[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here on /tv/ familiar with the Tommy Westphall Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (347KB, 2549x1202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347KB, 2549x1202px
Is anyone here on /tv/ familiar with the Tommy Westphall Universe theory? For those unfamiliar it basically goes like this:
>the series finale of the 80s hospital drama St. Elsewhere ended with the revelation that the entire series had happened in the mind of an autistic boy named Tommy Westphall
>St. Elsewhere did crossover episodes with Cheers and Hill Street Blues who themselves had crossovers
>the branching from these crossovers is numerous and includes TV series ranging from I Love Lucy to The Office
>the implication being that those show are also all set in the mind of an autistic boy
>>
>>85242724
Yeah. And?
>>
>>85242724
>Malcolm in the Middle
>CSI
>Friends
>all sharing the same universe
>>
>>85242724
Speaking of autism, how autistic does one have to be to go through all the effort of creating a diagram like that?
>>
Nice graph
>>
Where does the MCU fit on here
>>
>>85242724
How does it have a crossover with shows that came out before it existed?
>>
>>85244317
Easter eggs or subtle fan service references to other shows which imply they're set in the same universe. Morley cigarettes is a fake brand that appeared in Twilight Zone and other older shows but was made famous in X-Files, where Munch from Homicide cameo'd and he was also on St Elsewhere. Newer scifi shows like Firely have references to the corporation from Alien which was also referenced in Red Dwarf which also referenced Star Trek ships, etc.
>>
>>85242801
>Malcolm in the Middle
Lois smoking Morleys

>CSI
Morleys

>Friends
Morleys in Seinfeld, same universe as Friends because of Mad About You
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.