[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Although this is only Nolan’s third movie that is set,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 12

File: 1500551906455.jpg (24KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
1500551906455.jpg
24KB, 220x330px
>Although this is only Nolan’s third movie that is set, at least partly, in his homeland England — it depicts the evacuation of more than 300,000 British Expeditionary troops trapped in Dunkirk, France, at the start of World War II — he seems incapable of conveying a sense of cultural authenticity or patriotic feeling. (For that, see John Boorman’s WWII memoirs Hope & Glory and Queen & Country.) Preening for fanboys in 70mm, Nolan’s vast, clear views of dull-to-horrific killings, plus amped-up artillery sound effects, are no different from what he did in his Dark Knight trilogy. Like Michael Bay’s fantasy Pearl Harbor (1999), Dunkirk uses history as a pretext to show-off the director’s fascination for calamity.

How can one man be so based?
>>
Nolan BTFO lmao how the fuck can he recover
>>
Someone post the king of /tv/ pic
>>
>>85245104
WTF I hate niggers now
>>
Oh hey, Armond White didn't like a movie most other critics liked. How about that.
>>
>>85245104
>king of /sp/ released
>king of /tv/ exposing the truth yet again
today was a good day
>>
>>85245104
nigger has shit taste. color me suprised
>>
>>85245285
>shit taste

he just recommended a John Boorman movie as a successful replacement for what Dunkirk tried to do, his taste is fantastic
>>
File: 14765498431211.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
14765498431211.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>fantasize about becoming a director
>in my fantasies my films are universally panned and I'm blacklisted from hollywood after my third consecutive flop
>i go off the deep end and in a drug fueled haze, start looking at all of the reviews of my movies
>overwhelmingly negative, everyone accuses me of being a hack
>one positive review, it's from Armond
>start looking up Armond's reviews of my films
>they're all positive
>mfw
>>
>>85245329
he is just trying to be a contrarian and snowflake
movie is fine
>>
>>85245104
>a contrarian being a contrarian

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
>>
>>85245366
Armond is probably the only critic I'd care about pleasing if I made films.
>>
Well he's right about the Bay comparison.
>>
Has Armond ever liked a widely praised film?
>>
>>85245104
Is this faggot the ultimate contrarian or what? Every good movie he calls shit and every shit movie he calls good.
>>
>>85245495

hes a spielberg fan i think so yeah
>>
>Armond White
>he's black

this guy was born a contrarian

/ourguy/
>>
>>85245585
But he's calling a shit movie shit this time
>>
>>85245638
Go away Armond.
>>
>>85245623
He was raised by white people too. the ultimate cuck
>>
>Nolan misuses the big screen the same way Paul Thomas Anderson did in The Master — as a fanboy selling tool but not for aesthetic exploration.

imax, 70mm fags btfo
>>
>>85245104
wew based fucking armond
>>
>>85245585
https://youtu.be/lG2dXobAXLI
At about 2:31 this dude explains the appeal of being the ultimate contrarian, and how it fits into his voice.
>>
>>85245104
>all war films have to convey a sense of patriotic feeling
What a fucking pleb.
>>
>>85245104
Armond "The Honorary" White, does it again
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 442x439px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 442x439px
Ahhh now I remember this is the guy that ruined Get Out's chance of a perfect 100% lol what a boss
>>
>>85245731
Fuck off /v/aggot Dunkey doesn't know shit
>>
>>85245104
I'm shocked I figured he'd like it. Still hating it for "lack of cultural authenticity" just reinforces my belief that he is /pol/ the critic.
>>
>>85245731
lol
>>
>>85245731
these are the people calling armond a contrarian. underage reddit tourists.
>>
>>85245495
just from this year he liked Baby Driver
>>
>>85245985
he is
>>
>>85245988
>In the Almost-Great Baby Driver, Hollywood Goes Asperger’s

>Lots of movies are manipulative, but Edgar Wright’s action-comedy Baby Driver defines the era by pampering its teenage audience.

That's how a "positive" review from him starts out.
>>
>>85245938
He actually loves many very leftist movies. He gave a positive review to Hidden Figures. He also liked Being 17 and said that it's much better than Moonlight.

