[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Sci-fi adventures are rarely festive, so Valerian’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: armond.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
>"Sci-fi adventures are rarely festive, so Valerian’s evocation of the color-coded meeting of the gangs in Walter Hill’s The Warriors is a good harbinger — it projects egalitarianism into the future of the universe. Besson avoids cautionary foreboding. He adapts the French comic-book Valérian and Laureline (1967) — in which graphic artists Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mézières first dreamed up the fantastic adventures of a pair of young, romantic cops — by casting the smiley, feral actors Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne as Major Valerian and Sergeant Laureline (whose flirtatious badinage is just cute enough). Besson flaunts the humanism and sexy satire expected from French pop culture, distinguishing his movie from juvenile comic-book blockbusters."

>"Imagine Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, etc. rolled up in one but corralled by a good director with impish humor. Every scene updates or riffs on a preceding genre but particularly Fritz Lang’s 1925 Metropolis, still the ranking cinematic vision of the future. Besson even spoofs himself when Valerian encounters a slave creature, Bubble (played by Rihanna), who morphs into assorted showbiz and sexual icons from Dietrich to Beyoncé. (She expands on that blue singing creature in The Fifth Element, yet not even Rihanna’s Nefertiti evocation matches Chris Tucker’s hilarious androgyn in The Fifth Element.)"

God damn. How can one man be so BASED?
>>
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBaZJche67Y
>>
>>85256591
is this the guy that is always wrong?
>>
>>85256903
>>/reddit/
>>
>>85256591
Of course he hated Dunkirk but liked this garbage
>>
>>85256957
have you seen either of them?
>>
videogamedunkey told me this guy was a contrarian
>>
/ourfam/
>>
>>85256998
but he's consistent
>>
>>85256591
>Dunkirk is pretty much universally critically acclaimed
>Armond doesn't like it because of some bullshit reason that it isn't "patriotic" enough
>Valerian is pretty much a critical flop
>Armond LOVES it and compares it to fucking Metropolis

He's a professional shitposter/contrarian, he can't be 100% serious.
>>
>>85256998
dunkey also said that man of steel sucked so fuck him
>>
>>85256998
>videogamedunkey
sounds like I should care about his opinion
>>
>>85257087
Not really. He liked Hidden Figures, Kubo and the Two Strings and pretty much every Villeneuve film. I would say those picks are not at all consistent with his usual "moral taste"
>>
File: 1467876196224.jpg (43KB, 262x256px) Image search: [Google]
1467876196224.jpg
43KB, 262x256px
top 10 movies of 1998 by armond
>03. The Thin Red Line (Terrence Malick)

I think I'm going to trust armond "patrician" white on this one boys. keep those jimmies rustled
>>
>>85256591
Wtf I want to see that movie now
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.