[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We should talk about Hong Kong kino more Why aren't John

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 51EFG2BGVWL.jpg (51KB, 338x475px) Image search: [Google]
51EFG2BGVWL.jpg
51KB, 338x475px
We should talk about Hong Kong kino more

Why aren't John Woo, Tsui Hark or Johnnie To more beloved on this board? Why are plebs getting crazy over John Wick when it's small time bullshit compared to real action kino?
>>
>Why aren't John Woo, Tsui Hark or Johnnie To more beloved on this board?

Because they make good films and are not waifu or GoT related.
>>
File: hb.png (191KB, 641x276px) Image search: [Google]
hb.png
191KB, 641x276px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wYCh5nxyCI

H O N G K I N O
>>
>>85244231
I watched Drug War, A Better Tomorrow, and Hard Boiled some time ago. While I didn`t love them, they were definitely much better than John Wick.

Still haven`t watched The Killer. Same level or better? Do you have a prefered one from the other two?
>>
>>85244725
The Killer is his best.
>>
because hard boiled is fucking shit
>>
>>85244231
It probably doesn't help that Woo's last good flick was like twenty years ago.
>>
>>85244753
You are a numale and belong on reddit
>>
File: updown.gif (2MB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
updown.gif
2MB, 312x176px
>>85244767
I could say the same thing about Jackie Chan. Moving to America due to China/Hong Kong relations was detrimental to them.
>>
>>85244804
so many lies in one sentence, but let me tell you something, your taste fucking sucks
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x224px
>>85244231
loved Jackie Chan movies as a kid
>>
what's wrong with john wick?
>>
>>85244670
Bottomless magazine
Cops literally run into automatic gun fire
Good guys gave zero shit about innocent by standers
Everybody can take at least 5 bullets and still be 100% functional
This movie accidentally inspired the Legolas stair surfing in The Two Towers
>>
>>85244919
bad guys run at JW one at a time to be shot dead at point blank range, all the while holding a gun but not firing them
>>
File: laughing-dog.jpg (24KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-dog.jpg
24KB, 450x337px
>>85245238
Your complaint about a Hong Kong action flick scene is that it is not realistic?
>>
>>85244919
If they had millions for the action scenes, couldn`t they spend just a bit on the writing? This movie has one of the stupidest motivations for the main character. And while I didn`t watch the second, I heard that the writing is even worse.
>>
>implying /tv/ watches foreign films
>>
File: heA4CwI[1].gif (2MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
heA4CwI[1].gif
2MB, 500x208px
>>85246245
>This movie has one of the stupidest motivations for the main character.
It's one of the simplest motivations for a revenge movie which is why it was loved

>Given car for last job
>Wife dies and leaves dog
>Mob boss' son steals car
>Mob boss' son kills dog
>No job, no wife, no car, no dog
>Revenge

>>85244725
>Still haven`t watched The Killer. Same level or better? Do you have a prefered one from the other two?
This scene is a homage to the church scene in The killer I think
>>
>>85246525
t. city boy cuck that hasn't owned a dog

fuck i remember when i was a child we almost shot our neighbour because they fucking shot our dog
>>
>>85246245
I don't know man, I heard the action scenes were nice and not like a lot of mainstream action flicks with shitty shaky cam crap, so I watched it for that one reason and it didn't dissapoint me desu
>>
Does anyone know about a movie where this detective goes to a restaurant and imitates what a killer did before? he orders a lot f food and eats until he just has to vomit. Thats all I remember
>>
To and Woo are both constantly praised. When they're mentioned though, you have to realize that /tv/ most of the time doesn't discuss film and is just shitposting.
>>
Will hong kong ever make a good action film again? saying that as someone from there. last good action film was like flash point with donnie yen from 2007. Drug War, barely qualifies as an action film.
>>
>>85246622
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0969269/

gotchu senpai
>>
>>85246525
>>85246565
I didn`t think the problem was the dog. The problem was that it was a delivered dog from his dead wife who is killed by the son of a mobster who wanted a car. That is stupid.
>>
>>85246777
I didn't even think about it this way, I don't think anyone should, or at least that's how I feel about JW, give some kind of motivation and let's shoot people up
>>
File: image-original.jpg (47KB, 659x659px) Image search: [Google]
image-original.jpg
47KB, 659x659px
Outta my way John Woo fucking shits
>>
>>85244231
>He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There's a courage about him. Doesn't look like a killer. Comes across so calm. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion.

HONG KINO
>>
>>85246948
Fallen Angels shoot out seems like somthing John Woo could make. John Woo with Doyle's chaotic camera that is.
>>
>>85246664
The HK film industry functionally no longer exists

It crated through it's own actions in the late 90's, but HK being taken over by China guarantees it's never coming back
>>
>>85246777
Son of a mobster who John worked for and who gave the car to him in the first place
>>
>>85247180
I guess it's up to korea and indonesia to make asian action kino nowadays
>>
>>85247652
>indonesia
Give me examples that aren't The Raid or its sequels
>>
>>85247709
anything Gareth Evans makes in the future
>>
>>85247709

Headshot (2016)
>>
File: Chungking Express.jpg (96KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chungking Express.jpg
96KB, 1200x720px
>>85247180
>>85246664
yeah even Wong Kar War is now making shit for Chinese Netflix
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.