[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody around who wants to talk about babylon 5? how powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (102KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
102KB, 1100x618px
anybody around who wants to talk about babylon 5?

how powerful was the earth alliance really, compared to other factions? could they beat the narn? how about the centoori
>>
iirc earth was buying weapons from both during the earth vs minbari war, so I guess their ships and tech is still better at the start of the show.

by the end of the show they've wasted so much resources trying to genocide eachother again earth could probably rekt them if they had to.
>>
>>85219992
desu the cantauri and even the narns had a ridiculous amout of ships. some anon had scans of some booklet about the narn-centauri war and the numbers of ships listed there was retarded.

during the earth civil war there didn't seem to be that many human ships.
>>
>>85219812
I just started season 5....the build up to the Shadow-Vorlon stuff was great,,,,kinda lost a step after that but still decent. Ivanovov literally just disapperared like she never existed and I felt REALLY bad for that bong ranger who died for her her
>>
>>85219812
During the time in which the show is set, I tend to assume the ESA is somewhere between the Centauri and the Narns in terms of military power. I'll dust off my Babylon 5 Wars rulebook when I get home, which is considered semi-canon, and maybe give a ship vs ship assessment.
>>
>>85221313
yeah, that poor guy had it rough. what did you think of the way the shadow war ended? most people hated that, but I was actually okay with it, since the old ones were written to be so powerful, conventional victory was impossible. i preferred that resolution to some mcguffin or god forbid, a mass effect type ending.

good luck with season 5 btw, it gets better in the second half.
>>
>>85219812
I've never seen Babylon 5, how would you compare it to TNG? I thought TNG was okay but kind of boring.
>>
>>85221601
couldn't finish tng myself. babylon 5 is much more serialized which i strongly prefer. the first season might seem like a story of the week type plot, but almost every episode has some tidbit that's useful for world building.

i'd say go for it but brace yourself for a rough first season. from what i understand, b5 is like deep space nine, although i still haven't gotten around to watching it
>>
>>85221595
I liked it...you knew they stood little to no chance against them so it made sense
>>
>>85221601
>>85221703
you gentlemen really should give DS9 a go...starts out a lil rough like most sci-fi and towards the end becomes highly serialized which I also prefer
>>
File: Londo.png (556KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Londo.png
556KB, 853x480px
Ah, you are all reading this post in my voice, yes? Good, GOOD!
>>
>>85221916
was the centauri ark resolved in a book or something? i can't remember what happened with them and the drakh
>>
>>85222037
Seems like it. Google tells me this is where it was resolved:
http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Out_of_the_Darkness
>>
File: wtf.jpg (308KB, 375x640px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
308KB, 375x640px
>>85222170
this looks like both sheridan and sinclair at the same time
>>
>>85222245
kek
Isn't Londo dead though? Why is old Londo on the cover?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxFI80zPhE
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.