[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stargate: Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 50

File: stargateorigins.jpg (65KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
stargateorigins.jpg
65KB, 832x468px
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ
Gateworld: https://twitter.com/GateWorld/status/888219258882097152
Where were you when Stargate was buried?
>>
rip stargate
>>
>>85234456
Err, what is this? Learning more about Catherine Langford is one of the last thing I was interested in

a reboot would actually be ok with me
>>
File: fthef.jpg (132KB, 399x1108px) Image search: [Google]
fthef.jpg
132KB, 399x1108px
>>85234456
:o)
>>
Seriously now, can we just not?

I don't understand who this is for, fans of the show want an actual stargate series with all the sci-fi stuff that comes along with it, and a 10 minute web series that's locked to some obscure streaming subscription isn't going to get ANY new people interested in Stargate.

It's just going to be money thrown in the trash for the studio, they might as well not bother.
>>
>>85234590
oh, is this what it is about?
>>
two lead writers have one writing credit between them.
>>
>>85234456
I just wish they'd release the stargate series on bluray before they sink the entire franchise.
>>
>>85234677
They won't do that because once this flops they'll just claim that there's no more interest in the series and it's not worth the cost.
>>
>>85234713
>They won't do that because once this flops they'll just claim that there's no more interest in the series and it's not worth the cost.
"But you raped the product and demanded we watch."
"Well, you didn't watch therefore we can tell you don't want to see our product."
>>
>>85234666
And the director's only credits are incredibly cringe inducing web shorts.
>>
File: tinnytim.jpg (53KB, 376x491px) Image search: [Google]
tinnytim.jpg
53KB, 376x491px
>>
File: 812sVYYIKLL._SL1500_.jpg (254KB, 1106x1500px) Image search: [Google]
812sVYYIKLL._SL1500_.jpg
254KB, 1106x1500px
>>85234645
fuck this.
I own the original DVD box sets with the shit artwork, flimsy cases where the tabs all break off and cheap cardboard that falls apart on the self. I'll re buy the series in those newer cases that look nice on a shelf and aren't a pain to get the disks out of.

Spend your money on the gold, not the shit fools gold in the promise if you buy it you might get more gold.
>>
i dont understand how mgm can fuck up the only franchise they have other than bond.

you'd think they be desperately trying to restart stargate... like even joe flannigan found german investors to restart sga.
>>
>>85234864
>>85234666
It's apparent this is a half-assed attempt to cash in on female empowerment shit that is in vogue. this is probably the end result of some long internal battle for bullshit
>>
>probably another year until the expanse is back
>stargate fans on suicide watch

jdimsa
>>
Gonna rewatch the movie to palette cleanse here.

And screw y'all, the movie is fantastic.
>>
>>85234456

They're really going to pull some shit like "Catherine was the stronk independent gatemaiden who dont need no SGC!!"? Really?
>>
>>85234908
>I own the original DVD box sets with the shit artwork, flimsy cases where the tabs all break off and cheap cardboard that falls apart on the self. I'll re buy the series in those newer cases that look nice on a shelf and aren't a pain to get the disks out of.
I bought the complete series (the one with the stargate on the front of the box) and those DVD's are packed in so tight I feel like the paper folder holding them is going to scuff the DVD if I pull it out wrong.
>>
>>85234969
It's only good when shoehorned into the context of the TV show (i.e. Ra's first host body was an Asgard, which explains his one look in the film, etc.)
>>
>>85234929
>you'd think they be desperately trying to restart stargate... like even joe flannigan found german investors to restart sga.

hard science reboot
>>
>>85235075
Nah, I never wondered about that, I just figured that's what his alien look was and that there was some disgusting body swapping process.

Made it very creepy to me.

And you just gotta love Kurt Russell and Spader fighting Ancient Aliens. It's a fun romp, not to say I don't love the show either.
>>
>>85234456
>Origin
Hallowed are the Ori
>>
>>85235187
A story about Ori would be better.
>>
>>85234929
The only way they could do anything resembling a decent continuation, is to "TNG" it so that it is anchored firmly in the world that SG-1 and Atlantis built. A reboot would be a shit idea.

That leave the problem of a big bad. The most interesting evil in that universe, the System Lords, are all gone.The Ori sucked. Maybe they could do something with the Wraith, but they're all too samey.
>>
sg1 blu rays when
>>
File: sgu.jpg (286KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sgu.jpg
286KB, 1920x1200px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>"Webisodes" doesn't really fit here. Closer analog is BSG: Blood & Chrome, which aired as a TV movie when all was said and done.

holy fuck, they're playing around with what turned out to be a failed medium ten years ago. This is honestly one of the most uncalled-for things I've ever seen
>>
>>85235205
>A story about Ori would be better.
A story about almost anything would be better.

>>85235236
>sg1 blu rays when
After B5 and DS9 apparently.
>>
>>85235236
After you make all your friends subscribe to SGO to make SG not die for good.
>>
>>85235229
just jump forward. stargate is public knowledge after wraith invasion where they were defeated.
no contact with destiny
new bad guy enters scene.
>>
>>85235229
>That leave the problem of a big bad. The most interesting evil in that universe, the System Lords, are all gone.The Ori sucked. Maybe they could do something with the Wraith, but they're all too samey.

Earth was way too nerfed at this point. They kind of shot themselves in the foot with that stuff. From six seasons of getting their asses kicked to being on a near god-like level by the last was really retarded. One of my major issues with the series
>>
File: hey guys.jpg (6KB, 251x247px) Image search: [Google]
hey guys.jpg
6KB, 251x247px
>>85235252
No. The only redeeming part of SGU was the shitposting on /tv/
tfw no more lt. hooters, senator glau, etc. threads
>>
>stargate origins
>not about ori or book of origin

did they not even watch the whole show before naming it? or only the first season?
>>
>>85235377
Look at the writer and director credits for this abortion and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>85235377
That's old shit for nerds
>>
>>85235331
the powercreep in the series was retarded. the hataks from the first season are unbelievably bad compared to the end of series bc304.
>>
>>85234969
I'm watching "A Matter of Time," my favorite ep are the ones where they are trying to figure out something about the tech they didn't know before
>>85235014
Each of my seasons are in a cardboard box with a gate on the front with random egyptian symbols,(the eye of ra is point of origin on this weird gate) with 3 of those those ultra slim cases where the tabs break off, in each box.
>>
>>85235437
>powercreep
It's called progression, and the show did it right.
>>
>>85235377
writers are nobodies forced to watch the movie+season 1 and some other choice episodes, they won't even need to check the wiki because it's a new timeline where most stuff is thrown out the window
>>
>>85235437
Well they did get some Asgard powerboost. Goa'uld ain't got shit on the Asgard
>>
>>85235464
>Each of my seasons are in a cardboard box with a gate on the front with random egyptian symbols,(the eye of ra is point of origin on this weird gate) with 3 of those those ultra slim cases where the tabs break off, in each box.
Guess we should be happy MGM released the series on DVD at all and not just VHS.
>>
>>85235470
goauld use roughly the same tech for thousands of years.
earth goes from 'wait stargate goes more than 1 place?' to having the most advanced tech since the ancients in only 10 years.

it makes no sense.
>>
>>85235547
just lucky I guess
>>
File: Untitled.webm (148KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
148KB, 540x360px
>>
>>85235470
>It's called progression, and the show did it right.

there's really no way to defend it.
>A fraction of the Earth's intellectual manpower in the US military and a very few select civilian contractors with a fraction of the military's operational budget can not only attain the tech of a thousands-year old space faring society but surpass it by magnitudes within a couple of years
The Goa'uld being egotistical, complacent thieves really doesn't explain it well enough as they encountered and pursued the tech of more advanced (Non-Asgard) societies often enough
>>
Rest easy everyone!