>The plot follows the romantic and sexual awakening of two seventeen year old boys as their initial animosity, expressed in violence, morphs into love.
>>
>>85245104

guy is so contrarian he literally has the last name White, just so he can say 'actually I'm White' if people call him black.
>>
>needing a dumb nigger to tell you that nolan and dunkirk is shit
Alright, legit, this is my final post on this shitskin nigger tier reddit meme board.
>>
>>85245104
>trashes critically acclaimed Dunkirk
>LOVES the critical flop Valerian

What a flaming fucking contrarian.
>>
>>85246122
t. someone who didn't see Dunkirk
>>
>>85246137
That's nothing, his best review of the year went to Transformers The Last Knight
>>
>>85246022
nah. you're just angry he doesn't like your reddit trash movies. you haven't even watched 1% of the movies he's reviewed
>>
>>85246180
Nice try Armond.
>>
euroshit infestation and black people hate ALWAYS starts in the middle of the night
baka senpai
>>
At least this time /tv/ isn't bitching that he didn't like their favorite kids movies like marvelshit, star wars, etc.
>>
>>85246137
Armond on Valerian
>Imagine Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, etc. rolled up in one but corralled by a good director with impish humor.

And he even has the nerve to compare it to fucking Metropolis. Fucker get's paid to bait and shitpost
>>
File: kingoftv.jpg (19KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
kingoftv.jpg
19KB, 300x279px
Truly he is the kang of /tv/
>>
>>85246057
He's right in both lines
>>
>>85245104
Based Arnold
>>
>>85245495
He loved Hidden Niggers
>>
File: 1495329176285.jpg (66KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495329176285.jpg
66KB, 720x707px
>>85245366
One day, anon. One day.
>>
>>85245104
Armond is so brainwashed with the usual ameritard "we the best lets kill alll the nazis so heroic so victorious" propaganda narrative in ww2 films that he can't handle an actual historically accurate film for once.
>>
>>85245104
Wait, where's the fucking review?
>>
>>85246454
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449721/christopher-nolan-dunkirk-trivializes-wwii-valerian-sci-fi-future-dazzles

And he praises the complete mess of Valerian lmao
>>
>>85245461
Then all you had to do would be make generic action films that would most likely are going to flop and shallowly explore some as generic themes and you would be done, he would reference one or two decent but not critically acclaimed movies that explore the same themes and call it a masterpiece.

The guy always follows a formula and is ready to contradict himself in every review he makes.
>>
>>85246480
>complete mess
why do people keep repeating this exact phrase
>>
>>85246122
based ex-poster
>>
>>85245495

Honestly he likes a lot of wisely praised films. He liked mission impossible, he liked fantastic mr fox, he liked Kubu and the two strings...He'll definitely praise a movie if it matches his taste. He's just really good at seeing the artistic/moral shortcomings in mainstream films than other critics
>>
>>85245104

You know what an Armond White Review really is? A must watch list of other better movies you may not have heard of.
>>
>>85245104
>boo hoo someone made a realistic film about the horrors of war that isn't a chest-thumping jingoistic piece of agitprop
Cry me a fucking river, Yank idiot
>>
>>85246576
they're being paid the same exact amount
>>
>>85245988
Baby Driver is as Marmite as Scott Pilgrim was
>>
If you guys haven't I would read his review of Munich, its a masterpiece

http://www.nypress.com/spielberg-climbs-another-mountain/
>>
File: stampofapproval.jpg (54KB, 633x361px) Image search: [Google]
stampofapproval.jpg
54KB, 633x361px
Who cares? Based Ben likes it and that's enough reason to watch it.
>>
>>85245104
>or patriotic feeling
what about the civies rescuing the soldiers with their boats or Tom Hardy fighting to save his countrymen(and the French) from bombers despite being low on fuel and eventually running out, which resulted in him getting captured by Nazis.
>>
Based black man
>>
>>85245495
No Coutry for Old Men
>>
>>85245677
christopher please stfu and go back to making capeshit
>>
>>85246606
>He's just really good at seeing the artistic/moral shortcomings in mainstream films than other critics

