond
>>
>>85273420
You, have autism. You may not notice, but you do. I bet you don't even wear underwear under your trousers. I'm gonna kiss your dog, and make love to your sister. There's only one way to cure yourself, delete system 32, and hang yourself. You fucking autistic cunt.
>>
>>85272730
inception is objectively the worst movie ever made that was supposed to be good
>>
>>85273413
You have posted these two same paragraphs atleast twice.
And people still fall for it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.