>GateWorld.net @GateWorld
>#Sanctuary also started as short-form online episodes before running for four seasons on Syfy. #StargateLives

This other show you don't watch also started out the same way! Everything else is different but this one similarity will mean this new series will be awesome!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PukkdCKnBww
>>
>>85235699
I'm starting to be concerned about him. It's textbook stages of grief we are witnessing.
>>
>>85235547
Earth pursued advancement, Goa'ulds didn't. Even then, they got lucky and mostly achieved victory through Ancient and Asgard tech.
>>
>>85235501
that in itself was kind of stupid

The reveal of the Earth finally getting the Prometheus after several seasons of SG-1 getting cockblocked over stealing and then somehow losing Ha'taks was pretty neat. I wish the show had kept to a really gradual progression of technology and space assets. It made them feel much more important
>>
>>85235733
>I'm starting to be concerned about him. It's textbook stages of grief we are witnessing.
Hasn't had anything real to tweet about in years and then has to tweet about this? Yeah. I think it broke him.

> GateWorld.net @GateWorld 2m2 minutes ago
>Tomorrow we're running a special feature on the life of Catherine Langford - everything we know about her past! #StargateOrigins
Okay. So what is he going to do with the other 24 hours and 45 minutes of the day?
>>
>>85235699
GateWorld is in complete denial over this.
They're like a battered wife
>>
>>85235871
>They're like a battered wife
"You'll eat this shit and love it!!"

"Y...yes sir..."
*nom nom nom*
>>
>>85234929
MGM is legit nothing but butterfingers the company.

Sony Pictures might be retarded but even they manage to not fuck up as often
>>
>Gatelets
Come hang out with a strong sensual syfy...
Dark Matter.

we even have titty monsters you might recognize
>>
>>85235987

she lost weight dark kek. those are gone.
>>
Oh, it's fucking nothing. Ok
>>
>>85234456
>a fucking web series
WHY?! WHY?! It's like they're mocking us.
>>
>>85235649
>all that black

Try again.
>>
>>85235911
more like

>you'll eat this shit once a week for the next 10 weeks
>y-yes miss
>and not only that, you're going to thank me for it, pay me for it, and tell all your friends and family to come eat my shit once a week
>o-okay w-w-whatever y-you say
>Oh, and if you don't get enough people paying to eat my shit I'm going to abort our child that I'm pregnant with and murder the rest of our children with a fucking sledgehammer
>DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ME? I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU, THE FANS
>>
>>85235987
I wonder how big those zits on her forehead really are?
Can't really tell because she applied her concealer with a putty knife.
>>
>>85235313
Ehh I don't really think anything at the point where SGU was canned could survive a full on Wraith invasion.

Wraith might have taken a dicking throughout SGA but they still had crazy amounts of ships, army, crazy wraith tech left.

Even with years of prepping and Ori backup it'd still be a long shot to fend off all the Wraith trying to go into the Milky Way ready for the all you can eat buffet
>>
>>85236105
they are, it also has a SJW lead role
>>
Holy shit it wasn't enough to cuck Star Wars and Doctor Who with this feminist shit now they are going after Stargate. Top kek nothing is safe. Farscape femanazi reboot when?
>>
>>85235262
>B5
Don't tease me
When is that
>>
>>85236127
I really, really hate studio exec's and tv/movie producers.

I think we'd live in a utopia if they all just died.
>>
File: file.png (14KB, 894x345px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
14KB, 894x345px
>>85236127
DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FELLOW GATERS
>>
>>85236184
>Farscape femanazi reboot when?
They're attempting to make another Farscape movie.
>>
>>85235728
Huh, I like Joe Flanigan more now. What's he even been doing since Atlantis, beyond trying to get it back?
>>
>>85236184
Give em enough time and they'll be trying to rape the corpses of Farcape, Babylon, Andromeda, and really anything else they can think of.

Only a matter of time before things like Buffy and Dark Angel get rebooted into full on turbo feminist shit even if the originals starred strong female leads
>>
>>85236184
AND THE THING THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THAT WHEN THIS HORSE SHIT FAILS, AND IT WILL FAIL, THEY'LL SAY, 'THE FANS ARE SIMPLY NOT INTERESTED IN ANYMORE STARGATE!" We are interested, We simply don't want DOG SHIT and that's what they're giving to us, DOG SHIT. Fuck Stroink wymen and fucking SJWs and PCs and Cultural Marxist, I HATE THEM ALL!
>>
>>85236225
too be fair this blind excitement and hope was what made season 1 of sg1 successful, the fact they had a fan base before they saw anything
>>
File: B5 demolition.webm (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B5 demolition.webm
3MB, 1600x900px
>>85236219
Literally never, due to the way it was shit
>>
>>85236319
I could even put up with the feminist bullshit if it wasn't a 10 minute webseries prequel about someone who never went through a stargate
>>
>>85236225
the comments on the teaser are pure cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ
>>
>>85236254
were*, we've heard nothing about it in almost two years

I love Farscape but it should really never come back. It was a weird meeting of turn of the millennium Australia and the Jim Henson Company that ended up with a great show (the romance bits were a bit much though). The universe itself was sparse and not really up for a revisiting
>>
File: B5 zoom out.webm (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B5 zoom out.webm
2MB, 1600x900px
>>85236353
*shot

my bad
>>
>>85236319
Apparently just wanting a new actual Stargate series that continues the narrative is too much to ask of this world anymore. I want off this ride.
>>
>>85236301
He still pops up in things from time to time, surprising he isn't in more shit considering he's a good actor and bffs with Jason Mamoa IRL.

From what I remember most of the actors on SGA didn't end on good terms with the producers due to the backhanded way it was cancelled to make way for SGU, even going so far as to tear down the sets after everyone left before telling em
>>
>>85236219
>When is that
Never due to the fact that the way the CG was done means that WB would have to remake all the CG in the entire series in order to convert it to bluray.

One of the same reasons we'll never get DS9 on bluray.
>>
File: utktuk.png (2MB, 854x1053px) Image search: [Google]
utktuk.png
2MB, 854x1053px
>>85236225
I wish some rich guy would buy the fucking franchise rights from these incompetent fucknuggets.
>>
File: 1500600232660.jpg (156KB, 1180x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1500600232660.jpg
156KB, 1180x1047px
>>85236491
like Roland Emmerich?
>>
>>85236301
https://hitberry.com/all-the-nasty-details-on-joe-flanigan-s-divorce-with-ex-wife-katherine-kousi-and-custody-battle-for-kids/

that was back in 2014, I think he did some traveling after the divorce, he's pretty well off money wise

https://twitter.com/JoeFlanigan
>>
>>85236491
They've tried, MGM literally wants to hold a death grip on the series because it is/was their most successful franchise in forever and fear someone else taking it and doing the same
>>
>>85236155
who knows what tech was acquired or alliances forged to help repel an invasion. you can just say it was done and thats it... i mean we did have a bunch of toilet seats lying around

maybe have sg team members be vets of the war and you mine that shit for character development. literally easy episodes.
>>
>>85236528
Even him. At least then there would be an attempt at doing something stargate related.
This is just a vlog with the franchise name slapped on it.
>>
File: 1445385078349.jpg (119KB, 695x642px) Image search: [Google]
1445385078349.jpg
119KB, 695x642px
SG1 COMPETE SERIES ON BLU RAY FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>85236674
There was talk of using those cyborg wraith enemies in the alt universe but all that pretty much died when SGA was canned.