I agree that he talks about morals more than most other critics, but he thinks he has the ultimate moral perspective. His critique of Dunkirk is that it's not patriotic enough, probably because of the portrayal of the scared brits and everyone fighting for their own life. But that's how it literally happened, soldiers like Doss in Hacksaw Ridge are one in a million, most of them were 18 year old scared shitless kids who just wanted to get the fuck out of there by any means possible.
Also he can't talk about morals or politics without mentioning millenials/Obama/post 9/11 america etc
>>
Can Nolan not think of anything more original than yet another WW2 movie? Such a stale and cliche genre, equally as bad as capeshit (which surprise surprise he's best known for). No one seems to care about originality anymore, everything has to be part of an overdone genre that is guaranteed to get good reviews with no risk involved.
>>
>>85246704
Fbpb
Based
>>
>>85246675
>this is the type of filth that enjoys n*lans "films"
and just when i thought nolanites couldnt possibly be anymore leddit
>>
>>85246801
But it's not a yet another ww2 movie, you clearly haven't seen it. It's a movie about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B under heavy fire, not the usual "lets kill all the nazis so heroic" shootout fest.
It's more like a suspensful thriller set in a ww2 setting.
>>
>>85246884
So... like Based Mel's Hacksaw Ridge?
>>
>>85246801
What is 75th anniversary?
>>
>>85246801
You are either braindead or trolling.
>>
>>85246902
Hacksaw Ridge IS the usual "we the best so victorious so heroic slaughter the satanic nazis/gooks" shootout fest.
Dunkirk is nothing like it.
>>
>>85246961

Put more effort in your trolling next time.
>>
>>85245244
whos the king of /sp/?
>>
>>85247029
He's 100% right though. Hacksaw was shit.
>>
>>85247105
You have no taste and it wasn't my point. It wasn't muh heroic slaugther. Did you guys even watch the movie?
>>
>>85246792
>but he thinks he has the ultimate moral perspective

In my experience, most people do. Including the ones making movies.

>>85246884
...and that's been the British presentation of Dunkirk since it happened. He's still toeing a line of propaganda that was written in 1940. There's no insight to be had in repeating old propaganda verbatim, and it's not a better movie because it's not doing the same thing as Fury. If he'd made a movie about Edith Cavill, I'd be saying the same exact thing.

Especially now, when we're getting close to WWII becoming ancient history, with the last people who directly experienced it dying out, there is a moral imperative to give the conflict a proper treatment. Instead, we get propaganda. Nolan deserves to be called out on that, even if his portrayal of the soldiers' emotions could be mistaken for genuine.

In reality the "miracle at Dunkirk" was a clusterfuck of epic proportions, and would have knocked Britain out of the war if they hadn't been an island. I'd rather watch a movie about the exasperated propaganda boys who had to turn their nation's failing into something palatable for the people. Call it "Selling Dunkirk" or something.
>>
>>85247125
I saw part of a trailer. I think.

>captcha: pics of cats in hats
>>
do you think armond is aware of his reputation on /tv/?
>>
>>85247140
>In reality the "miracle at Dunkirk" was a clusterfuck of epic proportions
And that's exactly how it's portrayed in the film. Watch the film before trying to critique it please.
>>
>>85247176
Who knows about /tv/? Apart from Old Bill and The Witt.
>>
>>85247125
>It wasn't muh heroic slaugther.
Wounded Vince Vaughn hip firing hundreds of gooks all by himself while being dragged on the ground by the ultimate hero Doss wasn't muh heroic slaughter? It was almost like a comical patriotic dream where the director projects himself onto the character being the ultimate unstoppable "badass" hero who headshots everyone in sight with ease.
>>
>>85246884
a cuck asking someone else did they watch an overbloated, overzealous, emotionally manipulative shitfest of cgi with nothing of substance underneath it is quite ironic, because if that same cuck saw this supposed "film" he should not have the gall to call it a "suspensful thriller, since there was nothing suspensful or thrilling in this thing
>>
>>85247310
That was the T-Cut. That scene was a reshoot. The director's cut is great.
>>
>>85247195
Way to ignore the rest of the post, Anon.
>>
>>85245104
>Armond white
>a nigger
TOP KEK
>>
>>85247452
>Armond White
>pose with is arm on a white guy's shoulder for a pic