Could always try super secret evil asguard weapon but considering their entire plan for millions of years has been hide from the Wraith or get exterminated I don't see that being the best idea
>>
>>85236824
Never because this is the path we're on now:
>>85236319
>>
>>85236319
The girl parts of SGU are what ruined S1 and first half of S2.

Doot doot.
>>
>>85236375
I hate feminist bullshit with a passion. I would kill the series myself if I could than suffer any of that.

>>85236412
>>85236412
it's like they don't want our money. They could have told a million more interesting stories and if it's good, like really good, fans would pay out of their holes for it. But they want to get preachy and share more cultural Marxist bullshit.
>>
>>85236824
MGM isn't spending 20 million restoring it

CBS isn't even doing it for Deep Space Nine
>>
File: 20170720_224601.jpg (2MB, 2620x4656px) Image search: [Google]
20170720_224601.jpg
2MB, 2620x4656px
>>85234456
I picked this up at a thrift store today for 2 bucks. is this a sign it will be both shit, animated and not canon later on?
>>
>>85237046
Maybe I should watch it to prepare my mind for SGO
>>
>>85236353
why in gods name No-one has remastered B5 with modern day Fx
>>
>>85236994
>But they want to get preachy

SG1 was always a bit preachy; it ultimately fucked them up ever achieving anything until they got nerfed by the later seasons. Kind of got repetitive after a while
>>
Its been what? 4 years? Theyre still asleep anons, floating between galaxies...
>theyl never wake up again
;_;
>>
>>85237139
90-something years to go
>>
>>85235649

I laughed at the green bar flickering at the top before I noticed he had something imposed in his arms, good work
>>
File: 1420520664221.jpg (8KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
1420520664221.jpg
8KB, 255x170px
>>85237134
but it was always about individualism, SJW narratives don't fit with what it use to preach. It wouldn't surprise me if people no claim this speech is about islam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduFm44qX1k
>mfw SGO tries to be inclusive by including gouald beliefs.
>>
>Show about space travel and neat things

>last show was fucked up by idiots writing for the 90210 teen girl drama crowd

>Last half of said show season was perfect, but it's too late

>Franchise dies with show

>Fast forward to reboot

>Hey guys, let's make more Stargate! Oh I know, instead of focusing on FUCKING SPACE AND ALIENNIGGERS AND BLUE ASSED SLUTS WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A WHOLE FRANCHISE ARM BASED ON SOME FUCKING WHITE WOMAN THAT YOU COULDN'T PICK OUT OF A CROWD OF SANDY VAGINAS IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDED UPON IT

Kill me.
I seriously don't even want to live on this fucking planet anymore.
>>
>>85236992
Don't tell them that though because they'd call you, a bigot or something. It isn't that they're force feeding us the shit we don't want, its us who won't eat the shit, that's why it's our fault.
>>
>>85237003
if they did it all on film, couldn't they just do a re-transfer to digital at higher resolution? I don't care if they don't update the effects, just so the picture looks sharper
>>
>>85237134
SG1 though was still a traditionalist show, and that's what pissed them off. Scifi cancelled it even though it was their highest rated show, brought in Pain Killa Dyke and the unbelievably lame and dumb, Flesh Gordon using the monies they spent on SG1 and both shows tanked. NO one watched Pain Killa dyke and Flesh Gordon was too dumb to be real. And they realized too late they screwed the pooch. Which is why they told Josef Mozilla to think it through when Mozilla wanted to cancel SGA because the test audiences didn't want Dyke shit on their family programming. Mozilla wanted degenerate dyke shit so he canceled SGA for SGU and as they say, the rest is history.
>>
>>85235364
screw you man, I like SGU more than Atlantis
>>
>>85237564
I watched both. I wish I hadn't.
>>
>>85234456
Is that supposed to be a joke? All it does is confirm the series will be shit
>>
>>85237558
seasons 1-3 were filmed on 16mm film and would look rather shitty. still possible though...

id rather a bluray transfer without the interlacing from a dvd transfer.
>>
>>85237564
>Which is why they told Josef Mozilla to think it through when Mozilla wanted to cancel SGA because the test audiences didn't want Dyke shit on their family programming. Mozilla wanted degenerate dyke shit so he canceled SGA for SGU and as they say, the rest is history.
Literally what
>>
>>85237630
Do you Remember the Hawk Man episode of Flesh Gordon? Dudes wearing fake wings that looks like something from a grade school reindition of the wizard of oz stood around a fire and went, "AWK, AWK." I remember it clearly because it was just after Doctor Who's classic episode, Blink. My goodness I sat there, stunned because of what I was seeing.

It felt surreal.
>>
>>85237756
must be one of those sga only fags who thinks sgu killed sga.
it didnt
>>
>>85237742
watching matter of time just now, the slow mo scene in the beginning already has bad interlacing. so I can't imagine how bad that would look if they did do it that way.
>>
>>85237766
I'll level with you. I remember literally nothing.
I was a kid and I had time to waste watching pretty much whatever new sci fi shit I came across. I even watched the bionic woman.
None of it stayed with me.
>>
>>85237756
There was an episode, Whispers. It had a degenerate dyke col maj who had the hots for Keller. Josef Mozilla wanted to introduce a dyke dynamic. Test audiences told him to frakk off so it was cut. Mozilla wrote about it, called people bigoted. 2% of the population engages in this degenerate subhuman practice and normal folks are in the wrongs because they said they wanted their family programming to remain, fag free. So Mozilla who was in charge at the time, got pissed and decided to cancel. He claimed they wanted to do a Beverly Hills 90210 Star gate Series. Ironically, I think Brad Wright made fun of just such an idea. It was as if, behind the scenes, Josef Mozilla suggested it to Brad and Brad pissed all over such a dumb idea. Eventually they settled on a BSG formula. Mozilla wanted edgier characters and dykes so he labeled it BSG 2.0 hoping to have his way.
>>
>>85237882
find the hawk man episode. Best to do so while high, drunk, or sleepy. Otherwise you might go mad.
>>
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>85237953
Year of our Lord 2017
>>
SG1 > SGU > Movie > SGA > SGI > Space Corn Shit > SGO

That's just my opinion though
>>
>>85238082
>Space Corn Shit
hey now. the lucian alliance was all about that kassa. remember when they were a big bad?
>>
They're really making a series on the little girl from when the first gate was discovered, no wonder the linkin park dude killed himself
>>
>>85238295
>these wounds they will not heal
>>
>>85238295
Out of all the stories out there to tell, they're telling the blandest, most dullest one. It's all lost. It's all for naught. We recede back to the shadows of the never were.
>>
>Watch the "trailer"
>How it all started, 1928

Really?
This is something they want to make a show out of?
>>
>>85238440
I don't want to sound sexist or bigoted, but there's some old bitch at the helm and she wants to do a Kathleen Kennedy and bring some stroink wymen to take the lead since all incarnations of stargate, probably, at least in her mind, reeks of toxic masculinity. These people are diseased and will not stop until they're dead.
>>
File: StargateOriginsPoster.jpg (938KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
StargateOriginsPoster.jpg
938KB, 1000x1333px
>stargate origins
>coming 2017
the show doesnt even have a cast yet and they're going to shit this out in 4 months or less

>man_who_lost_all_hope_loses_last_bit_of_hope.jpg
>>
>>85238440
Next season: Daniel Jackson's pre-sgc bio.
>>
>>85235470
>It's called progression, and the show did it right.

At the end point of Stargate made to date Earth is the ascendant galactic superpower

they have five starships and no population off their homeworld

the people on Earth do not know life exists on other words or that there is a galactic community

maybe 50,000 humans are in on the fact they now proxy rule the galaxy.

I understand progression but Stargate skipped a few steps.
>>
>>85238508
It'll be shit. hot shit.

>>85238518
These people are trash.

>>85238548
that's why there's a billion better stories to tell.
>>
>>85237139
There's a comic sequel actually. Same with Atlantis. Dunno how canon it all is though but I like the story so far.
>>
>>85238594
The story to tell is the Stargate program being revealed to the people of Earth and the consequences of doing so but they refuse to do it for insane reasons

The lost city of Atlantis is literally parked off San Francisco's coast and they still wouldn't do it
>>
File: 197570_1236171663063_full.jpg (59KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
197570_1236171663063_full.jpg
59KB, 720x406px
>>85236184
>hates women
>watched Stargate
>>
>>85238685
ehh... thats a shit story to tell. theres no way to do it proper justice on a tv series.

id rather just skip right past that moment.
>>
>>85238685
obviously atlantis is just a hologram
>>
>>85238685
they should be forced to reveal it when Aliens outright attack Earth
that would be neat
>>
>>85238685
>The story to tell is the Stargate program being revealed to the people of Earth and the consequences of doing so
That was going to the third SG-1 movie. Stargate Revolution. They wrote the script but it was never made.

>The lost city of Atlantis is literally parked off San Francisco's coast and they still wouldn't do it
The Atlantis movie was going to be about it serving as the moon base then having to go back to Pegasus. It was titled Stargate Extinction. They also finished the script on this but didn't get it made. There's excepts of it out there.

Now that the actors are too old, they should do them as animated movies.
>>
>>85238685
I had such great stories. A story of a man infected with a plague, a plague of death. A scientist, a fat loser who like the rest of us, enjoys games and the like. He's like Eli, a scientist at an outpost that suffers an Ori plague and then everyone's dead and he meets Princess Adria. He pleads for his life and agrees to submit, but within days, the Ori are gone, Or are they. Our guy is back on earth, how he made it back is anyones guess. The SGC is after him. HIs family said he's been back for years but how he made it back from an outpost that had no survivors is anyone's guess. They want him desperately, but he has a secret, one that will change the very course of history.
>>
>>85238829
Holograms are alien tech.
>>
>>85238758
stop being a moron. Rey's an example of this new brand of stroink wymen. Carter was a team player, as was Janeway. Rey types will be stroink without any need for a man. Its the feminist dogma they're preaching. They all need to die.
>>
File: russy.jpg (9KB, 235x348px) Image search: [Google]
russy.jpg
9KB, 235x348px
>>85238440
>stargate can go to whatever your imagination can think of
>lets do a origin story of finding it in the desert on earth and have montages of scientists trying to figure out what it is
>>
>>85238685
didn't they put Atlantis on the moon?
>>
guarantee they're going to try to explain how the russians got the dhd.
>>
File: latest.jpg (94KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
94KB, 1024x576px
>>85238888
in sg1 they claimed holograms where military tech when tony stark cloned an Asgard and showed it live on tv
>>
>>85238869
>Now that the actors are too old, they should do them as animated movies.
Wouldn't they have to market that to kids? This isn't like anime.
>>
>>85238913
Approximately how messily did you shit and piss all over your couch in disgust when Carter did her reproductive organs speech?
>>
>>85239057
SG-1 was a family show anyway
>>
>>85239115
The programming of then is nothing compared to the absolute drivel the Marxist are forcing down the throats of the dimwitted.
>>
>>85239115
I didn't because I watched the final cut :^)
>>
>>85239057
having a Netflix produced stargate anime.
Don't give me this dream, i don't want my hopes crushed again, it's too painful
>>
>>85234456
I tried to get into Stargate by watching the movie first, rented the dvd but it didnt fucking have the subtitles for the aliens which I hear adds a decent amount of story.

Do you guys think its necessary to go through the hassle of finding it online with the subtitles or should I just start watching the show proper?

Like with Battlestar, I enjoyed it ALOT more watching it with the mini movie first.
>>
I know why they're trying to do it but jesus using these things to tentpole new streaming services isn't going to work, just put the damned things on Netflix
>>
inb4 it's like the Ghostbusters reboot with all female main cast
>>
>>85239115
That was cut because Amanda and Brad thought it was really dumb, She wanted the character to be part of the time, not a women in a man's world cliche like in the pilot, emancipation, and hathor. When Amanda took control of the character was when it got really good.
>>85239304
you don't need to watch the movie to get into sg-1. It barely follows it, and what it does it explains in children of the gods anyways
>>
>>85239355
part of the team**
children of the gods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgQl6eV3vj0
>>
>http://www.gateworld.net/movies/04.shtml
>http://www.gateworld.net/movies/05.shtml
Enjoy what could have been lads
>>
They should have sold it to Col Sheppard when he offered to buy it
>>
>>85235987
Already watch DM, senpai.
>>
>>85239446
>what could have been.

Piss on Josef Mozilla for canceling SGA. He's a stupid little bitch.
>>
>>85239355
>don't need to watch the movie

Anon still should cause it's awesome
>>
>>85239657
Yeah I want to but not knowing what the goa uld are saying triggers my autism. I like to have a complete picture of even minor shit before I go into the show, even if it is explained later on.
>>
>>85239607
The reason the movies didn't get made was because of SGU getting canceled. Piss on you autists for killing the franchise.
>>
>>85238685
What made Stargate real for me is the fact that they never revealed it, always covered the leaks. So there is a chance that it's actually a real thing with a real SG1.
That's what fucked up Doctor Who for me, and the DUDE PEOPLE FORGET LMAO shit they did to explain it was bad.
Keep the gate a secret
>>
File: SG1S05-8.jpg (59KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
SG1S05-8.jpg
59KB, 800x446px
>>85239785
I blame syfy for giving it's time slot to wrestling, and MGM putting faith in the direct to dvd market when online streaming was starting to boom
>>
>>85239785
they had the option of doing SGA season 6 but instead they went the SGU+Atlantis movie route, that all fell apart though
>>
>>85238508
>set in the 20s
>about a secret Stargate project involving Catherine, somehow.
With no new footage in the trailer it just seems like a timeshifted SG1.
>>
What is this shit even about? Did they really thought a total 100 minute story of how they found the gate would be interesting? They covered everything in SG1, how they found it, how they shipped it, how they activated it first with Ernest. Cathrine stated that she wasn't even around in the beginning, her father did it all.
>>
>>85239785
Piss on Joe for getting butt hurt genuine fans wanted Stargate to remain fag free.

t. sgusucks.com
>>
>>85239863
Look, to a certain point I get that.

But not after 17 seasons and multiple movies, not after multiple invasions of Earth, not after the lost city of the Ancients crash landed on Earth.

It was time.
>>
>>85239878
Continuing SGA was too expensive with the cast's salaries increasing and the economic recession hitting hard. Starting a new show was a cheaper way of continuing the franchise.