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: images (6).jpg (6KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
6KB, 190x265px
But what does the real /ourguy/ think of it?
>>
>>85247407
How is it emotionally manipulative? How is it a "a shitfest of CGI" with thousands of extras, real Stukas/Spitfires and warships? Why are you obsessed with the word "cuck"?
>>
>>85245104
This man liked Hacksaw Ridge so in my book he can't go wrong.
>>
>>85247523
Unironically, he probably dislikes it for the all white male cast.
>>
>>85246675

I like most of Ben's politics, but his taste in movies has always been shit. When he started out as a movie critic during the Breitbart's Big Hollywood days, his "lists" were terrible.
>>
>>85246792
>But that's how it literally happened

Sorry hoss, but unless you're between 90 and 105 years old, you're going to need to show your work. Not you, not me, no anyone else here knows what it was like at Dunkirk in 1940. The film is beautifully shot, but it's largely an exercise in sadistic voyeurism.
>>
>>85247523
>what will a reddit-tier fedora-tipper think of a Nolan movie
Gee I wonder
>>
>>85247845
1940 was not a thousand years ago, there are numerous reports of all kinds from that event. There were 400 thousand men on that beach so there is no shortage of witnesses.
Nolan had numerous talks with a lot of Dunkirk veterans and had a whole team of historical experts on set at all times.
You can even find the interviews of Dunkirk veterans praising the Nolans work and saying how it's frighteningly accurate, though you can say that's just marketing but since it release "historical accuracy" was not questioned by a single expert on the subject.
>>
>>85248091
Nolan even used 12 of the Dunkirk Little Ships in the movie. Some of those ships on-set were actually at Dunkirk evacuating soldiers.
>>
>>85246666
What a bunch of horseshit
>>
>>85247090
The juice is on the loose
>>
>>85247523
No review out yet, Simon said it was a masterpiece though
>>
>>85247633
>How is it emotionally manipulative?
almost every sequence has some sort of degree of emotional manipulation, but the most obvious one is the storyline of that faggot that volunteers to help mark rylance and his son rescue soldiers
at the end of the film this kid is hailed like a hero for no reason, neither did he commit any actual heroics, nor was the audience familiarized with him enough to feel anything when nolan clumsily kills him off
the only reason he was in the film was for him to be featured in that cancer-inducing ending montage, whose only purpose are cheap emotional points with the unintelligent audience
> How is it a "a shitfest of CGI" with thousands of extras, real Stukas/Spitfires and warships?
so he had actual practical effects?
that makes it even worse, since nothing felt real in this
during the screening i felt more like i was watching a 106 min video of someone playing a video game than an actual movie
>Why are you obsessed with the word "cuck"?
cuckolding seems to me like an activity nolanites participate in with great joy
>>
>>85245104
He clearly does not understand the differences between the British war and the American come in at the end all guns blazing version of world war two. I thought this was a very patriotic film in the sense of what the british people achieved in the face of certain doom. Here in New Zealand we remember gallipoli and what our nation sacrificed during both wars. For the most part it was an absolute calamity, however the sacrifices of those men helped shape the war which was eventually won. Is it really all win win win with USA? I mean shit dude, lots of people died! thats history you fuck, thats why theres so much death!
>>
>>85247090
OJ I guess...
>>
>>85246606
>artistic/moral shortcomings