The movies were on the verge of getting green lit before Syfy cancelled SGU. That put the brakes on the movies. You can thank the sgusucks.com fags for contributing to that.
>>
>>85240067
What's this fag tinfoil shit you keep talking about? All you had to do was not have an autistic fit over SGU being different than the previous shows and you would have gotten your movies. How does it feel to know that you contributed to the death of a franchise?
>>
>>85240176
Bullshit. We saw the reasons why. SGU was more expensive. SGA cancellation was about dykes and Beverley Hills 90210 and eventually, it settled on BSG 2.0. I was there. Many of us got banned. Try lying when I'm not around.
>>
>>85240242
No. We wouldn't. They had no intention of making the Sga movie. Watch the interview with Joe Flanigan.
>>
>>85240168
By the end Earth was probably the most advanced planet in the galaxy. They'd been given the Asgard database and had Atlantis sitting in San Francisco.
All the knowledge of a race who could defeat the Goold and that of the fucking gate builders themselves sitting on their doorsteps, I'd call that a win for the Stargate project.
>>
>>85240242
I could give a shit about your feelings. I was there when Mozilla bitched about his previous dyke episode. Piss Off!
>>
>>85240318
>>85240324
>>85240371
>t. triggered atlantis snowflakes
back to /pol/ with your dyke fantasies
>>
>>85240418
Show some respect for your Betters, you piece of horse manure.
>>
>>85238872
It's sad that you don't know how stupid you are
>>
File: ape6.jpg (52KB, 650x351px) Image search: [Google]
ape6.jpg
52KB, 650x351px
>capeshit is replaced with origin reboots of old scifi movies
Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it's objectively better, on the other it will probably ruin everything I love. How do we stop them? How do we stop the apes?
>>
>>85240478
Literal autism
>>
What even is this?
The story of Catherine Langford?
But we know the story, it was all told in season 1.
This practically means it's a "Stargate" with no Stargate.

Who asked for this.
>>
>>85240569
its like making a star trek show before the invention of the warpdrive...
noone gives a shit
>>
>>85240601
it's more like a star trek show taking place in the 2010.
>>
>>85240569
Didn't she completely fail at figuring out how the stupid thing works and that's the whole reason Daniel Jackson has a purpose as a character?
>>
>>85240539
To be fair this isn't a reboot, it's just an Untold Stories kind of thing
>>
>>85240721
No, they understood what it was and most of how it worked, they just couldn't find any right address sequences (or in case of the 1994 movie, the only right address sequence).
>>
>>85240721
yep.

and anything that happens in this series, she never ever mentions again.
>>
>>85240763
that's enough of a code cracking failure to not understand how it works, in fact that means she never even fucking went anywhere in movie and tv continuity
>>
>>85236746
so this is not related to his "reboot" movies?
>>
>>85240763
they had 6 out of the 7 required already. theres only 39 possibilities the 7th could be. even if they don't the order, its still manageable cause you can just program the computer to just cycle through it not stop.

they're literally retarded.
>>
>>85240735
>Untold Stories
Stargate was opened in 1939 (Stargate: Continuum) and in 1945 (The Torment of Tantalus). Did Catherine lose her memory about going on amazing adventures to other planets in the 1930s?

This is a reboot / time travel fuckery thing, meaning the future would be completely different in this timeline.
>>
>>85240907
I'm not saying it makes sense, writing on this point is shoddy because lol Emmerich summer blockbusters but that's what it is.
>>
>>85240907
>they had 6 out of the 7 required already. theres only 39 possibilities the 7th could be. even if they don't the order, its still manageable cause you can just program the computer to just cycle through it not stop.

They don't have computer in the 90's ok.
>>
>>85240907
From my understanding after they thought earnest died when he went through in 45 they boxed up the gate and didn't take it out until the 90s, and spent a long time building computers to interface with the gates crystal tech.
>>
>>85240915
the future was already set in stone because SG1 went back in time to before the Stargate was buried in order to leave a message for themselves in the future.

That's not something that can be undone with time travel fuckery later on in the series, otherwise SG1 wouldn't have led the rebellion to bury the thing in the first place.
>>
>>85237314
I love how anti-religious Stargate was. Best scifi franchise ever. Sadly I don't think a show like it could ever be produced/be successful in this day and age.
>>
>>85241008
Yes the Stargate will always be buried and sg1 will always have left a message in some tomb for themselves. But Ba'al still changed the whole future when he sunk the stargate in 1939 and sg1 never formed until Mitchell fixed it.

Question is how Catherine is using the Stargate while she is young before it was taken to America.
>>
>>85240994
true but before daniel comes along the computer was working enough to be able to dial.
>>
File: 2010.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2010.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>85238685
>The story to tell is the Stargate program being revealed to the people of Earth and the consequences of doing so but they refuse to do it for insane reasons

Kinda like http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/2010_(episode) ?
>>
>>85240915
she says shes only 21 in 1945.

if the show is set 1928 then langford is fucking 4 or 5 years old.
>>
>>85241200
Mitchell was in the position of being an anomaly so that's ok, it'd make more sense if she was using the antarctic gate because that way it doesn't fuck with the regular shows continuity and we don't know the story of the antarctic gate at all.
>>
>>85241225
Before Daniel didn't they not know the concept of the origin and destination symbols or something like that though, which messed their ability to just brute force dial numbers until it worked?
>>
>>85241008
ehh stargate already done completely fucked the timeline with all the time travel. its best not to think too hard about it.
>>
>>85241279
forgot about that, so this show will be after WW2, and the stargate will be in America
>>
>>85241315
but that's the fun part
>>
>>85241300
you dont have to know how it works to just brute force the shit out of it. literally just try numbers until it works.

ernest and friends didnt know how it worked in 1945 when they opened it for the first time.
>>
I think a new series should be set in the past. The rogue, experimenting Asgards abduct a few humans (who could be time travelers from the future) and it would be about how the alliance between the Ancients, the Nox, the Asgard and the Furlings came to be.
>>
>>85241116
the speech is also a bit anti Marxist, about how the prior goes that the men with a wealth of knowledge should share it with the less fortunate, and Daniel says "Maybe hording knowledge is wrong, Maybe it's not. Maybe learning something for your self is part of the journey to enlightenment, but killing someone for not worshiping you is wrong, very wrong. knowledge is power, but how you use that power defines whether or not your are good or evil."

Daniel always has the best speeches
>>
>>85241336
if you're going to think hard about it then the original timeline was obliterated when they went through the quantum mirror. theres was no way to get back to the exact universe after the mirror was turned off.
>>
goold?
>>
>no story about who fucked Egria so hard she turned good

Seriously, that guy must have been so reviled later on that Ra erased every mention of him. All records, any Goa'uld that had spawned that might know his name, etc etc

Imagine how diffrient he would have had to been for Egria to create the Tok'ra.
>>
>>85241376
that's absolutely correct, and Captain Kirk died in every episode of Star Trek because the transporter literally dissembles him.

However it still doesn't negate the fact that they performed other time travel actions in both series and the shows continued unabated.

This new show will still cause continuity errors just like Enterprise, and Discovery will also fuck up its timeline due to careless creators looking for a quick buck.
>>
>>85241279
>>85241335
I was confused because the poster has her at Giza as a young women.
>>
>>85241300
there are 1,987,690,320 possible gate addresses as long as you know that the last symbol is always the same and it's a 6 symbol address. If they don't know how many symbols to use. With how how long it takes to dial an address manually by spinning the gate.

also according to carter it took 15 years and three super computers to interface with the gate
>>
File: 1497317716695.jpg (15KB, 449x497px) Image search: [Google]
1497317716695.jpg
15KB, 449x497px
>star trek discovery
>sg1 origin
>WoT show
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 1049x193px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 1049x193px
>>85241563
forgot pic
>>
Nothing to COMTRAYA about
>>
File: nailed it.gif (3MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
nailed it.gif
3MB, 320x176px
>>85241636
>>
> @GateWorld 3 minutes ago
>I look at this poster and I think "Catherine Langford: Tomb Raider!" Was she a Lara Croft type in her youth? #StargateOrigins

grasping at straws desu
>>
>>85241700
How dangerous was it for an American women in Giza during and after WW2?
>>
It's amazing How the SG1 writers kept it interesting for so many seasons. So many classic episodes. SGA and the Hand Vampires was nowhere near as good.
>>
File: normal_movie03_3517.jpg (20KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
normal_movie03_3517.jpg
20KB, 700x393px
What are the chances that this guy could come into play?
>>
>>85241753
who cares? the stargate went to america in 1939
>>
>>85241700
When you've ran a website for 20 years about a franchise that's been dead for half that time, you get desperate for any sort of hope.
>>
>>85241808
so will she be tomb raiding off world?? how is this possible when no one knows how to work the Stargate??

"The Stargate film begins in 1928, when the alien device is first discovered and unearthed at Giza, with a young Catherine Langford watching as her father, the archaeologist who found it, directs its unearthing. Stargate SG-1 has since revealed more of the backstory of the Earth Stargate. The American ship Achilles brought the gate to America in 1939 to prevent it from falling into the hands of the Nazis.[11] The United States Air Force then stored the device in various locations —including Washington, DC (Episode "1969")—before installing it at its location of the film and series. The Stargate was studied in the 1940s as a potential weapon and was later mothballed.[12] As the Stargate film quickly skips to the "present day" (1994), unsuccessful archaeologist Daniel Jackson is giving a lecture about his outlandish theories that the Great Pyramid of Giza was not built by the pharaoh Khufu. After he is laughed away, an aged Catherine Langford meets with him and recruits his egyptological talent, taking him to a top-secret military base at Cheyenne Mountain, where he is instructed to decipher the unique Egyptian hieroglyphs present on a set of cover-stones."
>>
>>85241753

Believe it or not sand niggers were pretty secular up until the early 70s
>>
File: 1411801794753.gif (580KB, 255x163px) Image search: [Google]
1411801794753.gif
580KB, 255x163px
>>85241753
that's the problem, we know she was fine because she is in the movie and sg-1. That's the problem with these types of prequels, the stakes aren't that high because we know how it ends already.
>mfw there won't be a stargate legends similar to halo legends, a collection of small stories from other teams and their adventures.
One of my favorite bits was adam baldwin's team from heroes part 1 shooting the shit and joking around with his team
>>
>>85241948
>>85241753
The nazis held that area during part of ww2.
>>
>>85241993
>mfw there won't be a stargate legends similar to halo legends, a collection of small stories from other teams and their adventures.
I'd tune in for that.
You could go completely off the rails with those because it's not THE team.

But obviously much like with SGU they aren't actually interested in making a sci-fi show, they just want normie drama.
>>
>>85238869
>Now that the actors are too old, they should do them as animated movies.

Stop motion movies made by Laika. A man can dream.
>>
>>85237577
Faggo
>>
>>85242033
>>85241993
Their hands would be kinda tied with that stuff actually, given the explanations they used on the show for why sg1 was always the ones getting into serious shit and also doing all the important stuff.
>>
>>85241993
Colonel Dixon (Adam Baldwin): I don’t see any indication of anything here.
Balinsky: Take the usual bet on that, sir?
Colonel Dixon: Sure. Wells?
Wells: Abandoned naquadah mines.
Dixon: Boring. Good odds. Bosworth?
Bosworth: I’m gonna put my money on trees, sir.
Dixon: Bosworth’s disqualified for being a smartass. I’ll go with two-headed aliens.
Wells: Hostile or friendly, sir?
Dixon: One head good, one head bad. Balinsky?
Balinsky: Ruins of an ancient city.
Dixon: You wish.
>>
>>85242102
kino
>>
File: 1431188068062.png (540KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
1431188068062.png
540KB, 640x368px
>>85241993
We were so close to getting a retooling of SG1 that would've essentially been that. Instead we got FarGate for seasons 9 and 10.
>>
I wonder if they still have the old set for SGC, if the timeframe in the show is 1940s it should be in Cheyenne Mountain.
>>
what if they made a stargate show where aliens made their own stargate teams that operated like the ones on earth and accidentally pick up on the doings of SG1, but it's way the fuck in the future so they're working backwards.
>>
>>85242178
nope. it was struck for sgu pilot episode.
>>
File: gateroom.jpg (37KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gateroom.jpg
37KB, 800x450px
>>85242202
rip, so stargate will be in a location we haven't seen unless they rebuild everything
>>
>>85242253
The chances of this even having a Stargate are pretty low.
>>
>>85242081
there are always teams off world in the series, we only get to see what they are doing a few times. If you have a good writing team who is very familiar with the source material, it could be done and done well.
>>85242202
i thought they kept it because they need it for the movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEIhtjeI_hk
>this is one continues unedited shot
>we never see this kind of cinematography in hardly anything anymore
why live
>>
>>85242253
>rebuild the entire set for a webseries
They will put little to no effort into it as evidenced by the dependence on "the fans" for marketing and pretty much everything else.
They haven't even cast it yet.
>>
File: 1400477629247.gif (3MB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
1400477629247.gif
3MB, 300x273px
>>85242291
further evidence it will be cheap cgi animation
>>
>>85242102
such good lines wasted on such a shitty episode
>>
I dont understand why they dont just make a ''new'' sgc team with a structure similar to early sg1 but in modern times with throwbacks to old characters and happenings
>>
>>85242317
>cgi
It will be a vlog.
>>
This idea is so shit Chester Bennington killed himself
>>
>>85242341
Costs too much. Why put effort into making a quality show with decent writing when you can just churn out shitty reboots and origin stories to cash in quickly on nostalgia?
>>
>>85242372
did some dumbass see the episode where she left her journal or something and decide to turn that into a web series?
>>
File: ykrxyk.png (553KB, 948x675px) Image search: [Google]
ykrxyk.png
553KB, 948x675px
>>85242341
>in modern times
>>
>>85242341
corp exec thinking grand scfi/fantasy shows don't make money, ignoring the fact GoT and WestWorld are doing very well.
>>
>>85242398
Stargate fanbase is far to smart and ornery to give a shit about something like this, same with Star Trek, it's why people are looking forward to The Orville instead of Discovery, cuz they know it will be shit.
>>
>>85242287
thats such a nice shot, I knew it was a big set I never realized it was all one huge fucking set
>>
>>85242409
I was thinking back to early sg1 which was in the 90s, i realized it was retarded after i said it
>>
>>85238852
Aliens already attacked Earth over Antarctica and they just astroturfed it.
>>
File: dsc01929.jpg (1MB, 3680x2070px) Image search: [Google]
dsc01929.jpg
1MB, 3680x2070px
>>85242287
>i thought they kept it because they need it for the movie
already filmed them at that point. its why they never show the sgc at the arse end of sga s5.
>>
>>85242434
This is probably just some money laundering scheme by someone trying to bail out of MGM's sinking ship, while at the same time giving them a good excuse to shut up Stargate fans in the future with, "you want more Stargate? Guess you should've watched Origins!"
>>
>>85242341
So no big villain like the goa'uld and just random episodes visiting other planets every week? Reminder humans are the fifth race and have the power to rule the galaxy.
>>
>>85242509
did Scyphyllus lose the license or was it always on loan from MGM?
>>
>>85242434
>Stargate fanbase is far to smart and ornery to give a shit about something like this
Go look at the comments on the trailer and on twitter.
The majority of any fanbase, SG included, is retarded.
>>
>>85242541
Twitter is run by a shill, youtube comments are always below average intelligence, they mean nothing.