I've always thought morality is at the core of his criticisms, it feels like he watches a movie, decides if he agrees with the moral message, and then comes up with reasons why it was a good or bad film based on that.
>>
>>85245104
>incapable of conveying a sense of cultural authenticity
"oi oi guvna, we is going down to the pub for a pint and we'll wait for this war to blow over"
>>
File: 1500435193378.png (21KB, 704x232px) Image search: [Google]
1500435193378.png
21KB, 704x232px
how do we stop this madman?
>>
>>85248245
He's right, embryo.
>>
Armond's entire life revolves around being contrarian. He's gay, he's christian and grew up in a jewish neighborhood.
>>
>>85248313
That's nice reddit, you can leave now
>>
>>85245731
damn, arnold btfo by a obese manchild that dedicates his whole life to playing video games
>>
The king of /tv/ has spoken you coward inbred ragged tooth cuckold euro pigs can shut the fuck up now. The United States of America and Russia won the war and there's nothing you babies can do about it.
>>
>>85248313
There's nothing wrong with being Christian.
>>
>>85245704
the fact he uses "fanboy" unironically gives me every reason not to listen to him
>>
>>85248393
Yes, but he's gay AND christian.
>>
>>85248472
As long as he doesn't act on his urges
>>
>>85248193
Brit here, I don't consider it a patriotic film in the slightest
>>
>>85248186
all movies emotionally manipulate their audiences, if they didnt you wouldn't care that boy and girl got together, or when the hero sacrifices himself for the greater good, its emotional weight that makes you care about luke skywalker or hate malfory
>>
Does Dunkirk go out of it's way to do the WAR IS HELL LOL gore deaths or is it mainly just devastating loss of life on the British side?
>>
>>85248472
you can be gay and christian just don't fuck other men and children and you are fine
>>
>>85248245
KEK
>>
>>85248125
So? In Go for Broke!, most of the soldiers played their own role. Audie Murphy played a downplayed version of himself and his heroics in To Hell and Back.

Nolan had some ships, big fucking deal.
>>
>>85248520
The latter. It's a PG-13 film so there is no physical gore, it plays more in the psychological fear and suspense.
>>
>>85248629
>PG-13
Into the Wait Until it's On TV pile it goes.
>>
>>85248245
Bad shop, he gave both films a rotten review, the only Transformers film he has praised is Revenge of the Fallen.
>>
>>85245213
oh hey, anon responded to something armond white said by pointing out that hipster bloggers disagree. how about that.
>>
When the entropy comes I will murder anyone I overhear using that expression "/ourguy/". After a while I will probably become shiftless and corrupt with the result that I start killing people for *looking* likely to say it but I doubt anybody meeting that description will be much missed.
>>
>>85246297
Metropolis is shit and so is Besson. Accurate comparison.
>>
>>85248607
>most of the soldiers played their own role. Audie Murphy played a downplayed version of himself and his heroics in To Hell and Back.
But that's bad, soldiers are not actors, a real life soldier can't act like a real life soldier with multiple cameras and lights on him and a whole team of people right behind those cameras. Most real life soldiers can't recite lines multiple times with the inflection and delivery the director wants. Soldiers are good at doing their job, not at pretending to do that job. That’s why people like that are used on set so they can observe the filming and say if anything is not portrayed accurately.
>>
>>85248697
Speaking like a true /theirguy/.

I would try to hug your feelfeels pain away, but I'm scared of cutting myself too deep on your edges.
>>
>>85247176
Working for National Review has exposed him to some /pol/ or borderline /pol/ material. Not too huge a leap to assume he discovered he's a minor meme.
>>
>>85248245
You don't. Contrarianism is the ultimate way to have a loud opinion without knowing anything.
>>
>>85248751
They were great. Murphy was an actor in his own right too.

You can do more than one thing in life. Most soldiers weren't career military anyway. They were only soldiers for the war.
>>
>>85248663
Well sucks to be you, it's one of the best available cinema experiences of recent times.
>>
File: assassin's creed.png (17KB, 703x189px) Image search: [Google]
assassin's creed.png
17KB, 703x189px
he can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>85248793
That's not saying much. I'll give it point for not being pseudo-capeshit, but that's it.
>>
>>85248514
maybe so
but those emotions need to be properly captured for them to have an effect on the viewer, since nolan doesnt want , or doesnt know how to do this he uses cheap tricks like montages to scam the audience into thinking his films bare any emotiuonal weght at all
>>
>Pauline Kael the anti-fascist liberal Jewess was the primary influence on the gay black Armond White
Wow what a (((coincidence)))
>>
>>85248669
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/critic/armond-white/movies?page=1
>>
>>85248841
Pauline Kael was /ourgal/. Constantly blowing plebs and proto-hipsters the fuck out.
>>
Armond might be contrarian but Nolan is also a hack
>>
>>85248669
He reviews it at the end of his Baby Driver/Beguiled review