/tv/ or reddit will steer the course of this ship, as they usually do.
>>
>>85235728
It's a bit depressing that one person from a short series attached to stargate could possibly afford to buy the entire franchise. Fuck him.
>>
>>85242541
>Youtube comments section
Has the average intelligence of an amoeba
Plus some comments read like they were written by an astroturfing agent
>>
>>85238758
SG-1 was infinitely better when sam stopped talking about her ovaries or bitching about how they treat women on X planet.
>>
>>85242576
plebbit is filled with people supporting the show cause they want more stargate. not because they think the show will be good. people saying its going to be shit are getting downvoted
>>
File: point of origin.webm (897KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
point of origin.webm
897KB, 320x180px
>>85242447
remember they where a showtime program for 5 seasons with a pretty decent budget. Too bad they cancelled it. Can you imagine a reality where showtime is making grand stargate shows to compete with HBO's shit. would be glorious
>>
>>85242541
https://youtu.be/whfMMfR4KKw?t=1m4s
>>
>>85242618
on the actual stargate subreddit?

big deal, that's mod fuckery, once it makes its way over to something general like /r/videos it will get shit on properly
>>
>>85239434
Have you ever pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 in 8+ G's?
>>
>>85242637
looks like they got the make a good trailer part wrong for SGO
>>
>>85238758
Cater was the only character with no weaknesses
Jack was ignorant and muh son
Jackson was a weak nerd
Tealc had too much pride and muh family
Sam was literally flawless and will always be the worst character because of that, i cant remember one time she fucked up in the early series
>>
>>85236992
Although Vala made the later part of SG-1 much better.
>>
>>85242577
He had backers willing to fund 20 episodes in Europe after SGU fell apart. We could have gotten SGA season 6. They were never going to let him buy the whole thing just lease it or whatever. But new people at MGM didn't do anything and let Stargate fans cry out for years. Now we got this shitty web series.
>>
>>85242711
I am still happier without it. I'm sure the new SGA episodes would have been bullshit like vegas. The series was going nowhere near the end. It's no wonder it was cancelled.
>>
>>85234456
STARFAGGOTS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>tfw Star Trek fan
Who's laughing now, redditors
>>
>>85242702
Carter is a social outcast, unmarried, and lonely, she has no friends and no family outside of work.

She's just as bad as Daniel except she was properly trained in the airforce, and Daniel later becomes just as adapt as her at combat.
>>
>>85236405
Do one of the scene with sam playing the chello from Unending in SG-1 where it zooms in/out (forget which)
>>
>>85242738
I agree that SGA by th end of it wasn't in a very good shape, storytelling-wise, but the reason it was cancelled wasn't because they couldn't come up with anything or that it was losing viewership dramatically but solely because the producers wanted to do normie drama and thought old school Stargate would get in the way of pretend nuBSG
>>
>>85242749
>>85242738
Poor bait.
>>
File: 1482479686670.jpg (181KB, 1061x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1482479686670.jpg
181KB, 1061x1100px
>>85242702
>>85242768
>>
>>85242768
you forgot about her temper whenever something happened to oneil she couldn't figure out, like 100 days or paradise lost
>>
>>85242813
Sorry you don't like hearing the truth. They seemed like they were running out of ideas in SGA.

>>85242803
They should have just kept on with the IOA and military out in the pegasus. When they brought atlantis back to earth they had backed themselves into a corner. I've seen all of the shows too many times through now but when atlantis was first airing I was losing interest in it by then.
>>
File: 1234325254686.jpg (21KB, 560x320px) Image search: [Google]
1234325254686.jpg
21KB, 560x320px
>Have high hopes that the series at first glance will seem mundane but in actuality it is a history-altering scenario and the Goa'uld invade as soon as it is dug up after learning about the SGC in the future
>tfw know this is just wishful thinking
>>
>>85242819
Daniel was literally Goku in SG-1. It was fun trying to guess how many times they'd kill him and bring him back.
>>
>>85242875
yep, that was also a thing
>>
>>85242879
Also I want to add I think they should have done more experimental episodes like time travel and stuff. Most of the best episodes are filler.
>>
>>85242819
needs p90s chopping trees in half to be perfect
https://youtu.be/NjlCVW_ouL8?t=121
>>
>>85242702
In season 5 her big-brain gets her in trouble when she fucks with the gate fail safe system to dial to a planet and fucks up their sun in the progress, and puts the whole planet and its people at risk
>>
>>85242900
you mean Hawkman
>>
>>85242803
>but the reason it was cancelled wasn't because they couldn't come up with anything or that it was losing viewership dramatically
I'm pretty sure those weren't reasons to keep plugging away at it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with thinking a dramatic shift in tone could give the franchise a shot in the arm.
>>
>>85242895
I bet this fuck this up more than Disney fucks up the Han Solo movie, wanna bet it turns out she meets Teal'c or is his mom or some shit?
>>
>>85242937
>carter flinching when jack points the gun at her at the end
never noticed that before
>>
>>85234456
Is this going to retcon SG-1 going back in time to help liberate the gate?
>>
>>85235987
tried it out and it was cringe inducing. not the campy comfy way that early seasons of SG1/TNG were, just entirely bad writing and edgy characters. its like a show for high school kids.
>>
File: 1496485323855.jpg (269KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496485323855.jpg
269KB, 1200x1200px
>>85242895
>>85242988
>Could have been an alternate time line where the Stargate became public knowledge during the 1940's and Earth took a very different social and technological path
>It won't be
>>
>>85243085
That doesn't even look anything like sam. Why are that girl's eyes so big?
>>
>>85238548
It makes perfect sense 2bh

>find ancient technology
>ally with good guy goa'uld tok'ra who share information and some tech with you
>have literal ascended beings cheat the system to help you
>make super close friends with the most technologically advanced species currently existing in the known universe (at the time: the asgard)
>goa'uld are literally insane and are just shitty parasites that were basically living off of soviet tier (compared to asgard) technology that they built or stole from whatever ancient shit they could understand
>galaxy had been completely stagnant due to the goa'uld just chilling and pretending to be gods while keeping everyone purposefully ignorant
>literally have an ancient city full of ancient knowledge and eventually gain the ability to travel to and from this city regularly
>on-ship asgards to operate asgard tech on earth vessels
>earth ships have like the most fucking powerful ancient weapon on board in the form of the attack drones
>asgard suicide because they're falling apart and give humans all their technology

Its honestly pretty understandable. Also they made alliances with people, instead of shitting on everyone like the goa'uld.
>>
>>85243116
because it's a drawing
>>
>>85243085
hoo boy now that would be fucked up, you'd get Nazi goa'uld vs the Allies and their offworld quests to bring back alien technology to fight them.

earth would probably be lost in the first season and they'd spend the rest of the series trying to get it back, Teal'c would still be there of course.
>>
>>85234456
no

i don't want this

the whole fucking point is that the bitch and her dad never got the damn ring to work. That the basis of the fucking show franchise
>>
>>85243145
Plot twist Hitler was a Goa'uld and death camps were intended as Jaffa conversion programs

inb4 /pol/weenies
>>
>>85243122
I agree with you. The first goal of the stargate program is to secure technology. Goa'uld just sat around with the tech they had borrowed and they had a few people capable of making minor advances to it, but the fact that the goa'uld kept their population low and used stupid jaffa for everything severely limited their capabilities to advance. The only people who really advanced them were anubis (ascended bieng), ba'al (just badass), and Nerus.
>>
File: 500px-SG1_-_S5EP1_P902.jpg (45KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
500px-SG1_-_S5EP1_P902.jpg
45KB, 500x280px
>>85242819
>>85242768
makes sense imo, it would make sense that he started gaining aptitude from all his adventures and that he would start training so he wasn't a liability to his team. the real life story is that michael shanks and christopher judge became gym buddies IRL.
>>
>>85234456
>this will be canon
nope, this shit never existed
>>
>>85243197
it's like it writes itself
>>
>>85243029
it's suppose to stay in cannon with the TV series, which means its going to be about how they got the gate out of giza away from nazi's maybe, since its in the 20s and not 40s when they first got it to work.
>>
sounds worse than aunt may; international spy
>>
>>85243223
I wonder if they'll cover the gate lost at the antarctic.
>>
STRAIGHT
>>
>>85243237
don't tell me they did that in the movie because his parents are already canonically spies
>>
>>85243252
errm or was it up north, I forget. The one that mitchell went back in time to.
>>
>>85242937
Was this product placement?
>>
The only thing worth watching is perhaps the movie with Kurt Russel but even that is a stretch. I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a "fan" of this shitshow. That's what it is. The acting is awkward, the sets are awkward, the budgets must have been awkward because usually they are surrounded by something looking like shit trying to discuss it properly.

There's a nigga that looks like the catlady with a glued-on plate on his face. Macgyver is running around trying to not laugh at having to pretend all of this is real.

And I just don't get it, I don't get how anyone greenlit this. The show must be cheap because a lot of channels are showing it eternally on day-time television to fill up the schedule. But its just so shot. I've sat through plenty episodes and the show repulses me, I get angry that this show exists. I don't give to flying shits if thats autism, it angers me that someone voluntarily sits down and watches this because they love it.
>>
>>85243252
A show/ miniseries about the Ancients might have been cool, but this is pointless
>>
>>85243252
that was left by the ancients along time ago. if they they move it in the 20s it completely breaks cannon because so many other episodes and concepts where built off solitudes
>>
>>85243213
>the real life story is that michael shanks and christopher judge became gym buddies IRL.

so basically he's /fit/
goes from nerd to sick kunt
>>
File: 1500602888672.jpg (559KB, 1315x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1500602888672.jpg
559KB, 1315x5000px
>>85243284
>>
>>85235437
>>85235470
>>85235547
>>85235673
>>85235747
>>85235775

The thing that pissed me off actually was that the powercreep didn't go FAR ENOUGH.

I mean at the end of SG1 they fucking defeated the Ori and had literally the entire fucking history and tech of the Asgard on one ship which I assumed they spent the next few years integrating into all their others. At the end of SGA the city of Atlantis and all it's Ancient knowledge is on Earth.

Fast forward to SGU and I'm supposed to believe that the Lucian Alliance with some fucking Ha'taks pose ANY fucking threat at all to a 304? Carter and the Hammond alone should have been able to vaporize an entire fleet. But no, they fucking have to retreat from Ha'taks crewed by some small time smugglers and mercenaries.
>>
>>85243284
There are commercials that cost more to make than the average episode of SG1. It's Canadian Star Trek

But that's part of the charm, that you can tell they don't care. It's comfy because you're all in the same mindeset, like old 60s sci fi wit less racism and sexism.
>>
>>85242002
No they didnt
>>
>>85243116
anime
>>
>>85243324
>Fast forward to SGU and I'm supposed to believe that the Lucian Alliance with some fucking Ha'taks pose ANY fucking threat at all to a 304? Carter and the Hammond alone should have been able to vaporize an entire fleet. But no, they fucking have to retreat from Ha'taks crewed by some small time smugglers and mercenaries.
haha i forgot about this... a new 304 losing to hataks is just laughable.
>>
>>85243273
that was the Giza gate up north in that timeline
>>
>>85243324
>Fast forward to SGU and I'm supposed to believe that the Lucian Alliance with some fucking Ha'taks pose ANY fucking threat at all to a 304?

That pissed me off. I fucking hate the Lucian Alliance bullshit. But the problem is you're right, by SGU there were no other enemies that could threaten them. The Wraith were dead in the water, the Ori and System Lords were gone, the Replicators were gone (mercifully, fuck the replicators).
>>
>>85243142
>>85243352
The other 3 members of SG-1 look fine though. They just decided to turn sam into something else.
>>
If they just made a Ba'al spinoff series I'd watch the fuck out of it.
>>
>>85243254
TO
>>
>>85243407
Ba'al is a meme. He was cool and sexy, but by the end he was overused and the "oh no we have to work together" stuff got stale
>>
>>85243422
P3X-589
>>
>>85243446
>OSiRiS !OSiRiS3dfk

ey bby u wan sum fuk?
>>
It would be kind of fun if stargate went for a trek style series.

After all the gate network connects only a tiny portion of the galaxy.
>>
>>85243440
I hated the stuff where they worked with him. I liked all of the parts were Ba'al was cucking Earth.
>>
>>85243465
Infinity already did that
>>
>>85243284
tl;dr
>>
>>85243483
>>85243483
>>85243483

warp here faguts
>>
>There will never be a Stargate themed series based around a Gou'ald turned good, an Asgard, a Furling and a genius Unas who travel around the universe on their space ship made of a mix of technologies and get up to space hijinks
>>
>>85243499
this would be good in animated format
>>
>>85243377

Replicators were fine until the writers decided they needed Human form Replicators.

Don't even get me started on fucking Atlantis replicators.
>>
>>85239785
>piss on fans for not wanting to watch shit
>>
File: 1361866391172.jpg (632KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1361866391172.jpg
632KB, 2000x1500px
>>85243464
>>
>>85243533
fuck why did they kill both waifus in one go?
>>
File: jaye-davidson.jpg (43KB, 728x455px) Image search: [Google]
jaye-davidson.jpg
43KB, 728x455px
>>85234456

>went from cute twink RA

to full blown HIV pozzed fagget

wow, just wow
>>
>>85243524
You now remember replicators took up half of Ark of Truth, the movie meant to wrap up the Ori plot.
>>
>>85243573
>>
>>85243604

At least they were the real Replicators.
>>
>>85243122

tldr

Go'uld are niggers.
>>
ok its been maybe 10 years but time for a rewatch, i'm planning on watching the pilot then skipping to s2 maybe even 3, anyone want to dissuade me? I don't recall anything particularly good in s1
>>
File: SG1 Cavemen.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
SG1 Cavemen.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>85243871
>I don't recall anything particularly good in s1
>>
>>85243871
i always enjoy 'there but for the grace of god'

love hearing about goauld wrecking earth.
>>
>>85243888
oh yea, maybe i'll watch that one, i am looking for a couple to watch before moving on to the next season
>>
>>85243924
yes, and it was a great moment when Daniel announced they were coming at the end
>>
>>85243948
Just check the wikipedia list of episodes, watch any you remember particularly liking or don't remember at all

It's what I did for TNG and I ended up watching maybe a dozen episodes from S1 & 2 and I don't feel like I missed anything special
>>
>>85243993
good plan, i'll do that
>>
>>85240318
>Try lying when I'm not around.
Wanna talk about lying? Keep repeating how Mallozzi was responsible for SGA's cancellation, when in reality he probably more than anyone involved wanted to keep it going.
>>
File: 1496500515720.png (640KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496500515720.png
640KB, 1200x1200px
>>85243085
>>
>>85241993
>tfw no mini series about the SAS operating out of the sgc
>night raids on gou'uld installations
>SG teams in gas masks and MP5s taking out jaffa
>everyone character is played by Sean Pertwee like Tom Hardy in Legend.
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>85244635
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.