>By trying to outdo James Cameron, Peter Jackson, and Christopher Nolan, Bay must have forgotten that he used to be the superior artist.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448901/baby-driver-almost-great-beguiled-hipsterdom-last-knight-pyrotechnics
>>
>>85248903
Based Israel praise kek
>>
File: 1477348142277.png (283KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1477348142277.png
283KB, 623x469px
>>85245213
>armond writes an actual argument
>but.... but his opinion is different than normal people!
top fucking kek
>>
>>85245410
yeah it's fine but it's not good
>>
>>85249042
>"it's not patriotic enough"
>actual argument

sure thing buddy
>>
>>85248470
why though? it's perfectly fits
>WHOA THIS MOVIE IS IN 70mm IMAX IT'S GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!
>>
>>85246174
are you joking? he hated this years transformers, calling Bay a shadow of his former self
>>
>>85249146
Nah, he actually doesn't say a single bad thing about it. He doesn't really say much at all about it. This is the nicest review of any movie i've seen from him.
>>
>>85249126
Who thinks like this?
>>
>>85249126
Well it's not like you can experience true analog 70mm IMAX everyday.
>>
>>85247176

I am aware that you intellectually bankrupt lamentable marvels of stunted emotional development have employed my essays and visage and deformed them into cartoons (I do not mean the puerile Japanimé comic book sex figures that are the only significant cultural export that once great empire). Yes, I am aware that I am a "meme".
>>
>>85248186
that wasn't emotionally manipulative though. it was one of the few parts of the film that aligned on a thematic level; the boy volunteered to help even though it was a helpless situation. the boy didn't do anything before he died, but the reaction to his death is important. the fact that at the end they try to hide it from cillian murphy shows that even though it was his fault, he had been through so much that the death of a boy would be too much to put on his conscience. the fact that he was hailed as a hero was because the act of stepping on that boat was heroic enough, and his death could be used in a patriotic way instead of just being seen as a random death. it would also make his dad proud. these reactions to his death are thematically important.

cillean murphy's forced understated acting was fucking stupid though and ruined ever scene he was in though
>>
>>85248903
I've never read a writing by Kael that I didn't think she was fucking retarded in. She was wrong on every film critique I've ever read from her and she was wrong in every criticism of Andrew Sarris I've ever read.
>>
>>85249084
but he backs up his argument with evidence from the film. if that's all he said then you'd be right, but he explains what the film offers and how it differs from what it pretends to offer. that's an actual argument.
>>
>>85249208
see>>85248995

>>85249224
the person posting right below you thinks this way
>>
>>85249311
>he explains what the film offers and how it differs from what it pretends to offer
But that's merely a critique of the marketing, not the actual film.
>>
>>85249468
it has NOTHING to do with the marketing. the film at the end tells you the way you're supposed to feel through expository dialogue. the film beforehand presents itself in another fashion.
>>
>>85245244

I'm writing just based of the OP quote, but he isn't saying much, is he? He's basically saying that the structure of the action in the movie is the same to his Dark Knight trilogy... But why?

That's one thing that I don't like about film critics, they seem to talk a lot about the elements about the movie that fail, but they don't seem to give context within the movie itself.
>>
>>85245410
>movie is fine
Yeah so is The Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar :)
>>
>>85245495
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/my_life_as_a_zucchini/

https://www.out.com/armond-white/2017/2/24/my-life-zucchini-cartoon-paradise-queers-all-ages
>>
>>85245692
>raised by whites
>can hold a steady job that demands effort
>makes good money
>contributes to society
>not dead in the street at 20
white people cuck blacks into being productive people kek
>>
>>85245677
>WAAAAAAAAAAAH NETFLIX IS SO MEEEEEAAAAAAN WHY DO THEY GET TO CIRCUMVENT THE MPAA AND SOCCER MOMS AND DELIVER KINO STRAIGHT TO THE CUSTOMER ;_;
>>
>>85245104
the king of /tv/ has spoken, nolan shown to be a hack yet again
>>
>>85250586
> caring about opinion of some nigger contrarian
>>
>>85250682
>not caring about the opinion of some nigger contrarian
we're all nigger contrarians here anon, even us whitey's
>>
>>85250711
Then why does this board only care about capeshit and Disney movies.
>>
>>85250499
He's a faggot so they failed miserably.
>>
>>85246122
See you tomorrow, dubsgetter.
>>
>>85246122
Hey Christopher!
>>
>>85249224
I do, I'd rather see something big in scope, who cares if Armond needs it used to precision, you could say the same thing about sound or color when they first came around.
>>
Man he is right , I loved Hope and Glory.
>>
>>85249250
Well played, anon. It reads just like something he'd written.
>>
>>85245410
>movie is fine
Wow great point, you nigger.
>>
>>85245731
Lol. Kill yourself, you inept manchild.
>>
>>85249250
8/10 would read again
>>
>>85246122
Don't forget, anon. You're here forever.
>>
>>85246122
>Armond White
>dumb

Godspeed, you illiterate shitstain
>>
Why is Armond White the absolute /tv/ pleb filter?
>>
I like Armond but I also know that he prefers morality plays to films. He's very particular about the artistic side of things and has some great insight but art takes a backseat to morals in most of his reviews. Which is fair enough.
>>
>>85250379
>He's basically saying that the structure of the action in the movie is the same to his Dark Knight trilogy... But why?
t. brainlet
>>
>>85250765
because 90% of /tv/ is reddit tourists who came here for star wars in 2015
>>
>>85253491
brainlets cannot entertain opinions they don't agree with, especially since brainlets don't even know why they have the opinions that they do have. brainlets obfuscate opinions with values, as if an opinion is just something that anybody can have on any subject and it has to be respected just because it exists. "i like it" is as far as they're able to think, so when armond explains why accoridng to his value system why what they like is garbage, they get enraged at the lack of respect for the faux opinion in the first place and then they are bamboozled when they can't even decipher his argument because they're too dumb to understand that opinions are logical deductions based on values in the first place
>>
>>85253491
Why did you only pick him up last year after years of dismissing him as pretentious?
>>
>armond
>James richardson

who else can I add too the list of /ourcritics/?
>>
KING ARMOND
>>
>>85254536
You must confuse me with that other guy that also posts here from time to time, anon. I'm not a pleb.
>>
>>85245104
>he seems incapable of conveying a sense of cultural authenticity or patriotic feeling.
Armand does realise the atypically loud and OTT clapistan hoo-rah sense of flag-waving patriotism has never been done in the UK since WW1/Victorian age right?

Of course he does... How could I doubt him?
>>
>>85254561
Kermode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1VLME36Xg
>>
>>85245104
This is the weirdest reviewed movie in years, so many claim it as a masterpiece but then you have Grace, New York Times, Jeremy Jahns and Armond claim its hot garbage.

I mean if it was just "wait for a saturday matinee in 3 weeks" okay but this literally offends and disgusts certain people.
>>
>>85248508
you might be dumb then
>>
>>85248663
its brutal without the use of gore, the german planes are legitimately scary when they bomb the soldiers, the men getting drowned in sunken ships is terrifying
>>
>>85255712
nyt didnt give it a bad review? and jahns is a fucking pleb who's only argument was that he needs characterisation in order to enjoy a film
>>
File: 1426352930475.gif (1MB, 300x130px) Image search: [Google]
1426352930475.gif
1MB, 300x130px
>>85246297
now i'm convinced that this nigga's trolling. i do agree with him sometimes, though
>>
>>85245104
So cool...
>>
>>85246297
>Fucker get's paid to bait and shitpost
Implying that someone only baits and shitposts if they are being paid to do it
>>
>>85247523
He's a massive nolan fanboy. Too bad.
>>
btfo
>>
>>85250486
>https://www.out.com/armond-white/2017/2/24/my-life-zucchini-cartoon-paradise-queers-all-ages
I just finished watching that and holy shit it really was fantastic

Based Armond
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.